Posts Tagged ‘clothing’
February 24th, 20110
Sometimes all it takes is a few new accessories to liven up an outfit and to make those all important nods towards spring. A lightweight scarf (compared to the heavy weight ones we’ve been wrapped up in all winter), some statement jewellery or a new handbag. The approach of a new season is a perfect excuse for handbag shopping as there are always new styles that will update your look regardless of what you wear, although we’re sure, like us, you don’t need an excuse to go handbag shopping!
Take the first outfit pictured below, the strappy top (in biscuit) and the long line cardi (in mocha) would look quite plain as they are, but add a little pattern and colour and the look becomes much more interesting. The spotty wool scarf is from the new Pepperberry range, where you can find more accessories designed to compliment the clothing collection. The caramel ceramic beads pictured below, for example, are bang on trend for spring’s statement jewellery look and thanks to their neutral colour they will go with just about anything!
We also love the grey ribbon necklace pictured with the Scoop Neck Knitted Dress in charcoal marl, these beads add some fun to the outfit and the ribbon tie means that you can adjust the length according to what type of top you wear. Embellished pieces such as the beaded cardi, pictured below in both chocolate marl and oatmeal marl, don’t need much in the line of accessories and are great for those who don’t wear much jewellery or prefer more simple pieces as then the outfit speaks for itself!
Other spring accessories to look out for;
- corsages, the bigger the better and with this season’s floral trend you can add a hint of spring to any top, jacket or handbag with a big floral corsage
- bold colour is also a massive trend for spring/summer but if you don’t fancy colour clashing your outfit, you can simply add a colour injection with a statement heels and handbag combo
- the floral trend is also taking over our accessories this season in the form of floral print scarves, bags and floral inspired jewellery pieces
- thin waist belts, they add shape and definition whether worn over a dress, top, jacket or cardigan
Currently the Pepperberry range is available in our brand new Reading store which has the new clothing line plus our full Bravissimo range of lingerie, nightwear and swimwear and at our Pepperberry stores in Scotland. The full Pepperberry clothing line will be available in most existing stores soon and also online so don’t panic, you wont miss out!
February 21st, 20110
We know that great fitting tops can be the hardest thing for a Bravissimo girl to find, so we’ve rounded up our favourite styles from the new collection that offer a fabulous fit and fashion forward edge. A couple of new tops can also be just enough to refresh your wardrobe create different looks to wear with your favourite jeans, trousers and skirts.
Stripey Long Sleeve Tee – horizontal stripes can be tricky to pull off especially when big boobs are involved in the equation. However, our stripey tee has been cut to flatter your boobs and fit comfortably every where else too! We love the button detailing and subtle tie-dye effect of this top and think it’ll look great with jeans or casual trousers and will make a handy top for layering whilst the weather remains persistently cool.
Lace shoulder top – this top is perfect for the casual smart look with its lace shoulder detailing and jersey material body. The dusky pink colour will suit just about everyone and works with this season’s natural/neutral colour palette. Thanks to the gorgeous lace detailing on this top, you can easily dress it up with a pair of smart trousers or a skirt or keep it casual with a denim skirt or jeans.
Spotty tee – there’s nothing like a little polka dot to put a smile on your face. This fabulous red polka dot top is cut with a gathered ruching detail around the bust for a great fit and is finished off with button detailing. Plus, the slight puffball sleeves add an extra dollop of cuteness!
Jersey Scoop Neck Tee – this fabulously red jersey top is perfect for in between season dressing when the weather is too cool for exposed skin but you still need a little room to breathe. This top has bell sleeves, an empire line, ruching around the neck and tie detailing all to create a flattering and comfortable fit.
January 26th, 20110
The nominations for the Oscars which are to be held on the 27th February were announced yesterday and the Brits done good! The King’s Speech starring Colin Firth has already picked up Best Actor at the Golden Globes earlier this month. The film also received 11 other nods including Best Supporting Actor/Actress for Geoffrey Rush, the king’s speech therapist and Helena Bonham Carter for her role as the king’s wife, making 12 nods in total for the film.
The Social Network, the film inspired by the debacle over who created Facebook, picked up 8 nods as did Inception the mind bending film starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
Natalie Portman (Black Swan) along with Nicole Kidman (Rabbit Hole), Michelle Williams (Blue Valentine), Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone) and Annette Bening (The Kids Are All Right) take the pole for Leading Actress. And our very own Amy Adams and Helena Bonham Carter are in the running in best Supporting Actress category.
