Posts Tagged ‘coats’
October 25th, 20110
The time of year has arrived when we are wrapping up, adding layers and fashion is just as much about keeping warm and dry, as about looking good. Whether you are in your first serious job after college, a working or a stay at home mum, or whether you are a veteran of that daily commute, each and every Bravissimo girl needs a stylish winter jacket or coat that will keep the wind and the rain at bay when you are out in the elements.
If you are looking to buy, there is such a vast array of winter coats and jackets in different styles and fabrics that it can get slightly confusing. Do you go for tweed, classic wool, or leather? Do you opt for a plaid, plain or a dotty print? And that’s before we get started on colour!
Hopefully Pepperberry, our very own clothing range, will have a few options that will keep our Bravissimo ladies warm and dry, but still looking smart and on trend. We also know how tricky it is finding winter coats that fit nicely over the boobs, so these coats have been designed with extra room.
One coat that is already proving to be a bit of a hit is the Scallop Edge Coat in black. This coat has the lovely scalloped detailing and buttons down the edge of one side, it creates a lovely nipped in waist and is fully lined. It is finished off with the corsage on the neck, which is removable. You also have the option of wearing the neckline unfastened, if you find the neck too high.
Another new addition to Pepperberry range is the Boucle Coat. This coat is in a textured fabric, which fits into this year’s trend for textured woven yarns. The boucle coat is very classic in shape, single breasted, so it will creates a nice streamlined look, it has a slightly puffed sleeve to add a bit of femininity. It is available in purple and looks fabulous with black, brown or grey, it will also will look amazing with plum, blueberry and tan and any other colours from the autumn palette. A perfect coat for long winter walks or for keeping you toasty warm, while you wait for your train or bus.
If you are struggling to find that perfect winter coat, make your way to Bravissimo and take a look at these two fabulous coats, or if it’s too chilly to venture out, have a look online from the comfort of your sofa.
October 7th, 20110
According to the experts, our weather is on the turn again, hopefully we haven’t seen the last of the sunshine, but for now we can make ourselves feel better by looking forward to some fabulous new fashion. If you haven’t started to look for that autumn wardrobe, now is definitely the time.
A good place to start is ‘occasion’ wear, as it gets nearer to Christmas, the shops will start filling up with Christmas occasion wear and all things glam and sexy. Sometimes when we are invited to a swanky event or a posh do, our first thought is ‘Oh no, what am I going to wear?’ Pepperberry has some stunning new styles in that are real showstoppers and because the styles are black, you can count on them being real classics that will last you more than just one season.
The jumpsuit trend has come back this autumn/winter and they are surprisingly easy to wear, no worrying about what top you are going to wear with which trousers. Jumpsuits look stylish, are a great alternative to the dress, and are bang on trend. Pepperberry’s new Jersey Wide Leg Jumpsuit will be a valuable addition to your occasion wear, if you have a smart evening event coming up, this stylish jumpsuit will be perfect. It is available in black and is made from jersey so there is no ironing needed. The top is a wrap style, with draping over the tummy area, which is really good at hiding any lumps or bumps.
Another new addition is the very sexy Satin Bodice, just like our cami’s this bodice has an integral underwired bra, so you are fully supported. The bodice is boned, comes in stretchy satin, which makes it comfortable too, it also has adjustable straps. This bodice will look stunning teamed with some tailored trousers and a tuxedo jacket or it will look super sexy with a pencil skirt, killer heels and longer suit jacket.
The new Lux Mac is another big trend this year and this fabulous mac is the perfect accompaniment for any evening dress you have. This mac has a satin sheen, so it will look great with a sequin dress or satin dress in a vibrant colour, it is very versatile so also will look great worn with a classic white shirt and tailored trousers for the office. It comes in black and can be worn with or without the belt.
Invest in these classic black evening wear options and you will never again have that heart sinking feeling when you receive that special event invite.
November 9th, 20100
Autumn/Winter catwalks were full of new looks, from the simple and sophisticated to the extravagant and down right absurd – yeti boots? We don’t think so! In order to make things a little easier we’ve put together a wish list of the key new season pieces that will update your wardrobe in an instant and you don’t have to be a super model to look good in them!
- Statement leopard print. Leopard print never seems to go out of fashion and here it is again creeping into our winter wardrobes. Make yours a statement piece with a bold printed dress, a sheer leopard print top or accessories. You can even work the leopard print in to your underwear drawer!
A camel coat. Whether you remember your mother wearing one or not, a camel coat looks just as good on a 55 year old as it does on a 25 year old; classic, simple and chic.
- An aviator jacket. If you prefer a more edgy look then an aviator jacket will give you that edge. It’s a great in between season jacket, warmer than a standard leather jacket but cooler than a heavy winter coat.
- Tailored tapered trousers. Trousers are back this season and are taking over our evening wardrobes. Nothing says smart sophistication like a pair of good fitting tailored trousers, wear yours cropped at the ankle to show off sexy kitten heels in the day time or killer heels in the evening.
- Chunky knitwear. It’s almost that time of year to be cosying up in knitwear and even though we’re sad to see the end of the summer, there is a part of us that looks forward to covering up and cosying up in layers of chunky knits! Go for a cute cable knit in an oversized style and wear with leggings and boots or opt for a finer knit for more versatility and layering options.
- Hiking boots with a fashion twist. We’re not sure how practical a hiking boot is with a heel, but they sure look good with skinny jeans and a knitted beanie! Actually we wonder why no one had thought of putting a good grip on the sole of our high heels before! Genius!
