June 14th, 2010
Pastel tones are now invading our make-up bags as well as our wardrobes. So here’s a quick guide to getting the pastel make-up revolution right.
- Focus on the eyes. Hints of pastel shades should be worn on the eyelid and under your lower lashes.
- Don’t over do it by applying eyeshadow too heavily, instead keep it looking soft and pretty by applying colours lightly.
- Mix different pastel tones for effect. A brighter flash of green or blue on the lower lid can be balanced out with a more neutral pink or lilac on the upper lid.
- Mascara should be applied sparingly, use just enough to define your lashes without clogging them and making them appear too heavy. That way your eyes will look soft and fresh, which is what this look is about.
- With the colour emphasis around the eyes, keep the rest of your make-up simple. Use a light powder over your regular foundation to achieve a matte finish this will set off your pastely eyes perfectly!
- Add a nude or pink toned gloss to lips to complete this soft bo-ho look, wear your hair in a loose braid and team with a floaty floral dress and denim waistcoat for the full bo-ho effect.
- If you’re unsure about pastel tones and think they might not suit you make-up wise then try a pastel nail polish instead. Nail polish is huge this summer as we prepare for flip-flops and sandal weather but whether you decide to clash your polish or match it with your outfit, there is one rule; make it a pastel shade.