Posts Tagged ‘bras’
June 5th, 20110
We are all familar with Bravissimo’s wide variety of colours to choose from when buying lingerie. And pretty embroided florals have been used since Victorian times on underwear. Bravissimo have some beautiful lingerie sets in this season’s ditsy floral prints, but what about other prints? There is no reason why you shouldn’t experiment a bit when it comes to what you wear under your clothes and Bravissimo have some very funky prints in the range. It used to be that printed textiles were only reserved for bikinis and swimsuits, now the trend has well and truly being bucked, and there is no stopping us when it comes to lingerie design.
The really great thing about printed bras is that if you are out and about this summer, like at a picnic with the girls or at an impromptu music festival, you can whip your top off and be out and proud of your fabulous boobs, and you will not look out of place – on the contrary you will definately turn a few heads. So pop into one of our shops over the weekend or look online and check out our great range of prints. Here’s a couple to get you started.
New from Bravissimo is the utterly delicious Sherbet Stripe Bra in candy stripes of pink and yellow with contrast pink lace and yellow bows. It’s an underwired balconette, with fullly ajustable shoulder straps. Available in sizes HH to K, it has additional lining for extra support.
Or for a bra that gives fantastic cleavage, take a look at the Karina Bra from Cleo. A Bravissimo exclusive, it’s a plunge bra which is underwired and lightly padded. The fun star print comes in Aqua/Lemon and Melon.
June 1st, 20110
If you are one of our Bravissimo ladies that will be heading down the gym, it is essential that you invest in a good, supportive, sports bra. We know the problems associated with wearing an unsupportive bra in our day to day life, but did you know that during exercise, your bigger boobs can bounce up to 14cm in a unsupported bra? As well as this being highly embarrassing for you – in front of your fellow gym goers – it’s also bad for your health. Exercising in the wrong bra can also cause breast pain and can result in permanent sagging. In short, finding the right sports bra can transform your workout, and turn you from a gym hater to a gym bunny.
Bravissimo have some great options, for a bra best suited to high intensity sports, with fantastic support, shape and no wire, try the D+ Max Sports Bra by Shock Absorber. Or for an underwire bra, choose the Active Underwired bra by Freya, this is a full cup with flexible underwiring, it is really supportive, comfortable and separates the boobs nicely creating a great shape. Its available in lots of colous, black,white, red, nude and graphite and lime which will be back in stock very soon.
So now you are all set, you will have to come up with another excuse to why you can’t hit the gym!
May 27th, 20110
One of the highlights is the Irish Sky Garden by Diarmuid Gavin, known for his inventive and unusual garden design, and his latest creation doesn’t disappoint. His garden in the sky overlooks reflective pools and at its highest point, you can see the whole of Chelsea and beyond, taking in the river and Battersea Power Station. Some of the gold awards were handed out to The B&Q Garden, A Postcard from Wales, Hae-woo-so (Emptying One’s Mind), The Daily Telegraph Garden and The HESCO Garden by Leeds City Council. To see more visit http://www.rhs.org.uk/
If you have missed Chelsea there are plenty more amazing gardens to see. On the 5-10th of July, It’s the largest flower show in the world at Hampton Court Palace. And on the 20–24 July in Knutsford, Cheshire, The RHS Flower Show, Tatton Park takes place.
If all this flowery and fragrant talk has inspired you, why not say it with flowers and browse some of Bravissimo’s pretty floral lingerie. The Fern Bra by Panache is very feminine, with its small print and contrast lace and fuller cup. Or there is the Fairytale Bra by Faubourg, an absolutely beautiful bra with coloured floral embroidery on cream, the matching shorts and thong feature a really cute skirted detail.
May 24th, 20110
Firstly when you are expecting, it is a good idea to wear a bra without an underwire we can recommend the Charlotte Soft Cup Bra by Royce, it has a soft full cup and can be worn during your pregnancy (and after) and gives a really flattering shape. After your baby is born and if you are breastfeeding, there is the lovely Sadie Nursing Bra by Royce, this is a really comfortable bra that will keep you cool when your hormones are making you hot and bothered, as it has thermo regulating properties, it comes in pink & silver, black & silver and ivory & silver. The last bra definitely worth a mention, is the gorgeous Sophie Nursing Bra by Panache, this is a very pretty nursing bra, made in a soft jersey fabric covered with lace. It has detachable straps for breastfeeding and comes in four colours; candy pink, fuchsia & peach, black and Ivory & Peach.
