October 21st, 20150
Being pregnant and having a baby can be one of the most exciting times of a womans life. The miracle of a new life never ceases to amaze and delight us all, but there is always plenty to think about, whether it’s your first baby or you’ve been there and got the t-shirt many times before. When your beautiful baby has arrived, you have to navigate your way through sleepless nights, a million nappy changes with military precision every time you leave the house.
One thing you shouldn’t worry about if you choose to breastfeed is the act itself and a good nursing bra can make all the difference when you are feeding your baby. If you or someone close to you is at the stage where it’s time to think ‘nursing bras’, we can help you find the right one.
The Ava Nursing Bra by Royce is based on the Sadie, an already popular nursing bra. The Ava is a gorgeous soft cup bra with drop down cups for easy feeding. Don’t worry about support, our nursing bras have fuller cups that will provide you with all of the support you will need. The Ava comes in a cream or black with a small dot pattern and lace trim. It is available up to a K cup and it comes with three hooks in some larger sizes for extra support.
The Sophie Nursing Bra by Panache ticks all the boxes, when it comes to nursing bras. It’s really pretty and offers comfort plus support. The soft cup comes in black or candy pink with delicate lace embellishment. The cups drop down to provide ease when breastfeeding. To make this bra even more comfortable the cups have been lined with jersey and in some sizes it comes with plush padding on the shoulders.
The Charlotte Nursing Bra by Royce is a supportive and comfortable bra. This bra comes in nude, white and black (black is available up to a L cup) It also offers three hooks in some larger sizes to provide extra support.
The soft cup bra has drop down cups to make your life easier when breastfeeding – a great everyday bra for you when nursing!
Nursing Bra Advice
Boobs can increase in size when your milk supply comes in so hold off from buying your nursing bra until your baby has been born.
If that’s not possible, leave buying your nursing bra until near your due date and we can make sure you choose a bra which allows room for growth and breast pads.
Whilst breastfeeding we suggest soft cup bras, as they provide more flexibility as your boobs fluctuate throughout the day due to breastfeeding.
Wires can also affect delicate breast tissue and can even increase the risk of mastitis, so a soft cup bra is best.
Are you looking for the perfect nursing bra? Our customer service team are happy to help and advise you in finding the right bra. Contact us on 01926 459859.
If you have any thoughts about this blog – we’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
October 1st, 20150
We know you’ve been desperate to get your hands on another one of Katie’s delicious recipes so this week we’re bringing you her Cranberry, Pecan and Chocolate Cookie recipe.
This is a favourite of Katie’s recipes at Brav Towers – the chewy coconut and syrupy goodness combined with the rich jewel colours and tartness of the cranberries make this a delicious afternoon treat (or mid morning, or late night…)
- 225g oats
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 350g light brown sugar, packed
- 250g unsalted butter
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60ml boiling water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g pecans
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g chocolate chips-milk or dark
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees c, 300F, Gas mark 2 , and line two baking sheets.
- Combine oats, coconut, flour, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Combine butter, maple syrup and golden syrup in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter melts, stirring, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the boiling water, then stir this into the butter and syrup mixture along with the pecans, cranberries and vanilla extract. Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take golf ball sized lumps of the mixture, and lightly roll into balls. Place on baking sheet, and flatten slightly, leaving a 5cm gap between then cookies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer with a fish slice to a wire rack.
Yield: 20 cookies
Maddie offers a great moulded balconette – giving a great support and lovely rounded shape, for those of you who like to have a moulded cup.
Marcie is fun and flirty, a great balconette for every day and finished with cute animal print bows.
September 30th, 20150
Have you ever dreamt of nightwear that gives you comfort and support, while still being stylish. Well your dreams have come true with our new range of cami tops, vests and bottoms.
All pyjama tops and nightdresses have an integral bra with a soft underband and come in sizes up to a ‘J’ cup for the ultimate comfort experience. The cosy fabrics are available in a great new range of colours (bright blue, red, grey and cream) with matching pyjama shorts and pyjama bottoms.
We have a choice of tops to suit your style: a vest top which comes in red or cream, a grey cami pyjama top with a pretty lace trim, or a sporty racerback pyjama top in blue. Try these with the shorts as pictured or if you want something a bit more cosy then the long pyjama bottoms are for you. Here they are with the vest top in cream.
If a nightdress is more your style then our pretty lace trimmed nightdress with adjustable straps and integral support is perfect for you.
See the full Bravissimo nightwear range here!
September 23rd, 20150
There’s still time to enter our fantastic competition to win a gorgeous boysenberry KitchenAid mixer – so you can whip up a Banoffee Pie like Berry or a Pasty like Paul and its retro look will enhance any kitchen worktop!
How do I enter?
- Share your favourite berry inspired recipes by uploading them to your Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter accounts and mention @LoveBravissimo using #Berrylicious
- Follow our @lovebravissimo #Berrylicious board on pinterest here
- We will add your #Berrylicious imagery to the @lovebravissimo #Berrylicious Pinterest board*
What could you win?
- Katie will select a‘Weekly Star Baker’ from the entries each week to win a Mary Berry cookbook and £10 Bravissimo voucher!
- You could be crowed‘Overall Star Baker’ – Katie will select one lucky winner after the closing date to win a ‘KitchenAid’ mixer in a luscious Boysenberry colour. Katie will also bake the winners recipe and feature it on her own blog!
So, what’s stopping you? Ready, Set Bake!
The competition is open from Tuesday 1st September until Midnight Saturday 31st October 2015. Users selected on a weekly basis as a ‘weekly star baker’ may also be eligible to win the Boysenberry ‘KitchenAid’ mixer and be crowned ‘overall star baker’. Please note – depending on your privacy settings within your personal social profiles we may not be able to locate all entries. Please see our website for full terms and condition’s.
* we cannot guarantee we can locate all associated imagery and comments.
Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn Vodka Recipe
We’re so immersed in our own bake-offs here at Bra Towers that we’re almost forgetting about the Paul & Mary show (almost, I said…)
This week’s recipe is Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn vodka, we love the heat from the peppercorns combined with the sweetness of the strawberries – great for summer days (or autumn evenings, come to that!)
- 200g strawberries
- 500ml vodka
- 4 tbsp caster sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- Destalk and halve the strawberries, and put in a 1 litre jar.
- Add the sugar, and top up with the vodka put the lid on the jar, and give it a shake.
- Leave the vodka for 1 week, shaking every now and then to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the pink peppercorns, and leave for another 3 days.
- Strain out the strawberries and peppercorns, and either bottle, or return the strained vodka to the jar.