For the men Colin Firth (The King’s Speech), Javier Bardem (Biutiful), Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network), James Franco (127 hours) and Jeff Bridges (True Grit) battle it out for the top spot.
Here’s the low down of nominations;
- The King’s Speech – 12
- True Grit – 10
- The Social Network – 8
- Inception – 8
- The Fighter – 7
- 127 Hours – 6
- Black Swan – 5
- Toy Story 3 – 5
- The Kids Are All Right – 4
- Winter’s Bone – 4
- Alice In Wonderland – 3
- Biutiful – 3
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 – 2
- How To Train Your Dragon – 2
And there you have it; all we can do now is wait until the 27th of next month for the results and to ogle the red carpet dresses.
November 15th, 20100
Satin is soft, silky and sexy, whether it’s an evening dress or a PJ set, satin adds that extra bit of sass! Take our satin pyjamas for example, the cami top provides the same integral support that all our nightwear does. It’s also comfortable to wear and will keep your boobs in place all night long. What makes this particular set stand apart from the rest however is its luxurious satin fabric. This season’s gorgeous new satin range comes in a choice of cami top, PJ bottoms and night dress in stunning petrol blue. The night dress also has integral support to ensure a sound night’s sleep plus it comes in an extra exciting colourway; raspberry. Why not add some satin nightwear to your Christmas wish list? Or simply treat yourself! As well as adding glamour to your nightwear, satin can up the glam ante when it comes to evening wear too and nothing beats a sexy satin dress for the party season. Our Teal Tulip Dress with its deep v-neck and tie waist detailing will flatter your figure in all the right places. Plus the rich colour will set you apart from the sea of little black dresses this season. Check out the Satin Bow Dress, Beautiful Bandeau Dress and the Satin Ballerina Dress too if you like what you see in the Teal style! If dresses aren’t your thing or you’d like an outfit with a difference over the party season then why not try our Tuxedo Trousers. There’s no doubt that trousers are a huge trend this season so instead of the standard cocktail dress, give trousers a go for a change. They can look just as sexy and feminine as a skirt or a dress and channel the tailored look perfectly. Our Tuxedo trousers are a classic straight cut with satin trim on the pockets to add that important evening touch. Wear with a tailored top such as the Asymmetric Evening Top in bold red to make a statement or a simple cami and Sensational Sequin Shrug for added glamour clout! If you like your lingerie to have a soft satin feel we have a selection of satin bras that will make you feel extra sexy and super supported. Our favourite of the moment is the new Thrill Me bra by Curvy Kate the padded balconette style gives great shape plus, choose between frilled shorts with the option to attach suspenders or thong with frill sides perfect for the thrill seeker in you! Also look out for the Polka Dot bra by Masquerade, the Belle bra by Fantasie and the Zara bra by Panache if you like the satin touch.
November 11th, 20100
If you have been blessed with big boobs, it seems unfair that in some places you can be charged more for a bra that fits. We understand that there is inevitably more fabric in a bigger bra, but clothes prices aren’t based on size so why should bra prices be?
At Bravissimo you get great service as well as value for your money, whether you’re a size 28D or a 40KK everyone gets the same expert bra fitting and same great lingerie at an affordable price. We also have an ever increasing range of clothing cut to fit and flatter bigger boobs, supporting nightwear, swimwear and sports bras with a shock absorber system so that you will be fully supported whatever activity you do! Our everyday bras have given our customers the comfort and support they need to make their day more enjoyable. We also have a range of soft cup and nursing bras to take care of your boobs when they’re under the most stress and strain. Having boobs is part of being a woman, having big boobs is part of being a Bravissimo woman. But whatever your size you should look after your boobs, give them the support they need and treat them every now and again to a beautiful new bra!
November 9th, 20100
Autumn/Winter catwalks were full of new looks, from the simple and sophisticated to the extravagant and down right absurd – yeti boots? We don’t think so! In order to make things a little easier we’ve put together a wish list of the key new season pieces that will update your wardrobe in an instant and you don’t have to be a super model to look good in them!
- Statement leopard print. Leopard print never seems to go out of fashion and here it is again creeping into our winter wardrobes. Make yours a statement piece with a bold printed dress, a sheer leopard print top or accessories. You can even work the leopard print in to your underwear drawer!
A camel coat. Whether you remember your mother wearing one or not, a camel coat looks just as good on a 55 year old as it does on a 25 year old; classic, simple and chic.
