October 1st, 2015
We know you’ve been desperate to get your hands on another one of Katie’s delicious recipes so this week we’re bringing you her Cranberry, Pecan and Chocolate Cookie recipe.
This is a favourite of Katie’s recipes at Brav Towers – the chewy coconut and syrupy goodness combined with the rich jewel colours and tartness of the cranberries make this a delicious afternoon treat (or mid morning, or late night…)
- 225g oats
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 350g light brown sugar, packed
- 250g unsalted butter
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g pecans
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g chocolate chips-milk or dark
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees c, 300F, Gas mark 2 , and line two baking sheets.
- Combine oats, coconut, flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Combine butter, maple syrup and golden syrup in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter melts, stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water, then stir this into the butter and syrup mixture along with the pecans, cranberries and vanilla extract. Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take golf ball sized lumps of the mixture, and lightly roll into balls. Place on baking sheet, and flatten slightly, leaving a 5cm gap between then cookies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer with a fish slice to a wire rack.
Yield: 20 cookies
Maddie offers a great moulded balconette – giving a great support and lovely rounded shape, for those of you who like to have a moulded cup.
Marcie is fun and flirty, a great balconette for every day and finished with cute animal print bows.
September 30th, 2015
Have you ever dreamt of nightwear that gives you comfort and support, while still being stylish. Well your dreams have come true with our new range of cami tops, vests and bottoms.
All pyjama tops and nightdresses have an integral bra with a soft underband and come in sizes up to a ‘J’ cup for the ultimate comfort experience. The cosy fabrics are available in a great new range of colours (bright blue, red, grey and cream) with matching pyjama shorts and pyjama bottoms.
We have a choice of tops to suit your style: a vest top which comes in red or cream, a grey cami pyjama top with a pretty lace trim, or a sporty racerback pyjama top in blue. Try these with the shorts as pictured or if you want something a bit more cosy then the long pyjama bottoms are for you. Here they are with the vest top in cream.
If a nightdress is more your style then our pretty lace trimmed nightdress with adjustable straps and integral support is perfect for you.
See the full Bravissimo nightwear range here!
September 23rd, 2015
There’s still time to enter our fantastic competition to win a gorgeous boysenberry KitchenAid mixer – so you can whip up a Banoffee Pie like Berry or a Pasty like Paul and its retro look will enhance any kitchen worktop!
How do I enter?
- Share your favourite berry inspired recipes by uploading them to your Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter accounts and mention @LoveBravissimo using #Berrylicious
- Follow our @lovebravissimo #Berrylicious board on pinterest here
- We will add your #Berrylicious imagery to the @lovebravissimo #Berrylicious Pinterest board*
What could you win?
- Katie will select a‘Weekly Star Baker’ from the entries each week to win a Mary Berry cookbook and £10 Bravissimo voucher!
- You could be crowed‘Overall Star Baker’ – Katie will select one lucky winner after the closing date to win a ‘KitchenAid’ mixer in a luscious Boysenberry colour. Katie will also bake the winners recipe and feature it on her own blog!
So, what’s stopping you? Ready, Set Bake!
The competition is open from Tuesday 1st September until Midnight Saturday 31st October 2015. Users selected on a weekly basis as a ‘weekly star baker’ may also be eligible to win the Boysenberry ‘KitchenAid’ mixer and be crowned ‘overall star baker’. Please note – depending on your privacy settings within your personal social profiles we may not be able to locate all entries. Please see our website for full terms and condition’s.
* we cannot guarantee we can locate all associated imagery and comments.
Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn Vodka Recipe
We’re so immersed in our own bake-offs here at Bra Towers that we’re almost forgetting about the Paul & Mary show (almost, I said…)
This week’s recipe is Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn vodka, we love the heat from the peppercorns combined with the sweetness of the strawberries – great for summer days (or autumn evenings, come to that!)
- 200g strawberries
- 500ml vodka
- 4 tbsp caster sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- Destalk and halve the strawberries, and put in a 1 litre jar.
- Add the sugar, and top up with the vodka put the lid on the jar, and give it a shake.
- Leave the vodka for 1 week, shaking every now and then to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the pink peppercorns, and leave for another 3 days.
- Strain out the strawberries and peppercorns, and either bottle, or return the strained vodka to the jar.
September 21st, 2015
The days are getting shorter and already the temperatures are dropping which means that Autumn will soon be here. Time to start thinking about a cosy autumn wardrobe to keep us warm including some stunning new lingerie, of course!
We have some great new colours and styles for this Autumn; themes of rich berry and teal plus some gorgeous floral patterns. Our new styles and colours go from everyday favourites and t-shirt bras to glamorous retro styles.
Take a look at some of our favourites from the Autumn/Winter Collection. Exciting new lingerie will help you feel even more gorgeous when you step out in style.
Terrific Teal – Alana our best-selling bra is here in a fantastic new colour. With great fit, support and shape and a range of three different matching brief styles this is a must for your Autumn wardrobe.
For lots more styles and colours, check out what else is new from Bravissimo this Autumn!