Posts Tagged ‘bikini’
March 25th, 20110
Swimwear got sassy this season with more great styles, fab new prints and plenty of choice to suit any taste, we can’t wait to hit the beach! Our gorgeous retro inspired polka dot bikini will turn heads on the beach or by the pool this summer. The Ibiza bikini by Fantasie screams summer holiday fun, the balconette shape will keep you supported whilst frolicking in the sea, sunbathing or sipping chilled margaritas. Complete the retro look with matching fold over briefs or go for tie side briefs and choose the amount of coverage you prefer.
We think you’ll be hula-ing down the beach in the Pink Hibiscus bikini by Free. This stunning halterneck bikini top has ruched sides so you can adjust the fullness of the cups. Wear with tie side briefs to bring out the hip shaking hula goddess in you! (This print is also available in a tankini style). Miss Mandalay brings a spot of sailor chic to the beach with the Harbour Bikini. This fabulous nautical inspired bikini creates a boob uplifting effect with its chevron stripes whilst the plunge shape turns an optical effect into a real boob boosting effect.
The Azure Tankini by Pour Moi is the perfect alternative to a bikini. The tankini top has cups that are similar in shape to a bikini style top but has extra coverage for those who prefer to leave a little more to the imagination. This style looks great worn with tie side briefs that match the top’s tie detail centre and the striking ocean blue colour is bang on trend for the season. Love the colour? This style is also available in a bikini version.
If you prefer to wear a swimsuit then we’d recommend the Isla Swimsuit by lepel. This colourful swimsuit provides great coverage without compromising on style. The bandeau style and keyhole front create a glamorous look. Wear with or without the halterneck strap for a fun, glam and sexy swimsuit perfect for the pool, beach or simply basking in the sunshine.
To see our full collection of swimwear click here.
February 15th, 20110
Whether you’ve planned your summer holiday yet or not this year you’ll be counting down the days until your jollies with our gorgeous new range of swimwear. If you’re a bikini, tankini or swimsuit girl, we have something for everyone.
Unleash your wild side with the Safari Halter Bikini by Pureda. The lightly padded cups give fantastic cleavage and great support, plus the added benefit of the fabric adjusters on the straps means that you control how much coverage you have. Choose from classic briefs or fold over briefs with contrasting black fabric to complete the look.
The circus range by Freya comes with more options than you can shake a lion tamer’s stick at! The Circus print is a fun patchwork inspired print that is bold, colourful and will get you noticed for all the right reasons. There is a choice of a bra style top with underwiring or a soft cup triangle top. For the bottom half choose from classic styled briefs in complementing blue polka dot or printed briefs with blue polka dot fold over detailing.
If you prefer a little more coverage however, you could try a tankini as they provide more cover but are also more fun and less awkward on the beach than a full swimsuit. The Loren tankini by Panache in bold, bright and on trend blue is just what the doctor ordered. The underwires in the tankini top will give you great support whilst the extra fabric covers the tummy for those who prefer to keep this area under wraps. Go for the ruched briefs which have a plain blue front to break up the print or tie side briefs which allow you to adjust coverage. This range is also available in a bikini so you can mix and match tops and bottoms to your heart’s content.
We also have a range of fabulous swimsuits from the classy black and white lines of the Taylor swimsuit with its clever slimming panel design to the luxurious paisley print of the Kashmir swimsuit. The new Anna swimsuit by Panache is simple yet effective; the plain black design will look just as good at the pool as it will on the beach. With an underwire fit, clasp back fastening and adjustable straps you’re guaranteed a great fitting and comfortable swimsuit to wear whenever and wherever, although we reckon a beach in the Bahamas would probably be our first choice!
November 3rd, 20100
Whether you’re planning a last minute getaway, a cheeky spa break or simply need a new swimsuit for the pool, we think you should check out our fab new range of swimwear. Plus, unlike many high street stores we sell our tops and bottoms separately so you get the best possible fit and we stock swimwear all year round making it easier for you to find what you want, when you want!
