August 10th, 20100
Next season is all about celebrating feminine style with reworked classics and easy to wear trends. So take a step back from crazy prints, OTT shapes and difficult to wear fashion and embrace the subtle sexiness of style.
- Camel is the new black. If you have one splurge next season, make it a camel coat. This statement piece will keep you warm, dry and at the top of the fashion stakes all season. It is the perfect companion to tailored pieces that are also a key look for the season. Wear neatly cut and fitted or slightly oversized but wear with a brown belt to add definition and contrast.
- Minimalism = maximum impact. After the array of prints in summer, winter will see all together more simple styles and shapes. The tailored look is re-born with leather and wool pieces from formal dresses to tailored soft leather tops. Colours too will be more neutral and bold prints make way to block colours and monochrome outfits.
- 50s inspiration. Next season’s hemline is a modest to the shin length, perfect for 50s style A-line skirts and dresses. Think cinched waists, sleeves and modest necklines too!
- Trousers will be taking over from dresses for evening wear, choose a silk style for added glam and classic tweed for the office. This look has a 70s feel to it, high waist, wide leg and a multitude of brown shades.
- Colour embrace. There is more to the season than browns and neutrals, ice blues, reds, greens and surprising yellows are also on the cards to add a colour injection to a notoriously dark season.
- Maxi-skirts, you’ve done the maxi dress so why not give the maxi skirt a go. Dress down a silk skirt with a cardigan or oversized tee or go for full-on glam with a sheer lace top.
- Leather and lace, go gothic with leather and lace pieces worn together for full impact. Black lace is a must in the evening and if you’re feeling daring, wear in the day time with understated underwear.