Posts Tagged ‘basque’
May 12th, 20140
Something new, something old, something borrowed, something blue… and of course something white! Choosing the perfect wedding gown is something most girls’ dream of, but it is also essential to find the perfect bridal bra or basque to give you the best shape and support whichever dress you choose.
Check out our capsule collection of bridal lingerie, designed to get you feeling sleek, supported, confident and gorgeous in your spectacular gown.
P.s. Enjoy your special day!
April 23rd, 20130
When planning your big day, the last thing you want to do is worry about finding the right underwear for the dress of your dreams. Bravissimo has the perfect solution, with a beautiful range of bridal lingerie and expert fitting advice, to ensure that you walk down the aisle looking and feeling fabulous.
Whatever style of dress you choose, your underwear plays an important role, not only giving you the support you need, but also affecting the shape of your boobs and silhouette. Before you commit to the dress of your dreams, it’s a good idea to try on your lingerie so that you can check you are happy with the fit and the shape it gives you.
Different dress styles require different underwear solutions and this is definitely one day when you don’t want to compromise on fit or support. Low cut, empire line and scoop neck dresses look fantastic when worn with balconette or plunge styles. Or if you’ve set your heart on a strapless dress, Bravissimo has a great collection of strapless bras and basques. For halternecks, or asymmetrical style dresses why not try a plunge multiway bra, which gives amazing cleavage and is completely versatile too!
Of course you don’t have to stick to the traditional ivory or nude underwear, why not try a colour- just make sure your dress hides it well or show it off with pride.
This gorgeous Ring O Roses bra from our new Summer collection gives a nod to the ‘something blue’ with it’s gorgeous summery floral print and contrasting blue lace trim and straps.
Whatever your underwear needs, Bravissimo has some gorgeous sets guaranteed to make you feel special on your big day. Above all, you need to be happy and confident – plan ahead and try not to leave your bridal lingerie to the last minute!
Bravissimo’s friendly team of fitting consultants will spend as much time as you need to help you get the right underwear to suit you and your dress, so why not pop to your nearest store for a free fitting, alternatively you can get fitting advice over the phone by calling 01926 459 800 or online at Bravissimo.com
August 31st, 20110
When choosing a wedding dress style, the same rules apply as you would adopt when choosing your normal everyday outfits. Sweetheart, deep-Vs and scoop necklines are best, full-skirted dresses or fluted bottoms are great to balance out the figure of a curvy girl. If you are a curvy bride approaching your wedding day or you are close to the curvy bride, you are also going to need advice on underwear. The right lingerie can make a big difference to your day, it is important for the look of the dress, that you have the right bra too. You will need to be comfortable all day long, and it is a very long day indeed. Our advice would be to come into one of our Bravissimo stores and ask for some free fitting advice, nothing can compare to one to one advice with our trained experts. Meanwhile, why not browse some of our elegant bridal styles below.
The Tiffany Basque by Masquerade, is a stunning basque, it is really silky to touch, it has lightly padded cups and a boned bodice, offering great structure, fit and shape. It can be worn with or without straps and is available in ivory, for under your wedding dress, but also black, which you could take on your honeymoon.
The Evie Bridal Basque by Panache, is so pretty and sophisticated, it comes in ivory with delicate lace detailing. It is structured and creates the perfect, flattering silhouette and will enhance any wedding dress you happen to choose. It has multi-way straps for a low backed dress and can be worn strapless. It also has matching suspenders to add that extra special something.
Remember, your wedding day is the biggest day in your life – but you have to prepare and plan to ensure it is also the best!
July 4th, 20110
If you are a friend of Bravissimo on Facebook, you will have noticed that the Bravissimo Super Fans’ event took place in London the other night. Some of our past Super Fans got together and swapped their experiences of Bravissimo and what being a Super Fan meant for them personally. I know we may have mentioned it before (once or twice), but finding the right bra really can change your life and these girls a testament to that.
One fan had her fitting over the phone, at first she wasn’t too confident, however the fitter was knowledgable and helpful and talked her through signs that she should be looking for when trying on a bra. The Bravissimo parcel arrived and as soon as she tried on her new bra, she had her eureka moment.
Some Fans had been so unhappy with their boobs that they had even considered surgery, only to find that the right bra eliminates backache, corrects posture, which in turn improves the figure, knocking a few pounds off and creating a new feeling of self confidence as a consequence. All that from a bra, can’t be bad eh!
Another Super Fan was looking for some lingerie for her wedding but was not keen on the prospect of searching the high street for something supportive but dull, until she stepped into a Bravissimo store and was shown the Hestia Basque and couldn’t believe how sexy it was, whilst still offering great support and lift.
One of our other Super Fans was introduced to Bravissimo by a friend, after she had been complaining that there was nothing out there for bigger boobed ladies apart from granny bras, she literally could not believe her eyes when she actually saw how much choice Bravissimo offered and in so many gorgeous colours and fabulous styles.