Take Bo-ho glamour to another level with the fabulous, figure enhancing Kashmir swimsuit by Faubourg. The exotic print with contrasting blues and pinks sure make this swimsuit extra special and that doesn’t get you noticed the boob boosting properties of the halterneck tie and underwire cups most definitely will! Unleash your wild side with the Salvador snake skin bikini by Pureda. The hints of lime and turquoise give this bikini a fun twist whilst the clever fabric adjusters allow you to alter the fullness of the cups. If you prefer to cover up on the beach or at the pool, then we’d recommend trying a tankini. Tankinis combine a longer top and either brief or short bottoms, they are an ideal solution for those who are body conscious and like to keep their tummy covered. The Sun Seeker bikini and tankini allows you to mix and match between a bikini or tankini top and shorts or briefs bottoms so that you can get a set that you feel most comfortable in. The Acapulco swimsuit by Ballet hits the 50s vibe with its gorgeous jade green polka dot print and waist detail shape. This swimsuit also has built in secret support to shape the tummy, bum and bust. With adjustable straps and ties to alter the leg length we think this might just be the most versatile swimsuit we’ve ever had! Wear pool side or on the beach with big sunglasses and an even bigger hat to work the 50s glamour puss look to the max.
See here view our full swimwear range here.
July 10th, 20100
Have some fun on the beach this summer with our funky floral bikinis, in an array of different styles and shapes we’re sure you’ll find the perfect fit! The India bikini in white with shimmering silver details that catch the sun will look great with a tan and add a little glamour to your beach wear. The ruched sides make this a very clever bikini too as it allows you to adjust the fullness of the cups, plus choose from tie side or ruched briefs according to your preference.
The contrasting colours of the Flirty Floral bikini are sure to get you noticed, that’s if the boob boosting effect of this gorgeous bikini/tankini set doesn’t! Tankinis are a great alternative for those of you that like to feel more covered up on the beach and are conscious of the tummy area. However, this style is grown up and will give you just as much of a boob boost as the bikini version! If you like the sound of that then you might also like the Fabulous Fuschia bikini/tankini too! This particular style goes up to a K cup so no matter what your size, you can feel supported and uplifted in this hot pink set! For the ultimate in bo-ho chic this summer why not try the Paisley bikini, this gorgeous print is soft and feminine but ensures great support all day long. With double string, ruffle and low centre front detailing this bikini has more than enough features to get you noticed. The soft colours and subtle print also suits most skin tones. Cover up with our Halterneck Beach Dress and add some bohemian inspired jewellery to take this bikini from beach to pool side lunch or drinks in no time!
You can’t beat a great fitting, boob boosting bikini for ultimate pool side confidence!
July 7th, 20100
Swimwear has become fashionable and is now as important as your summer wardrobe! We love classic spots, stripes and checks for beach time fun and we’re just going dotty for this 50’s inspired polka dot bikini. The Soprano bikini in classic black and white is fun, funky and fashionable, just what we want for our summer holiday. The tie detailing gives this bikini a feminine touch so you’ll feel confident and fully supported on the beach. Sticking with the dot theme is the Cocopalm bikini with a choice of deep briefs or tie side briefs. This bikini has light padding for extra oomph and the warm shades of purple and orange will look sensational with your holiday tan. Going on holiday is all about getting away from it all, the stress of everyday life and your normal routine, but we know that you also like to look your best when hitting the beach. The striped Miami bikini has a choice of alterneck or triangle style top so that you can choose the right style that you feel most comfortable in. Either way, this bikini is colourful, cheerful and cleavage boosting! The fold brief option gives you the choice to cover up a little more too, this style of brief sits higher on the hips for those of you that like to feel more covered. Bring out your flirty side in our Gingham bikini, this gorgeous bikini is pretty, feminine and a little bit cheeky. The lightly padded cups ensure a boob boost whilst the ruffle details add a fun girlie feel. Choose from high waist deep briefs that give this bikini a 50’s scarlet look or the low rise briefs with ruffled hem for a more modern look.
Well, you didn’t want boring swimwear did you?!