Every mum-to-be and new mum should be able to enjoy every moment, and a comfortable bra is a great place to start!
May 18th, 20110
A few years ago B.B. (Before Bravissimo), sets used to be reserved for your wedding day or a romantic night, now thankfully, times has moved on and lingerie has too and we don’t need an excuse to wear a matching set.
So if you want to feel sexy, special but still supported, take a look at the Parisian Plume Bra, new from Bravissimo. This set puts the “Ooh” into the “Ooh-La-La”, the bra is a half-cup, but still offers plenty of support, it is lightly padded, creating a lovely rounded shape and it is very comfortable. You have the option of the matching shorts or thong, or why not get both?
The Broderie Bra by Bravissimo is a beautiful bra; it is balconette in style, with a lower centre, so can be worn with lower cut tops. For the pretty option, it comes in cornflower blue, but if you want to do sassy, it comes in black and more colours are available. It is utterly gorgeous with its threaded organza ribbon and again we haven’t compromised on comfort or support when designing this bra. Wear with the super cute and comfy matching shorts and it is a great match.
We hope you like our selection and we will keep you posted on many more great pairings in the future.
February 22nd, 20110
Balconette bras typically have a higher centre front than other styles such as a tee-shirt bra or plunge shape. They also have cups which have a straight horizontal line across the boobs which create a fuller and more rounded shape. Here are our top ten balconette bras, there’s one for every occasion!
1) The Rhea bra by Masquerade comes in gorgeous iris coloured satin material with lace trim and has a classic balconette shape but is given the glam factor with the use of luxurious fabric.
2) The Lucy bra by Freya again uses a sumptuous satin feel fabric but has a fun print with purple trim making it perfect for everyday wear or save it for those days when you want an extra touch of luxury.
3) Our Alana bra has been a popular choice for our Bravissimo girls as it offers the support you’d expect from a Bravissimo bra as well as fabulous embroidery detailing and now it’s available up to an L cup. With five colours to choose from you really are spoilt for choice!
4) The Starlet bra is another fantastic, not to mention red hot, style from the Bravissimo Spring collection. The style is based on the shape of the Alana bra so you know you’ll be getting a great fit, however the finish to this bra has much more va-va-voom and will be most appreciated on special occasions.
5) Curvy Kate’s Thrill Me bra has most certainly been designed with fun in mind. This bra has a Moulin Rouge feel to it with its red satin fabric, black lace trim and ruffles on the briefs that accompany the set.
6) Our Flirty Frill set on the other hand has a much softer look and feel to it, with a subtle colourway and delicate floral patterning this set will bring a breath of fresh air to any lingerie drawer.
8) We think our Sweetheart bra is as lovely as it sounds. And now that Valentine’s Day has been and gone you can treat yourself to this fabulous set without feeling guilty about it!
9) The Alexa bra by Freya looks light and sheer but provides great support and the fantastic berry shades will add a colour injection to your lingerie collection.
10) And finally we have the Angie Basque by Masquerade. This basque has a fabulous balconette shape plus boning down the bodice to create an enviable silhouette.
You may have noticed that we sneaked two styles into number 7, there are just so many to choose from, even we can’t decide which ones we love the most!
February 7th, 20110
Whether you’re in a relationship or not, Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to indulge in some luxurious lingerie. Here’s our pick of sensational sets to get you in the mood;
1) The Rhea bra by Masquerade is the perfect antidote to the typical red and black themed lingerie that has become popular on Valentine’s Day so you can keep your loved one on their toes with this elegant but sexy set in purple. The soft satin fabric gives a sensual touch whilst the bra’s amazing balconette shape and fantastic support up to a H cup will ensure you feel as good as you look. The extra detailing of lace trim and a heart shaped jewel in the centre of the bra make it a perfect choice for Valentine’s Day.
2) The brand new Sweetheart bra by Bravissimo was designed with love in mind. This stunning white bra with red heart patterning is sexy and feminine we think you’ll want to show it off! Gorgeous lace trim and red bow detailing add to this bra’s attraction, plus the fabulous shape will create a boob boosting effect. Choose from shorts, thong and suspender belt to complete the look.
3) Alternatively you could unleash your wild side with the Cheeky Monkey set from Faubourg. The leopard print fabric and purple trim on this set make it fun and sexy, add suspenders to the thong to create an extra special look.
