August 11th, 20100
Keep your eye out for next season’s must have accessories;
- A cleavage, it’s true, a cleavage is THE number one accessory for next season. As fashion makes a long overdue return to feminine easy to wear styles, with 50s silhouettes and flattering shapes, a celebration of curves is also on the cards. Hurray!
- A square bag. Smart, simple and square are the three key ingredients to the perfect handbag, preferably in a brown or neutral tone.
- High heeled boots, think hiking boot meets stiletto. This tough take on the classic stiletto works well with the season’s country look, leather jackets and tweed.
- Kitten heels, we haven’t seen kitten heels around for a while, but they work perfectly with the back to simplicity feel of the new season’s trends. They’re also more practical for everyday wear and are way more feminine and dainty then the ‘fierce’ heels of previous seasons.
- Thin waist belts, these were everywhere on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 2010. Wear yours thin and tied in a knot over your coat, over a cardigan, top or dress to add definition to your waist.
- Leopard print is having a thing next season as it outlasts other animal prints and is still going strong. Wear the print in the evening for full on glamour on the wild side!
- Socks with shoes not quite as scary as socks with sandals but we’re not too sure we’ll be able to rock this look without feeling a little too little girlie.
- Long gloves, practical especially if next winter is going to be as cold as the last, but fashionable too. Long leather gloves are going to have a moment next season so make sure you get the right pair, wear to the elbow for full impact and opt for leather or suede. You can either match or clash the colour depending on whether you prefer the subtle classic look or something bolder!