July 4th, 20100
Layering an outfit in summer is very different to layering in winter, in winter we layer to keep warm (and fashionable) in summer however layering should be kept soft, subtle and feminine. Many of this season’s trends lend themselves to the layered look; tribal with its clashing prints and bold colours, boho with its floral layers and contrasting denim pieces and the romantic trend with its palette full of nudes.
The layered look generally works best concentrating on the top half, although we are fans of wearing leggings/treggings/jeggings etc with dresses and tunics. Bless the fashion gods for leggings and for making skirts, dresses and shorter styles more accessible to those of us who are conscious of baring our legs and fed up of wearing tights all year round!
How to work the layered look;
- Chiffon layers give a transparent effect, which can add an extra dimension to your outfit. Chiffon floral prints are great for cool summer dressing and nudes can be built up in layers of contrasting fabrics to create the romantic look.
- Prints should be combined with care, clashing prints are very now, but there is good clashing and bad clashing, so make sure your layered prints fall into the former by having a theme such as floral. Contrasting floral prints look great when they co-ordinate in either size or colour. For example, wearing the same size print and contrasting colour is good, as is same colour theme and different sized prints. But make things too complicated and the look becomes hotchpotch!
- Layering your lengths can also add interest to your outfit. Long tops worn over short shorts, long sleeve tops worn under sleeveless cardigans and waist coats over maxi dresses are all examples of how you can build up an outfit using different pieces in your existing wardrobe. Try our pebble ¾ sleeve jacket over a jersey maxi to add a smart utility edge to an otherwise simple dress or our knitted tie shrug which makes layering effortless, just throw on over your shoulders and tie the front, easy peasy!
July 2nd, 20100
Well, not literally but this bra is divine enough for us to thank god for beautiful lingerie. The Heaven Sent Bra from Faubourg is exclusive to Bravissimo and is sure to brighten up your summer. This style has so many sassy detailings we don’t know where to begin, so let’s start with the choice of two colours; aqua and coral. This set cleverly combines polka dots, embroidery and plenty of bows for a very appealing outcome. Choose from a thong or shorts with detachable stocking straps for those special nights or when you just want to feel extra sexy! Don’t be fooled however by the delicate nature of this bra as it gives just as much support as our other styles and will ensure your boobs look as good as they feel!
If you’re a fan of our Georgiana Bra then we think you will love the new colour way ‘peaches/cream’. Its balconette shape and light padding provides a boob boost whilst the satin fabric feels soft and luxurious against the skin. This style is a great partner for nude dressing this summer and might even persuade you to try the sheer trend as this bra is just too good to keep to yourself!
There are loads more new styles and new colours to choose from in our high summer collection. Why not take a peek at the Summer Bra by Freya, its bright floral print is sure to get you in the mood for summer. Embrace the sunshine with the Alex Bra by Cleo, in vibrant yellow and floral embroidery details, this bra is a little piece of sunshine for your lingerie drawer. We also have the Camouflage Candy Bra in hot coral or steel/pink, one things for sure, there’ll be no where to hide in this gorgeous boob boosting style. As well as new styles we have introduced new colour ways in some of your favourite styles. Are you a fan of the Deco Bra? Then why not try it in pomegranate, same great shape, hot new colour!
June 30th, 20100
Stress is a word that we use and hear on a day to day basis, we’re stressed at work, stressed at home, stressed about money or bills and never seem to have the time to do everything we need to do. Stress is something that can build up over time without us even noticing, but it’s important to acknowledge when stress levels are getting too much and to do something about it.
It’s important during our busy schedules and hectic lifestyles to get enough ‘me time’ and we’re definitely fans of that here at Bravissimo. Spending quality time with yourself can help you to relax and refocus on the important things. We can sometimes get distracted by trying too hard to please others, partners, children, our boss often take priority over ourselves and our own needs. So how can you de-stress and get more ‘me time’?
- Set aside an hour a week to do something you enjoy doing, undisturbed and without company. This could be a long soak in a hot bath (with a glass of wine maybe), an hour in the gym or running exercise is great for relieving feel good endorphins, an hour spent watching your favourite TV or reading etc. This time spent alone will help you to relax and ease some of the tension that can rub off from others around you who are just as stressed!
