Archive for December, 2010
December 28th, 20100
If you have any money left after Christmas then you might have decided to hit the sales and make the most of the reduced prices. However there are certain ways to ensure you get the things you actually want and avoid coming home with bags full of things that you’ll probably never wear but bought because they were massively reduced!
1- Don’t buy anything that has been damaged; we’re talking broken zips, fabric tears and suspicious marks that may or may not come out. You might have the intentions of repairing the damage or trying to get the mark out but unless you’re Kirstie Allsopp then it’ll probably end up in the back of your wardrobe, unworn.
2- Try to stick to classic pieces that will stand the test of time as opposed to buying lots of fashion forward pieces that by the time you get round to wearing them their fashion moment will have been and gone.
3- Be prepared. Sales shopping shouldn’t be considered a leisure activity; when the prices are slashed it’s a case of every woman for herself! So expect queues for changing rooms, elbows barging through the store and potential scuffles for the must haves.
4- Avoid the crowds and shop online. If you just can’t stand all the argy-bargy then do your sale shopping online. Shopping from the comfort of your own home is easy. The only downside however is not being able to try things on. Here at Bravissimo we let you search by size for lingerie and clothing, making it quicker and easier to find what you’re looking for! Another major benefit of online shopping, no rooting through rails and rails of clothes only to find they don’t have your size!
5- Finally, think about what you could buy to see you through to spring. A couple of basic pieces can make your current wardrobe more wearable so transitional pieces are a must when sales shopping!
Top ten sales must-haves;
1) a great fitting pair of jeans
2) a good pair of boots
3) a classic white shirt
4) anything cashmere
5) fabulous lingerie
6) a good winter coat, we still have Jan and Feb to get through yet!
7) shoes; that pair you’ve had your eye on for months, now half price?! Well, it’d be rude not to!
8) basics, tee-shirts, long sleeve tops etc are always worth getting in the sale
9) children’s clothes, well they will grow so fast so make the most of the small price tags
10)Christmas presents, if you can face it, there are bargains to be had
Did you know that shopping is a great form of cardio? So there’s even more reason to brave the sales! Get up to 50% off at Bravissimo, online and instore.
HAPPY SHOPPING LADIES!!
December 26th, 20100
Over indulged this Christmas? Then you’re probably one of many starting a New Year health kick. You might want to loose weight, get fit or both however drastic changes to diet and exercise might work short term but if you’re serious about loosing weight and keeping it off you should really think about your long term goals. Plus taking on too much at once could result in a quick defeat therefore it’s often better to set yourself small goals to boost your morale whilst on the road to a healthier you. If exercise is your main aim try a few different sports and classes, you don’t have to go to the gym if you don’t enjoy it. There are plenty of other sports, classes and clubs you could get involved with without being in a gym environment. If you’re forcing yourself to do an activity you don’t really enjoy then you’re more likely to give up so take the time to try a few different things and see what appeals to you. Get a friend to go with you for moral support/friendly competition or be brave and try something yourself, plus sports clubs and classes are a great way to meet new people. A new hobby and new friends, now there’s a resolution we think we could stick to!
Often the biggest factor acting against us when it comes to regular exercise is time. We often feel like we just don’t have the time to exercise, so we have to get creative;
- Walk instead of taking the car, a short walk to the shop will burn calories and get our heart rate going. Make it a brisk walk on the way there and a slower pace on the way back as you won’t want to loose your shopping to over enthusiastic arm pumping. Plus the extra weight of the shopping will work out your arm muscles too!
- Get up half an hour earlier. During those extra few minutes in the morning you could go for a brisk walk, jog or cycle and the extra adrenaline will keep you going all day. It seems like a contradiction that if you expend energy you will have more but it is true, try it for a week and see for yourself.
- Make the most of your children’s game consoles and invest in some exercise games; from yoga to dance and you can do it in the privacy of your own home!
- Get the right equipment to protect your equipment. If you do want to take up a new sport then make sure you properly protect your assets with a good fitting sports bra. Boobs, especially of the larger variety, can be put under a lot of stress and strain when participating in sports so avoid unnecessary injury and get a sports bra. We also feel more serious about the sport we’re doing when we’re wearing the right gear. Be it a sports bra, swimsuit, gym gear or something more specialised, it gives us an extra confidence boost and motivation to try that little bit harder.
December 22nd, 20100
We thought we’d share with you this fab blog from girl in the city in glasgow!
And if you’re interested in the Alana bra she bought after having her fitting, click here
December 21st, 20100
Christmas is a time for spending with the family, taking time off work and enjoying good food and good company. But Christmas can also be a very stressful time of year as people frantically rush round the shops trying to find the perfect present for their loved ones. So it makes sense to us to have a pamper day just before the 25th so that we can look and feel our best on the big day. We’re talking face masks, long soaks in hot baths, doing our hair, nails and probably a drop of red to help us to unwind. If you’re anything like us, you also probably have a stash of bubble bath and pampering tools from last Christmas, so they might as well be used to make room for the next lot! We’ll use any excuse for a night of ‘us’ time but we think that after all that shopping (and half of it not even for ourselves) we’ll be in need of some rest and relaxation.
Optimum pampering time is 2-3 hours including;
- a long soak in the bath, glass of red wine optional
- face mask
- hair mask
- hair removal
- cutting and shaping of nails, fingers and toes
- painting nails, fingers and toes
- intensive moisturising
- cosying up in gorgeous nightwear
- followed by un-intensive post-pampering activities such as reading a book or watching a film
And if you just don’t have the time to pre-pamper then make sure you have the time for some post-Christmas pampering, ideally before the New Year then you can be looking your best for New Year’s Eve.