We would like to thank our wonderful Super Fans and all our Bravissimo ladies for continuing to support us and being so passionate about our brand. We hope more and more of you will continue to spread the word, so women can get the very best advice in the future. And for anyone reading this that suspects they are wearing the wrong size, remember there is tons of information on our Perfect Fit Guide on the Bravissimo website, or you can pop into one of our stores or telephone us for advice on 01926 459 859.
May 1st, 20110
So there we have it, we have a Queen for our future King and what an amazing day it was. Will and Kate managed to inject enough of their own personalities into an event that could easily have been too formal and stuffy.
From the subtle in-jokes between the pair, the vintage Aston Martin, the tree-lined aisles at Westminster Abbey, it was all so perfect. And that dress, WOW, here at the Bravissimo office, we all got very over-excited about Kate’s dress, it was the year’s best kept secret and the bride and her designer seemed to get it spot on, classic, simple and totally elegant.
Kate also considered her lingerie carefully and was reported to have shopped for items with her mother just two weeks before the big day. As we all know, the correct fitting lingerie is very important under any outfit, most certainly your wedding dress.
So if you are a bride approaching your own nuptials or a guest at an upcoming wedding and you want some gorgeous, but comfortable lingerie that will let you party until the early hours, Bravissimo have the Evie Bridal Basque by Panache, it has multi-way straps for versatility and will create a wonderful smooth silhouette. Alternatively there is the Tiffany Basque by Masquerade in soft satin in the new shade of ivory, the bodice is boned for that enviable hourglass figure and, you can wear with or without straps.
If you are opting for a backless dress or top, then the Miracle Body by Ultimo in natural is the perfect accompaniment, it has a lightly, padded body which gives extra comfort and the straps can be moved to three different points, depending on how much of your back you would like to reveal. And don’t forget if you are going for the ‘little black dress’, The Miracle Body and Tiffany Basque also come in black.
Perfect lingerie to make any Bravissimo girl feel like a Princess, whatever the occasion.
February 22nd, 20110
Balconette bras typically have a higher centre front than other styles such as a tee-shirt bra or plunge shape. They also have cups which have a straight horizontal line across the boobs which create a fuller and more rounded shape. Here are our top ten balconette bras, there’s one for every occasion!
1) The Rhea bra by Masquerade comes in gorgeous iris coloured satin material with lace trim and has a classic balconette shape but is given the glam factor with the use of luxurious fabric.
2) The Lucy bra by Freya again uses a sumptuous satin feel fabric but has a fun print with purple trim making it perfect for everyday wear or save it for those days when you want an extra touch of luxury.
3) Our Alana bra has been a popular choice for our Bravissimo girls as it offers the support you’d expect from a Bravissimo bra as well as fabulous embroidery detailing and now it’s available up to an L cup. With five colours to choose from you really are spoilt for choice!
4) The Starlet bra is another fantastic, not to mention red hot, style from the Bravissimo Spring collection. The style is based on the shape of the Alana bra so you know you’ll be getting a great fit, however the finish to this bra has much more va-va-voom and will be most appreciated on special occasions.
5) Curvy Kate’s Thrill Me bra has most certainly been designed with fun in mind. This bra has a Moulin Rouge feel to it with its red satin fabric, black lace trim and ruffles on the briefs that accompany the set.
6) Our Flirty Frill set on the other hand has a much softer look and feel to it, with a subtle colourway and delicate floral patterning this set will bring a breath of fresh air to any lingerie drawer.
8) We think our Sweetheart bra is as lovely as it sounds. And now that Valentine’s Day has been and gone you can treat yourself to this fabulous set without feeling guilty about it!
9) The Alexa bra by Freya looks light and sheer but provides great support and the fantastic berry shades will add a colour injection to your lingerie collection.
10) And finally we have the Angie Basque by Masquerade. This basque has a fabulous balconette shape plus boning down the bodice to create an enviable silhouette.
You may have noticed that we sneaked two styles into number 7, there are just so many to choose from, even we can’t decide which ones we love the most!
February 7th, 20110
Whether you’re in a relationship or not, Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to indulge in some luxurious lingerie. Here’s our pick of sensational sets to get you in the mood;
1) The Rhea bra by Masquerade is the perfect antidote to the typical red and black themed lingerie that has become popular on Valentine’s Day so you can keep your loved one on their toes with this elegant but sexy set in purple. The soft satin fabric gives a sensual touch whilst the bra’s amazing balconette shape and fantastic support up to a H cup will ensure you feel as good as you look. The extra detailing of lace trim and a heart shaped jewel in the centre of the bra make it a perfect choice for Valentine’s Day.
2) The brand new Sweetheart bra by Bravissimo was designed with love in mind. This stunning white bra with red heart patterning is sexy and feminine we think you’ll want to show it off! Gorgeous lace trim and red bow detailing add to this bra’s attraction, plus the fabulous shape will create a boob boosting effect. Choose from shorts, thong and suspender belt to complete the look.