- Write an action plan, when we have so many things we need to do swirling around in our heads, it makes it difficult to focus and prioritise. Creating lists and putting things into an order of importance will help you to stay organised and stop you from forgetting important things, just remember to take said list with you!
- If you’d rather be in company than out of it then get your friends together for a catch up and good old gossip to get things off your chest. It’s one great thing about being a woman, we tend to share our problems and get through them with a little help from our friends, whereas men are more likely to try to deal with them alone and there’s nothing quite like a gossip session to make you feel human again. You never know, your friends might be having similar problems causing them stress, as they say a problem shared is a problem halved!
- Turn your phone off. Now this one does sound drastic and isn’t always possible if you have dependents and are worried about emergencies occurring the one and only time you turn your phone off. In this case, try putting it on silent whilst you bask in your own personal time. We probably couldn’t imagine a life without our mobile phone, but it wasn’t that long ago that no one had a mobile phone and the world worked fine, sometimes we’re so concerned about missing something that we don’t appreciate the simple things in life i.e. an evening off without calls from friends, children or e-mails from the boss, pure bliss!
June 29th, 20100
Our high summer collection has arrived and we just had to tell you about these fantastic new dresses, there’s one for every occasion! Here are some of our best day time dresses…
Graphic Print Shift Dress hits the print trend without being over the top. The retro feel of this dress gives it a high place in the fashion stakes and the cut fits and flatters in all the right places! To crank up the 70s vibe of this dress, wear with red, orange and brown accessories.
Like a walk on the wild side? Our Tailored Safari Dress will keep you cool in the office, but throw on the accessories at 5pm to take this dress into the evening. The neutral tone of this dress works best with natural/earthy tones, it comes with the plaited belt to define the waist so just add a couple of bangles and some statement earrings and you’re ready for a wild night. Whether you’re hunting clothes, men or simply a place to go for dinner with the girls, this dress will definitely get you in the mood!
If you’re looking for a casual dress that is easy to wear and accessorise than why not try the Ruffle Front Dress. This particular style has a sporty feel to it with its cute collar and button down neckline. The hot pink detailing adds a spark of colour, whilst the ruffle front and gathers around the bust will ensure there is plenty of room for your boobs.
Hit the colour trend with our Cotton Pleat Summer Dress. This gorgeous sundress will ensure you keep cool, whilst looking hot on summer days. The A-line shape of this dress gives a flattering silhouette and the thicker straps mean no flashing bra straps to detract from the beautiful bright colour.
May 7th, 20100
She was one of the style icons of the 50’s, a successful actress who went on to be a Princess, the stuff of dreams (or of a Hollywood script). But Grace Kelly remained grounded despite her fame and will be remembered as one of the darlings of the 1950’s. Her impeccable dress sense will long be admired by women everywhere and as we consistently revisit the 50’s for style inspiration we know we can rely on Kelly to remind us how to dress with style.
How to get the Grace Kelly look;
- Keep things understated with not a drop of bling in sight, this look is classy not flashy.
- Embrace your curves with hour glass silhouettes and high waist skirts and trousers. The classic A-line shape will also help to balance a top heavy figure. Get the look with our classic floral dress, spot print dress or striped cotton dress, perfect for summer parties.
- Cropped trousers and chinos are making a come back, wear yours the Grace way with an oversized shirt tucked in and a pair of espadrilles for easy summer days.
- Be careful with your colour choices and when wearing a bold colour ensure it’s the centre piece and not a mismatch of other colours and prints. This 50’s icon would probably stay well away from this season’s graphic print dresses but might wear the trend as a silk scarf instead for a more subtle adaptation of the trend.
- And finally, a pair of great sunglasses for ultimate Hollywood Glamour, just add a smattering of red lipstick and you’re good to go!
Grace Kelly’s classic looks and amazing wardrobe are now being celebrated in an exhibition at the V&A museum London. The exhibition is on now until the 26th September go to www.vam.ac.uk for more details.