- An aviator jacket. If you prefer a more edgy look then an aviator jacket will give you that edge. It’s a great in between season jacket, warmer than a standard leather jacket but cooler than a heavy winter coat.
- Tailored tapered trousers. Trousers are back this season and are taking over our evening wardrobes. Nothing says smart sophistication like a pair of good fitting tailored trousers, wear yours cropped at the ankle to show off sexy kitten heels in the day time or killer heels in the evening.
- Chunky knitwear. It’s almost that time of year to be cosying up in knitwear and even though we’re sad to see the end of the summer, there is a part of us that looks forward to covering up and cosying up in layers of chunky knits! Go for a cute cable knit in an oversized style and wear with leggings and boots or opt for a finer knit for more versatility and layering options.
- Hiking boots with a fashion twist. We’re not sure how practical a hiking boot is with a heel, but they sure look good with skinny jeans and a knitted beanie! Actually we wonder why no one had thought of putting a good grip on the sole of our high heels before! Genius!
- Pencil skirt. Rock the 1950s glamour look with a sexy, fitted pencil skirt and make the most of your figure. We also like the 50s A-line shape but pencil skirts just have that bit more sass!
- Leather and lace. This is a trend that should be done in moderation, we’re talking leather and lace trims as opposed to full on gothic attire. For example a lace sleeve under a classic shift dress or a panel of leather on a pencil skirt will update your autumn/winter wardrobe.
- Manish loafers. If you’re not a heels girl then try a pair of manly loafers, they look chic with the season’s cropped tailored trousers and are much kinder to your feet than heels!
- Colour. Winter colour palettes are usually more subdued compared to summer colours, however this season there is still plenty of colour around. Just because the weather is drab, doesn’t mean your clothes have to be!
November 8th, 20100
Take a look at our new winter collection, its packed full of luscious lingerie, sumptuous sleepwear and fabulous fashion! This season has a prominent lady-like feel with sophisticated hem-lines, 1950s inspired dresses and 1970s inspired feminine blouses. And we can finally say thank-goodness for fashion that is as chic as it is wearable!
Go classic in our check shift dress, this cute shift is cut to fit and flatter bigger boobs without compromising on style. The hint of electric blue gives this dress a modern spin, wear it as it is for now and layer up with long sleeve jerseys and light weight knitwear when the weather gets cooler. In keeping with the classic theme, the herringbone dress will be a wardrobe staple for chic winter dressing. With satin trim to add a little luxury this dress is smart, sophisticated and everything winter is about! The key skirt styles for this season are 1950s A-line and pencil and we have to admit we do love a good pencil skirt as they’re a bit sassier than other skirt styles and very flattering! Soft feminine blouses are also having a thing this season. Our caramel spot shirt hits three trends in one; the colour caramel, the spot detailing and the almost sheer fabric, we love it! As well as oodles of new clothing we have new lingerie styles, nightwear and swimwear, click here to see our new collections.
November 5th, 20100
Whether it’s for a romantic meal out, a party or a work do, every woman needs a special outfit that makes her feel extra special! Our evening dresses are different to normal high street dresses as they are cut to fit bigger boobed women and we know all too well that women with bigger boobs often have to compromise on fit elsewhere in order to get their boobs in! Well, you no longer have to put up with badly fitting clothes as Bravissimo is here to the rescue, with sizes 8 – 18 and the option to choose curvy, really curvy or super curvy depending on your cup size. That way you get the best possible fit and no longer have to go up a size or three for something to fit your boobs!
Often when choosing day wear comfort is more important than style, however for those occasions when we’d like to feel a little more glamorous without giving up too much on the comfort factor then why not try some of these gorgeous evening wear dresses. Our previous lace dress was so popular last winter we’ve brought it back with updated features to improve fit. Thicker straps mean that a bra can be easily and discreetly worn underneath and the v neck line creates a very flattering shape for your boobs as well as leaving the perfect space for a dazzling necklace. The long lace sleeve will help to keep the chill of a cool autumn evening off and the sumptuous purple tone will suit any skin tone. If dazzle is your thing then we think you’ll love our Sequin Layer Evening Dress. This dark putty grey number with its sheer embellished fabric and slip lining will make you feel as good as you look. The long sleeve of this dress is perfect for those of you who prefer to keep your arms covered or for those that abide by the rule that if your legs are on show, your boobs are not and vice-versa. Jewellery should be kept to a bare minimum with this dress as the beautiful embellishment speaks for itself!
