Posts Tagged ‘classic shirt’
September 29th, 20100
There are some things that will never go out of fashion and as this season embraces classic tailored pieces and celebrates a return to lady like chic we think it’s about time we reinvested in a great fitting classic white shirt.
The things we love about a classic white shirt;
- It goes with anything, from formal suits and tailored pieces to more casual denim jeans or skirts.
- It will always look smart even when dressed down.
- Although we more commonly associate shirt wearing with the male of the species, we think that women pull of the look just as well and sometimes even better then men do!
- It is a style that suits all shapes and sizes.
- When freshly washed and ironed there is nothing smarter or more sophisticated than a classic white shirt.
How to wear it;
- Go for full on tailoring and wear your shirt with smart trousers and a waist coat to nail the masculine tailored look add a pair of brogues for extra fashion kudos.
- Wear it with classic dark wash, straight leg jeans and heels for a more casual look (tan shoes and accessories will look great with this combo!)
- Mix up your working wardrobe and wear your white shirt underneath a shift dress for a very Parisienne chic look.
- Dress down with a denim skirt and boots.
- Or simply wear open over a vest top and jeans.
Which ever way you choose to wear it, we think a classic white shirt should be a staple in any woman’s wardrobe!