November 27th, 20090
… If you’re anything like us here at Bravissimo, then even the word ‘gym’ sometimes sends a little shiver down your spine! But we’re all guilty of promising ourselves that we’ll start our extreme exercise routine next week, after we’ve just finished doing this or that or the other.
So, if the gym is not for you, why not try something else to keep you in shape? Here are just some ideas;
• Salsa – so much fun you won’t even know your exercising (until the next day maybe anyway!)
• Biking – a lot quicker than walking and loads more fun than running
• Walking – even increasing the amount you walk each day can help to improve fitness levels, just wrap up warm!
• Cleaning – yes cleaning can burn up to 300 calories an hour and obviously will make your home look great too, get that hover out quick!
• Gardening – the celebs are doing it so why cant we?!
• Dancing – is a great way to combine exercise into your night out, a good boogie is great cardio
• Kick-boxing – it’s a great way to tone up and learn self defence at the same time, it does however require a high level of commitment and discipline and is not for the faint hearted
• Canoeing – maybe in summer, great fun though
• Skiing – a fantastic skill to have and is great to do even on a rainy day!
Try to get ahead of the game for Christmas, if you can get into a good routine for a month before Christmas the January health kick will be that little bit easier. If you don’t want to go it alone, get your girl friends together and try something new. One last thing, don’t forget the sports bras ladies!