Click here to see more of our fabulous dresses for every occasion.
November 2nd, 20100
Just because the weather has turned dull and grey doesn’t mean that our clothing has to. Prints were a huge trend for summer and will also be breathing a little life into our autumn wardrobes too. The hot prints for the new season are;
- Bo-ho prints such as small floral prints and paisley take on a new spin for the autumn season. For the cooler weather the bo-ho trend requires more layering, a floaty floral dress for example can be worn with tights, boots and long sleeve top underneath, go for a top with lace sleeves for extra fashion kudos. Our Paisley Print dress in stunning chiffon fabric is perfect for working the layered look; wear with a faux fur gilet to get the bohemian winter look just right!
- Leopard print has been around in the style stakes for a while now and doesn’t show signs of going for autumn/winter. Leopard print can be fun, wear it in accessory form for a more subtle take on the trend (a bag, a belt, a scarf) or unleash your wild side with a leopard print dress or top, or even a bra (check out the new Cheeky Monkey bra in leopard print with purple velvet detail)!
- Check, we often think that we pull off menswear trends better than they do and the checked shirt is no exception! Keep it feminine with a shorter style and fitted shape or go oversized and wear with leggings, a chunky cardigan and boots. Bold black and white or black and red check are the classic go to when looking for a checked shirt but a natural check can give a softer look. Our Check Shirt in neutral tones with a flash of blue looks great with denim or could be dressed up with this season’s camel coloured trousers. It’s also cut to accommodate big boobs, has a flattering empire line and won’t leave gapping button holes.
- Polka dot, think glamorous 1950s pin ups such as Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly in classic 50s shapes and polka dot designs. We love the 50s for style inspiration as it was all about having those desirable curves and great fitting clothes to show them off in! If you’re a dots fan then we think you’ll love our Spot Shirt, the beige background and caramel spots are bang on trend for this season and should stand the test of time in the style stakes too! The semi sheer fabric gives a light touch whilst the double buttons add detail and of course it’s a great fit from sizes 8 – 18 curvy – super curvy.
- Floral is also a keeper for autumn/winter and sticking with the shirt theme we have a floral print style that’s great for in between season dressing. The three quarter sleeves and half button up front give this shirt a more casual feel and the empire line and v-neck collar provide a flattering shape. The blues and reds in the print look great with jeans but will also work well with grey or navy trousers as an alternative. The floral print of this particular shirt is a small, ditsy floral print, but whether you wear your prints big or small make sure you invest in some bright designs to help brighten your mood this winter!
October 29th, 20100
They can be chic, simple, fun or funky plus they’re great for disguising bad hair days or in between colourings if you dye your hair, so why do we wear hats so infrequently? Maybe it’s because us ladies spend a lot of time on our hair, getting the cut, style and colour right can take a lot of time and maintenance so the idea of all that effort being hidden underneath a hat doesn’t really make sense. On the other hand, a hat could save you precious getting ready time so that way you have more time to enjoy yourself and do whatever it was you were getting ready for!
Why not try dressing up a woolly hat? We’re fans of the casual smart look here at Bravissimo and a cute woolly hat can be given the style treatment with a pair of fitted jeans and heels. Woolly layers are at the forefront of minds and our wardrobes as the weather gets increasingly cooler but we think even practical layers such as hats, scarves and gloves should be fun too! The 70s is a huge trend this autumn with flared trousers, silk pussy bow blouses and the all important camel coat so why not add a 70s style floppy felt hat to that list? Or go for a chic beret, the French know how to do understated style and the beret is no exception; simple yet effect and a fashion favourite that never really goes out of style! Command attention in a military style cap; with the military trend the effect is all in the detail and so a cap with cute button detailing will add a smart twist to any outfit. Top tip: limit your military coat, boots, hat, tops and dresses to 2 pieces at a time maximum, leave the top-to-toe look to the actual military!
Check out our military style coat with gorgeous button detailing and plenty of room for your boobs without the extra bulk. The trilby hat is stylish, smart and sophisticated; wear yours with jeans heeled brogues and trench coat for a glamorous Mrs Gadget look or channel Marlene Dietrich and wear with a suit, a sultry smile and heels. Throughout history hats have been worn for many occasions especially those more formal occasions and were worn on a regular basis, a hat makes a great fashion accessory and immediately changes your outfit so we say why not get ahead in the style stakes and get a hat!