3) Alternatively you could unleash your wild side with the Cheeky Monkey set from Faubourg. The leopard print fabric and purple trim on this set make it fun and sexy, add suspenders to the thong to create an extra special look.
4) The Starlet bra in scarlet will make you look red hot! This beautiful bra has a half sheer cup with embroidery detailing for a very sexy finish. The same sheer detailing can be found on the matching briefs and thong, wear as a set with matching suspender belt for ultimate effect.
5) Why not try something a little different? The Tiffany Basque by Masquerade in black satin is as sophisticated as it is sexy, wear it underneath a fitted dress or top for a streamlined silhouette or as lingerie with matching briefs and suspender belt to knock his socks off this Valentine’s Day!
October 25th, 20100
If like us you’re feeling a little blue about the approach of winter and don’t like how cold its feeling now never mind how cold it will get later in the season then it could be time to think about a last little get-a-way before the year is over. Whether it’s a night at a plush hotel in the UK, a mini weekend break in Europe or a longer trip somewhere hot, getting away for even a short amount of time can provide the pre-winter boost we need to keep us going. Taking a mini break is also a great way to get some you time or special time with a loved one so make sure you pack some extra special lingerie in your overnight bag!! The Hestia Basque by Masquerade is perfect for such occasions. The silky fabric gives a luxurious feel whilst the clever ribbon detailing conceals hook and eye fastenings at the back. This style also has detachable straps so it can be worn under a slinky top or dress with or without straps to provide a super flattering silhouette and fabulous cleavage. Attach a pair of sexy stockings for extra oomph!
There are some great UK hotels that provide the perfect opportunity for some all important rest and relaxation with amazing spas, indoor pools and plenty of opportunities to de-stress. For a spa weekend in the UK check out these links;
If however, you’re after some sunshine but can’t travel too far then head to Valencia. With temperatures still in the 20s, it’s the perfect place for soaking up some Spanish sunshine. A flight to Valencia takes just under 2hours from London so if you caught an evening flight on a Friday, you could be in Valencia in time to enjoy a tapas dinner and jug of sangria with the locals! Lucky enough to have a little extra time on your hands? Then why not pop down to your local travel agents for last minute bookings and late deals, bring on the winter tan! We all need a relief from day-to-day life and our usual routine so why not book a mini get-away now, just remember to pack your bathing suit and some extra special lingerie to make sure you return feeling refreshed, re-energised and raring to go again!
May 12th, 20100
We ♥ a love story with a twist, so here’s our pick of the top three love stories, or be that, stories about love at the cinema right now. Besides, we’re a little bored of the happy ever after style films, it’s about time there were more ‘real life’ endings to films.
This rom-com starring Steve Carell and Tina Fey, as Phil and Claire
Foster, begins with the couple cheekily stealing a table reservation of a no-show couple at a hot Manhattan restaurant. What they didn’t know however was that the couple who’s table they took are being hunted by a pair if corrupt cops. Cue a case of mistaken identity which results in the Fosters fighting for their lives. With plenty of laughs and a comedy genius coupling of Carell and Fey, this film really is a great watch.
John (played by the gorgeous Channing Tatum) whilst on leave from the Army, meets Savannah (equally gorgeous Amanda Seyfried), a college student. They fall head over heels for each other (obviously) but can their love survive the distance that the Army is putting between them? We think this one could be a real tear jerker, so better pack the tissues ladies for this film!
I Am Love
Tilda Swinton plays the mother and wife to a wealthy Milanese family however a chance meeting sets to disturb Emma’s regimented world and brings with it passion and a journey of sexual awakening. (Italian with English subtitles). Tilda Swinton is amazing in this film, we love her!
November 18th, 20090
… and there becomes a distinct chill in the air, our thoughts turn to winter knitwear, hats, boots, scarves and finding the perfect winter coat. Yet blazoning down the recent Milan catwalk was a sea of sheer fabrics and corsetry. The last thing on our mind as we see our own breath in the morning air is baring all next summer! However, the underwear as outerwear trend seems to be back!
We have a lovely basque for winter and whether you choose to wear it as underwear or outerwear is up to you. Either way, we hope you’ll feel great and fully supported!
Panache’s porcelain brief body with tummy control will also help to slim the figure and give you an extra confidence boost, love it!
Other trends to look out for…
As you may have noticed sequins are back, but beware there are rules when wearing sequins in order to keep it chic and sexy and avoid looking like a 5 year old that has covered themselves in glue and rolled around in glitter. When donning sequins, limiting them to one garment/one area is best practice, leave the all over sparkly mini dress, matching bag and shoes to the teenagers. A small sequinned clutch will jazz up an old outfit, sequinned tops look great paired with simple well fitting jeans and help to balance the glam factor. And the last rule, keep jewellery to a minimum, a sparkly top is enough with out adding more shiny things!
And for bigger boobed ladies, if you want to draw attention away from your boobs, avoid long round necklaces as they will make you look even bigger – opt for statement necklaces that sit on your collarbone instead.