Posts Tagged ‘bikini’
July 4th, 20100
Layering an outfit in summer is very different to layering in winter, in winter we layer to keep warm (and fashionable) in summer however layering should be kept soft, subtle and feminine. Many of this season’s trends lend themselves to the layered look; tribal with its clashing prints and bold colours, boho with its floral layers and contrasting denim pieces and the romantic trend with its palette full of nudes.
The layered look generally works best concentrating on the top half, although we are fans of wearing leggings/treggings/jeggings etc with dresses and tunics. Bless the fashion gods for leggings and for making skirts, dresses and shorter styles more accessible to those of us who are conscious of baring our legs and fed up of wearing tights all year round!
How to work the layered look;
- Chiffon layers give a transparent effect, which can add an extra dimension to your outfit. Chiffon floral prints are great for cool summer dressing and nudes can be built up in layers of contrasting fabrics to create the romantic look.
- Prints should be combined with care, clashing prints are very now, but there is good clashing and bad clashing, so make sure your layered prints fall into the former by having a theme such as floral. Contrasting floral prints look great when they co-ordinate in either size or colour. For example, wearing the same size print and contrasting colour is good, as is same colour theme and different sized prints. But make things too complicated and the look becomes hotchpotch!
- Layering your lengths can also add interest to your outfit. Long tops worn over short shorts, long sleeve tops worn under sleeveless cardigans and waist coats over maxi dresses are all examples of how you can build up an outfit using different pieces in your existing wardrobe. Try our pebble ¾ sleeve jacket over a jersey maxi to add a smart utility edge to an otherwise simple dress or our knitted tie shrug which makes layering effortless, just throw on over your shoulders and tie the front, easy peasy!
July 2nd, 20100
Well, not literally but this bra is divine enough for us to thank god for beautiful lingerie. The Heaven Sent Bra from Faubourg is exclusive to Bravissimo and is sure to brighten up your summer. This style has so many sassy detailings we don’t know where to begin, so let’s start with the choice of two colours; aqua and coral. This set cleverly combines polka dots, embroidery and plenty of bows for a very appealing outcome. Choose from a thong or shorts with detachable stocking straps for those special nights or when you just want to feel extra sexy! Don’t be fooled however by the delicate nature of this bra as it gives just as much support as our other styles and will ensure your boobs look as good as they feel!
If you’re a fan of our Georgiana Bra then we think you will love the new colour way ‘peaches/cream’. Its balconette shape and light padding provides a boob boost whilst the satin fabric feels soft and luxurious against the skin. This style is a great partner for nude dressing this summer and might even persuade you to try the sheer trend as this bra is just too good to keep to yourself!
There are loads more new styles and new colours to choose from in our high summer collection. Why not take a peek at the Summer Bra by Freya, its bright floral print is sure to get you in the mood for summer. Embrace the sunshine with the Alex Bra by Cleo, in vibrant yellow and floral embroidery details, this bra is a little piece of sunshine for your lingerie drawer. We also have the Camouflage Candy Bra in hot coral or steel/pink, one things for sure, there’ll be no where to hide in this gorgeous boob boosting style. As well as new styles we have introduced new colour ways in some of your favourite styles. Are you a fan of the Deco Bra? Then why not try it in pomegranate, same great shape, hot new colour!
June 30th, 20100
Stress is a word that we use and hear on a day to day basis, we’re stressed at work, stressed at home, stressed about money or bills and never seem to have the time to do everything we need to do. Stress is something that can build up over time without us even noticing, but it’s important to acknowledge when stress levels are getting too much and to do something about it.
It’s important during our busy schedules and hectic lifestyles to get enough ‘me time’ and we’re definitely fans of that here at Bravissimo. Spending quality time with yourself can help you to relax and refocus on the important things. We can sometimes get distracted by trying too hard to please others, partners, children, our boss often take priority over ourselves and our own needs. So how can you de-stress and get more ‘me time’?
- Set aside an hour a week to do something you enjoy doing, undisturbed and without company. This could be a long soak in a hot bath (with a glass of wine maybe), an hour in the gym or running exercise is great for relieving feel good endorphins, an hour spent watching your favourite TV or reading etc. This time spent alone will help you to relax and ease some of the tension that can rub off from others around you who are just as stressed!
- Write an action plan, when we have so many things we need to do swirling around in our heads, it makes it difficult to focus and prioritise. Creating lists and putting things into an order of importance will help you to stay organised and stop you from forgetting important things, just remember to take said list with you!
- If you’d rather be in company than out of it then get your friends together for a catch up and good old gossip to get things off your chest. It’s one great thing about being a woman, we tend to share our problems and get through them with a little help from our friends, whereas men are more likely to try to deal with them alone and there’s nothing quite like a gossip session to make you feel human again. You never know, your friends might be having similar problems causing them stress, as they say a problem shared is a problem halved!