- Pencil skirt. Rock the 1950s glamour look with a sexy, fitted pencil skirt and make the most of your figure. We also like the 50s A-line shape but pencil skirts just have that bit more sass!
- Leather and lace. This is a trend that should be done in moderation, we’re talking leather and lace trims as opposed to full on gothic attire. For example a lace sleeve under a classic shift dress or a panel of leather on a pencil skirt will update your autumn/winter wardrobe.
- Manish loafers. If you’re not a heels girl then try a pair of manly loafers, they look chic with the season’s cropped tailored trousers and are much kinder to your feet than heels!
- Colour. Winter colour palettes are usually more subdued compared to summer colours, however this season there is still plenty of colour around. Just because the weather is drab, doesn’t mean your clothes have to be!
October 28th, 20100
Brrrr, it’s getting cold outside! As we rapidly approach winter we’re wondering how long we can put off wearing our winter coats. The light weight jacket and single layer on top is no longer enough to keep off the distinct autumn chill. However knowing that there is still November, December, January, February and March to get through before we can even start to think about spring, we’re putting it off for as long as possible. We have also heard rumours on the grape vine that this winter is going to be a long one and after last winter (which felt never ending) this is not good news! So our only hope of surviving this season is a great wardrobe, plenty of layers and some winter warming pick-me-ups like luscious lingerie, cosy nights in wearing gorgeous lounge wear and the odd glass of red!
We don’t often like to admit it but we will enjoy cosying up in soft knitwear, like our super soft Tie Front Cardigan. This cardigan comes in a go-with-anything natural oatmeal colour which will look just as good with jeans as it will worn over a dress or pair of smart trousers. The elasticated waist adds definition to your curves and the tie front adds a feminine touch to this slightly longer style cardigan. We’re also going to invest in the must have polo neck this winter. The polo neck, whether a light weight jersey style or a heavy weight knit, is great for keeping warm whilst looking chic. In the office swap your light blouse for a smart jersey polo neck and wear with trousers, a skirt or underneath a shift dress to update your working wardrobe without having to change it completely. Polo necks also look great underneath a smart coat. Black, brown and cream/natural tones will add a sophisticated twist to this season’s hottest coat trend, the camel coat and no need for a scarf, not just yet anyway we’ve got to save some layers for later!
September 28th, 20100
Women with big boobs will know just how frustrating it can be to find a good coat that doesn’t pull across the chest. Many of you will have had to go up a size (or two) just for a coat to fit around your boobs, but this no longer has to be the case! Bravissimo makes its coats as well as the rest of our clothing in normal high street sizes plus three extra sizes to take into account different bra cup sizes. So if you are a size 12 but your boobs are more like a size 16 then you might go for a Bravissimo size 12 really curvy, that way you get a good fit around your back and shoulders and plenty of room for your boobs too! For more info about our sizes and to find your Bravissimo size click here.
We also like to provide as much choice when it comes to style too. Our Cotton Mac is perfect for the in between season weather we’re having as it’s light enough to carry when the sun comes out but will keep you nice and cosy when the nights get cooler. It’s also a classic design that will last season after season and its neutral colour means it will go with most things and suit most skin tones. Attention! Our military coat will have you looking smart and styled all season long. The waist detailing creates a flattering silhouette whilst the slight puffball sleeve adds a feminine touch; it’s also a great shape to wear with skirts and dresses thanks to its flared hem, just add your favourite winter boots and you’re good to go! For ultimate chic however we just love this double breasted jacket, the charcoal fabric with black trim screams Parisienne chic but the button detailing gives this jacket an almost military edge, this jacket is so sophisticated and no gaping button holes in sight! Hurray!
September 25th, 20100
We can’t help but notice the few degrees Celsius we’ve lost over the past few weeks as well as the amount of rain we’ve been having but we don’t think we’re ready for the end of summer just yet. It doesn’t seem like that long ago that we were getting excited to wear our maxi dresses, flip-flops and worrying about getting ourselves into bikinis for our summer holidays and now we have to face the reality of knitwear and finding a new winter coat. Last winter was a long (and snowy) one so there’s no wonder we’re feeling a little blue over the changing seasons. However, before winter comes autumn and autumn is actually a very beautiful season. Yes it’s generally windier and rainier than summer or spring but with new season trends you can combat the worsening weather with an aviator jacket, a print scarf and a pair of must have shoe boots. Haha! Take that unpredictable weather, we can and will look good whatever irrational weather you throw our way!
Weather proof dressing;
- Belt your scarf, drape a colourful scarf around your neck and wear with a thin waist belt around your outer layers. This look works well with an oversized cardigan and will stop the wind from blowing your scarf into the face of an unassuming passerby.
- Invest in weather proof shoe boots. Suede, stiletto heels and shoes with no grip are not weather friendly. This season’s shoe boots however are strong, sturdy and come with a good sole. We recommend a hiker style shoe boot with a slight heel as they have a gripped sole based on a hiking boot, who says fashion can’t also be practical?
- Layers, layers, layers. It’s the only way to beat the changing weather. If you have recently left the house in piles of knitwear because it was cold in the morning to later melt with the heat when the sun has come out then take note; just because a day starts off chilly doesn’t mean that it won’t brighten up later on. On the same note, just because it’s August still it doesn’t mean that flip-flops and little dresses are automatically considered appropriate dress, if it’s cold outside please put a coat on!
Next season is all about easy to wear feminine styles so don’t be down in the dumps over the approach of autumn, embrace it in style!