August 12th, 20100
The sales seem to have come round quicker than ever this summer, not that we’re complaining. Although it does feel as though we’ve barely had chance to wear our summer outfits before the discounts have started and that means accepting the reality that soon there will be new season clothing in and by new season we mean Autumn/Winter collections AAARRRRRRRRRGH! The sheer thought of winter fills us with horror, so actually we think we’ll make the most of our summer clothes before we contemplate buying knitwear again! Plus, it’s a great time of year to pick up some bargains or some last minute things for your summer holiday!
Hot summer items to make the most of (before it’s too late);
- Maxi dress, if you haven’t tried one yet then now is the time! Go jersey for day time and accessorise with bangles and long necklaces or opt for silk for an evening/formal look. Patterned maxi dresses are more difficult to pull off, but find the right print and they look incredible.
- Wedges, heels are going delicate and feminine next season, so make the most of your wedge heels now.
- Prints always look better and more exotic when the weather is good, so wear yours sooner rather than later at home or on holiday, there’s nothing like a bit of sunshine to set off a bold and colourful print.
- Anything bo-ho, the bo-ho look with its floaty florals, torn denim and straw hats is definitely a summer trend, it ties in with festivals, summers spent by the beach or in the park having a picnic, not so good in the snow!
- Utility chic will make way to softer more feminine styles so if you’ve invested in a pair of combat style trousers/shorts/jacket, wear them now. This doesn’t mean however that we’ll all be wearing lady like dresses and skirts next season, trousers are still big news and we predict you’ll be opting for a pair of silk tailored trousers over a dress for your winter parties.