4) The Starlet bra in scarlet will make you look red hot! This beautiful bra has a half sheer cup with embroidery detailing for a very sexy finish. The same sheer detailing can be found on the matching briefs and thong, wear as a set with matching suspender belt for ultimate effect.
5) Why not try something a little different? The Tiffany Basque by Masquerade in black satin is as sophisticated as it is sexy, wear it underneath a fitted dress or top for a streamlined silhouette or as lingerie with matching briefs and suspender belt to knock his socks off this Valentine’s Day!
February 1st, 20110
There are certain situations in life when what you wear underneath your clothes can make all the difference to how you act on the outside. A first date for example. You wouldn’t turn up to a first date wearing your everyday boring underwear, even if you are the only one that’s going to see it. The same rule applies for the second or third date or even a date night with a long term partner. Great lingerie makes us feel great, whether you prefer a simple set or something a little sassier, especially when that set provides the right amount of support. Other occasions when underwear counts;
- Weddings; whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid or a guest weddings are the time to dig out your best frock and therefore find some appropriate underwear to enhance both your wedding outfit an your mood on the big day. Plus a honeymoon just wouldn’t be a honeymoon without some luxurious lingerie.
- Interviews; although it might not be appropriate to dress sexily for an interview, a fabulous lingerie set underneath your straight laced suit or some figure smoothing underwear underneath a smart shift dress could give you that all important confidence boost.
So whether you’re going to a wedding, an interview or that all important first date, make sure you have the right underwear to go with your outfit. Great lingerie can also perk up what would otherwise be a regular day. So why not try wearing one of your favourite sets on a normal day and see what difference it makes?
January 28th, 20110
Natalie Portman is unmissable as Nina Sayers, the good girl ballerina who is forced to explore her darker side in order to play the coveted lead role as both the virginal white and the evil black swan. The plot elicits desire, rivalry and paranoia and gives an insight (although with a Hollywood spin) into just how dedicated ballet dancers are when at the top of their game. Portman herself trained for a whole year to achieve the moves and the slight frame of a ballet dancer. To an untrained eye it would be difficult to tell her apart from a dancer that had been training all of their life. Although now heavily pregnant we’re sure she’s happy to leave the pliés and pirouettes to the experts!
Maybe not quite as extreme as the troubled ballerina, but we think that all women have a naughty side and maybe a few other sides too, good and bad. You might have a fun side, a quiet side, a girlie side and a side that just appears from no-where when the handle to the kitchen cupboard door falls off and you simply dig out the screw driver and slap it right back on again. And that’s one of the great things about being a woman we can be strong, caring and sexy all at the same time. So why not explore the different sides to your persona, what will you be this weekend, girlie, fun, glamorous, naughty, flirty or elegant? Just don’t go making friends with any highly strung ballet instructors or mean girls who pretend to be your friend!
January 21st, 20110
You only have to look at pictures of women’s lingerie over the decades to realise how much effort us ladies put into what is worn underneath; the corsetry and infinite layers of the Victorian era, the glamorous silk slips and loose fitting styles of the 30s and the screen scarlet lingerie of the 50s. It makes us wonder what happened to all that effort; today we’re often so busy we’re lucky if we manage to put our knickers on the right way round or even notice if we don’t!
Underwear choice is more frequently made according to comfort and practicality rather than style or effect. However, every once in a while to make ourselves feel feminine and fabulous again, we’ll wear one of our favourite sets and remind ourselves what it feels like to be a woman. Not a mum, not a business woman, not housewife or an accountant but a red blooded woman in sensational lingerie. And although it might not be practical to dress like this everyday, we advise you to start paying more attention to what you wear underneath your clothes as it can make such a difference to your day.
Did you know that a properly fitting bra can make you look slimmer? Well, a bra that fits correctly will position your boobs where they should be and not allow them to fall too low as some badly fitting bras can. The lift of a properly fitting bra can help to define your waist and draw attention to the narrowest part of your body, the waist. A good bra can also make your boobs look fuller and perkier as well as giving plenty of support. Not quite a corset, but thanks to modern design and technology you can get a fabulous boob boosting effect without being tied up tighter than a boat in a storm. If you’d like to try a bra fitting by Bravissimo then click here to find your nearest store. Alternatively you can call our customer helpline where flocks of our gorgeous Bravissimo girls are waiting to help you and your boobs get the bra you deserve. Why not take a leaf out of the books of the glamorous women that have gone before us and make just as much effort in your underwear as you do in your outerwear?