- Turn your phone off. Now this one does sound drastic and isn’t always possible if you have dependents and are worried about emergencies occurring the one and only time you turn your phone off. In this case, try putting it on silent whilst you bask in your own personal time. We probably couldn’t imagine a life without our mobile phone, but it wasn’t that long ago that no one had a mobile phone and the world worked fine, sometimes we’re so concerned about missing something that we don’t appreciate the simple things in life i.e. an evening off without calls from friends, children or e-mails from the boss, pure bliss!
June 29th, 20100
Our high summer collection has arrived and we just had to tell you about these fantastic new dresses, there’s one for every occasion! Here are some of our best day time dresses…
Graphic Print Shift Dress hits the print trend without being over the top. The retro feel of this dress gives it a high place in the fashion stakes and the cut fits and flatters in all the right places! To crank up the 70s vibe of this dress, wear with red, orange and brown accessories.
Like a walk on the wild side? Our Tailored Safari Dress will keep you cool in the office, but throw on the accessories at 5pm to take this dress into the evening. The neutral tone of this dress works best with natural/earthy tones, it comes with the plaited belt to define the waist so just add a couple of bangles and some statement earrings and you’re ready for a wild night. Whether you’re hunting clothes, men or simply a place to go for dinner with the girls, this dress will definitely get you in the mood!
If you’re looking for a casual dress that is easy to wear and accessorise than why not try the Ruffle Front Dress. This particular style has a sporty feel to it with its cute collar and button down neckline. The hot pink detailing adds a spark of colour, whilst the ruffle front and gathers around the bust will ensure there is plenty of room for your boobs.
Hit the colour trend with our Cotton Pleat Summer Dress. This gorgeous sundress will ensure you keep cool, whilst looking hot on summer days. The A-line shape of this dress gives a flattering silhouette and the thicker straps mean no flashing bra straps to detract from the beautiful bright colour.
May 7th, 20100
She was one of the style icons of the 50’s, a successful actress who went on to be a Princess, the stuff of dreams (or of a Hollywood script). But Grace Kelly remained grounded despite her fame and will be remembered as one of the darlings of the 1950’s. Her impeccable dress sense will long be admired by women everywhere and as we consistently revisit the 50’s for style inspiration we know we can rely on Kelly to remind us how to dress with style.
How to get the Grace Kelly look;
- Keep things understated with not a drop of bling in sight, this look is classy not flashy.
- Embrace your curves with hour glass silhouettes and high waist skirts and trousers. The classic A-line shape will also help to balance a top heavy figure. Get the look with our classic floral dress, spot print dress or striped cotton dress, perfect for summer parties.
- Cropped trousers and chinos are making a come back, wear yours the Grace way with an oversized shirt tucked in and a pair of espadrilles for easy summer days.
- Be careful with your colour choices and when wearing a bold colour ensure it’s the centre piece and not a mismatch of other colours and prints. This 50’s icon would probably stay well away from this season’s graphic print dresses but might wear the trend as a silk scarf instead for a more subtle adaptation of the trend.
- And finally, a pair of great sunglasses for ultimate Hollywood Glamour, just add a smattering of red lipstick and you’re good to go!
Grace Kelly’s classic looks and amazing wardrobe are now being celebrated in an exhibition at the V&A museum London. The exhibition is on now until the 26th September go to www.vam.ac.uk for more details.
May 6th, 20100
We women should think ourselves lucky that we have so much choice when it comes to fashion. Because lets face it, men’s fashion isn’t anywhere near as exciting. Men usually turn to their friends, girlfriends or worse still their mums for fashion advice. This is why we appear to have an epidemic of men wearing checked shirts. It will have started with a man admiring his friend’s shirt, so he got one himself, which another man liked, so bought one and so on and so on. An now all we see at the weekends is a sea of check, honestly a little individualism goes a long way (fellas take note). On the other hand, the metrosexual male is different. This man enjoys fashion, likes to wear things his own way and isn’t afraid of the odd grooming product/razor blade every once in a while. Men’s fashion is no longer a boring and simple choice between which jeans to wear with which tee-shirt or which suit/shirt/tie combo to wear today. Men now have the choice of skinny jeans, slim fit suits and cardigans, not to mention the wider acceptance of men’s accessories, we no longer flinch when we see a man carrying a ‘man bag’, nor do we squirm if we see a guy wearing jewellery or sporting an interesting hat. This is partly thanks to a number of celebrities leading the way for fashion forward men everywhere;
- Justin Timberlake
- Kanye West
- Jude Law
- David Beckham
And if our men are trying to imitate these gorgeous guys then we’re not complaining! So ladies, celebrate being both the fairer sex and the sex that gets the best choice of fashion too! Oh, and next time you’re out of an evening, count the number of men you see in a checked shirt, you’ll be surprised!
May 4th, 20100
Now that we’ve packed up our winter boots, we need some practical, yet fashionable footwear to see us through spring. We’re not quite ready for full on sandals yet so instead, we’ll be wearing pumps. Flat, funky and very fashionable flats that are as important style wise as the rest of our outfit. Right now we’re loving;
Fun flats in bright colours to uplift our outfit. Embellished pumps are also big news this season as well as metallic and floral prints to add interest to your footwear. Also try a peep-toe pump for the in between season shoe solution, not quite a sandal not quite a pump (a sump? A pundal? I think we’ll stick with ‘peep toe flats’). Go for the tribal theme with a pair of animal print flats, wear with khaki tailored trousers and tribal print top to complete the look.
