Posts Tagged ‘Holiday’
August 10th, 20150
We all look forward all to a well-deserved break and chill out and many will spend all year focused on those precious days in the sun!
You have chosen and bought your beautiful new holiday swimwear and this is one of the best bits about going away. If you haven’t found your perfect swim set yet we’ve just had some new styles arrive.
Next you need to think about what happens when you get your lovely self to the beach. When you step out into the sand on that first day we know you will be feeling good, but we also want to be sure that our customers stay safe from the sun.
Whether you’re hitting a beautiful beach in the Med or one of our lovely beaches in the UK, the sun can be just as strong. The last thing you want to happen is to get sunburnt so here are a few simple beach tips to make sure this doesn’t happen.
- Use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 and a UVA filter of five stars
- Make sure your sun cream is not past its expiry date – most have a shelf life of just 2-3 years
- Apply regularly (at least every 2 hours) and after you swim
- Try and stay out of the sun between 11am and 3pm
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat (this will help keep the sun off your face and hair too)
And don’t forget your hair needs extra care when on the beach. An simple updo (clip or a bun) or cover up (hat or scarf) is ideal; this way the sun can’t reach the ends of your hair, which are older and will be quicker to dry out. Extra conditioning will help keep the moisture in your hair and if you for added UV protection you can use a sunscreen diluted with water before you swim or sunbathe.
Follow these beach tips and have a beautiful and safe holiday this summer and if you are getting away on a last minute break check out our Summer swimwear sale and grab a bargain!