May 7th, 2010
She was one of the style icons of the 50’s, a successful actress who went on to be a Princess, the stuff of dreams (or of a Hollywood script). But Grace Kelly remained grounded despite her fame and will be remembered as one of the darlings of the 1950’s. Her impeccable dress sense will long be admired by women everywhere and as we consistently revisit the 50’s for style inspiration we know we can rely on Kelly to remind us how to dress with style.
How to get the Grace Kelly look;
- Keep things understated with not a drop of bling in sight, this look is classy not flashy.
- Embrace your curves with hour glass silhouettes and high waist skirts and trousers. The classic A-line shape will also help to balance a top heavy figure. Get the look with our classic floral dress, spot print dress or striped cotton dress, perfect for summer parties.
- Cropped trousers and chinos are making a come back, wear yours the Grace way with an oversized shirt tucked in and a pair of espadrilles for easy summer days.
- Be careful with your colour choices and when wearing a bold colour ensure it’s the centre piece and not a mismatch of other colours and prints. This 50’s icon would probably stay well away from this season’s graphic print dresses but might wear the trend as a silk scarf instead for a more subtle adaptation of the trend.
- And finally, a pair of great sunglasses for ultimate Hollywood Glamour, just add a smattering of red lipstick and you’re good to go!
Grace Kelly’s classic looks and amazing wardrobe are now being celebrated in an exhibition at the V&A museum London. The exhibition is on now until the 26th September go to www.vam.ac.uk for more details.