Brogues. Probably the coolest and most comfortable shoe of the season, the classic brogue style has been reinvented this spring, much to our delight. They provide a smarter alternative to a pump and give a sophisticated but quirky edge to an outfit. Wear yours with a floaty floral dress and denim jacket for one of the hottest looks this season.
Low wedges, they’re more comfortable and less dangerous than their sky high counter parts. The more practical version of the wedge, than sessions gone by, give just enough of a height boost to wear with our summer dresses and skirts but won’t leave us scared stiff of wobbling over on an uneven surface.
Dressed up flats. Shoes we can wear all night long and not feel like the balls of our feet have turned into bricks half way through the night! A fancy pair of flats can look just as good if not better than heels on a night out. So why not give your feet a break and put on a pair of flats on your next night out.
May 3rd, 20100
We love handbags, they look great, we can have different bags to suit our changing outfits as well as our changing moods and we keep EVERYTHING in them. Including some, all, or more of the following;
- mobile phones
- hand cream/hairspray/other beauty products we cant live without
- lip balm
- hair bobbles
- cereal bars/sweets
- MP3 player
- loose change
- chewing gum
- pack of tissue
The list goes on. Forever. But heavens knows, if we were ever to be whisked off our feet by a gorgeous man or (more likely) end up stranded somewhere due to poor transport/volcanic ash, we know that we have enough things in our handbag to keep us entertained and looking beautiful for ooh at least a couple of days!! So there you have it the reason women love handbags, they’re practical AND fashionable which is a combination that doesn’t happen very often! Saying that, even the most organised of women can have the most disorganised handbag. You might know such a know woman, she has an immaculately tidy house, a perfectly mowed front lawn and always looks great herself, but take a look in her handbag and you’ll find chaos, the true reflection of what’s happening inside a woman’s mind! Even if she does carry all of her things around in a designer ‘IT’ bag!
May 1st, 20100
If you’re not quite ready to bare all this season and the idea of having bare legs fills you with dread, then a maxi dress or skirt could be the perfect solution to your summer wardrobe dilemma. Maxis are great as they keep you covered up but allow you to stay cool on a hot day. They’re also great for those of us that don’t like to show too much skin in summer but still like to keep on trend. Maxi skirts are also a key look this season and will carry over to your winter wardrobe too as long hem lines are set to be a trend that is here to stay!
Jersey maxi dresses are simple and comfortable but we like a maxi dress with a print, like our maxi beach dress. The subtle shell print has just enough detail without being too bold and the cotton fabric is sure to keep you cool. With a cross over back, lace and bow detailing this dress is feminine without being too girlie. The full support and extra room to accommodate your boobs will ensure this dress is as comfortable to wear as it is enjoyable to wear and is just as good in the city as it is on the beach. Wear this dress with simple sandals and a denim waist coat at home or over a bikini on holiday. If you think you might try a maxi skirt then make it a simple one. Long skirts that are too fussy and have a lot of fabric to them won’t do anything for boobier girls. Instead opt for a simple print, worn with a plain top or colour block your whole outfit to keep it stylish.
April 21st, 20100
Polka dot is a fun print that will instantly lift your mood and put a smile on your face. Prints are huge news this season and dots are one of THE classic prints that have stood the test of time. Generally speaking small polka dots work best when worn on large surface areas such as jackets and dresses whereas big polka dots have most impact when worn on garments with a smaller surface area such as a polka dot top, bra or if you’re being nostalgic and it’s in yellow, bikini. However, this will depend on the garment and what kind of impact you want to have! Polka dot is definitely a fun trend and therefore works well in bold and bright colours as this reflects the fun nature of the print. Be careful when wearing red polka dot however, as depending on the garment and the size of the dots you could end up resembling Mini Mouse and that’s not a good look (unless you work at Disney Land!).
If you go dotty for polka dots then take a look at our spotty bras, swimwear and clothing. The French Fancy bra by Gossard gives the impression of dots from afar but get up close and you’ll see that the ‘dots’ are made up of tiny star shapes. In gorgeous purple and fuchsia, this bra is an instant mood booster. Booked your summer holiday? Invest in some supportive swimwear to keep you looking and feeling great on the beach. Our California Plunge bikini in vibrant yellow spot is lightly padded bikini and will keep your boobs up lifted on the beach and in the pool. And you can select what size bottoms you want too so that you get the perfect fit all round! If however, you prefer to have less on show on the beach, you could go for the I Love Dots swimsuit. It’s just as supportive as our bikini style tops but has that little bit extra to keep you covered up and feeling confident. Polka dots can work just as well dressed up as they do dressed down. Check out this super smart Animal Spot Shift dress for your formal parties this summer. We also have a purple spot print dress that has an A-line shape that will balance out a top heavy figure. This dress is great for weddings, garden parties and summery days, fingers crossed we get the gorgeous weather to match these gorgeous dresses!