February 25th, 2011
Men often wonder why women love shoes so much, yet the answer is simple. Women love shoes because no matter how much our weight fluctuates over the years, shoes will always fit. That way we can justify spending lots of money on them as we will wear them for many years, decades even, whereas the sporting equipment they spent hundreds of pounds on have only ever been used twice.
As fashion trends change so do shoe trends, therefore we’ve rounded up the top five shoe trends for spring/summer and what they’ll look best with, enjoy!
1) Wooden wedges; they’ve already been around for a couple of seasons but this time they’re a little fiercer than previous with contrasting materials and stud detailing. Wear with a floaty floral dress to add attitude or with cropped trousers and a floppy hat to channel the 70s vibe.
2) The ankle tie shoe; this is definitely a look for summer but bare it in mind for when the warmer weather approaches. The look ranges from super high heels to flats and everything in between, however, they all have one thing in common; a very cute tie detail around the ankle. The prettiest of them all is the scarf tie, go for a bold pattern or colour to add interest to a simple summer dress; go gypsy chic with a gingham print or glamorous with an animal print, this style of shoe will also look great on holiday.
3) White heels; no longer restricted to the stereotyped Essex girl, white high heels are big in the style stakes this season. Wear yours with a floral print dress, tailored trousers or a sharp and stylish pencil skirt. Just don’t go dancing around your handbag whilst wearing them!
4) Neon heels; if you don’t fancy colour clashing your outfit this season, then add a shot of statement colour with your footwear. In the brightest shades of yellow, pink, blue and green, neon shoes are a great way to get on trend without forking out a small fortune for lots of new outfits. For ultimate contrast where your neon heels with a LBD and a neon handbag in a contrasting colour.
5) Super flats; give your tootsies a break in a pair of ballet pumps or super flat sandals this season. We do love a heel but couldn’t wear them everyday and so are grateful for the return of the flat. The flat shoe in whatever style, whether it’s a pump, sandal, loafer or brogue style shouldn’t be restricted to day wear. Go for a shiny metallic, embellished or simple chic style and wear on your next night out. You’ll be amazed at just how dressy a flat shoe can look and you’ll be dancing all night long! Wear with a glam maxi dress, maxi skirt or tailored trousers that are cropped at the ankle to shoe off your fabulous flats just make sure you pile on enough accessories and dress the look up to compensate for the lack of heelage!