Posts Tagged ‘ladies clothing’
October 6th, 20100
If you’re anything like us here at Bravissimo you will know of at least 3 films you’d like to see at the cinema, but like us, you never quite get round to seeing them! But don’t worry it won’t be long before the DVD versions are released and then you can watch them in the comfort of your own home and more than once. If you haven’t seen Dear John, we highly recommend buying it or renting it on DVD, it’s out now and is a great film for a girlie night in or for a good cry fest when you need one. Starring Channing Tatum as the rather gorgeous John, a solider on leave from the US army and Amanda Seyfried as Savannah, a student this film is a love story that requires at least one box of tissues as it’s a real tear jerker, but we love it! If you’re planning on seeing it with your man however, you might have to make up for it by going to see a few action films; he’ll probably drag you along to see something like the Expendables, so be prepared! Other DVD releases; The Blind Side, Shutter Island, Whip It and Remember Me. The Blind Side stars Sandra Bullock who won an Oscar for her role as an upper class white American woman who adopts an underprivileged black teenager. The film is based on a true story making it even more heart warming, cue warm fuzzy feelings. Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio follows the investigation into a missing person at an isolated mental hospital. With plenty of twists and turns in the plot and eerie/jumpy scenes, we think we’d rather watch this film at home with a pillow to hide behind and the availability of a pause button! Whip It on the other hand is a much easier watch. The story follows the plight of a teenage girl who tries to prove herself to her family and potential future boyfriend (who’s cool and in a band, she’s neither) by joining a roller derby. The film is directed by Drew Barrymore and is a great one for a girlie night in or if you need a little pick-me-up. Calling all R-Patz fans (that’s Robert Patterson fans for those of you that have been living under a rock for the last 6months) Remember Me is now available on DVD. In the film Patterson plays a troubled teenager who is struggling to deal with issues involving his family, so no vampire teeth but a film with an amazing ending that even non R-Patz fans will enjoy!
October 4th, 20100
We don’t really think that hiking boots with heels are the most practical of footwear, but whether you enjoy hiking or not, we think that the great outdoors look is one of the easiest and most wearable trends of the season. The key to this trend is all in the detail; a checked shirt, knitted layers and shearling trim all go to create and cosy and comfortable look that will see you though the changing seasons. A good place to start if you’d like to master this trend is with a simple checked shirt. Our super flattering check shirt in neutral tones works great with jeans and is cut to fit your boobs with no gapping button holes in sight! Its empire shape will make the most of your waist whilst the pleat sleeve and shoulder detailing add femininity. We also like the oversized shirt look go for check or denim and wear with leggings and boots for easy autumn dressing; you can also save a few pennies by raiding your man’s wardrobe for a suitable shirt! The trick then is to build up your layers depending on the weather. Layers of lightweight knitwear and jersey wear will make it easier to adjust to the changing climate. Shearling is massive this season from shearling or sheepskin trimmed aviator jackets to bags, boots and more. However, don’t be tempted to over do it, the shearling detailing should focus on one area so choose carefully which piece to wear to avoid looking OTT! Embrace the neutral trend and give your jeans a rest with a pair of utility style trousers. These look great worn in place of your regular jeans just add a few cosy layers and a pair of boots and you’ve got autumn’s urban outdoors look down to a tee! Our utility trousers in stone with panel and stitch detailing are just the trick! And finally, pile on the layers to complete the look. Socks, scarves, cardigans and gloves can be added when the temperature drops.
September 30th, 20100
Denim was a huge trend last summer and FYI it’s here to stay for autumn too! So if you didn’t invest in key denim pieces last season, now is the time to do it, but choose carefully…!
- A simple smart denim jacket will last throughout many seasons but a denim jacket covered in tassels and dangly bits is limited only to those season when the 80s cowboy look is in fashion i.e. not very often! This season go for the Bo-Ho look by wearing your denim jacket over a floaty floral dress, our Paisley Print Dress does just the trick!
- Denim dresses can be dressed up or dressed down so will form a versatile part of your new season wardrobe. Get the look with our curve flattering button front denim dress; wear it with flat pumps now and with tights, boots and a chunky knit cardigan when the weather gets cooler.
- A good fitting pair of straight leg jeans will never be far out of fashion. Go for a classic dark wash for a smarter look like our straight leg jeans and in keeping with the classic theme of the season you can’t go wrong with a crisp white shirt to create a smart/casual look, simple but effective! If you prefer a jean with more of a flare however, then make the most of the 70s trend and invest in some flattering flares. The shape of this style of jean will also help to balance out a top heavy figure, opt for a high waist to make the most of your figure and wear with a pussy bow tie silk blouse to complete the 70s vibe!
September 29th, 20100
There are some things that will never go out of fashion and as this season embraces classic tailored pieces and celebrates a return to lady like chic we think it’s about time we reinvested in a great fitting classic white shirt.
The things we love about a classic white shirt;
- It goes with anything, from formal suits and tailored pieces to more casual denim jeans or skirts.
- It will always look smart even when dressed down.
- Although we more commonly associate shirt wearing with the male of the species, we think that women pull of the look just as well and sometimes even better then men do!
- It is a style that suits all shapes and sizes.
- When freshly washed and ironed there is nothing smarter or more sophisticated than a classic white shirt.
How to wear it;
- Go for full on tailoring and wear your shirt with smart trousers and a waist coat to nail the masculine tailored look add a pair of brogues for extra fashion kudos.
- Wear it with classic dark wash, straight leg jeans and heels for a more casual look (tan shoes and accessories will look great with this combo!)
- Mix up your working wardrobe and wear your white shirt underneath a shift dress for a very Parisienne chic look.
- Dress down with a denim skirt and boots.
- Or simply wear open over a vest top and jeans.
Which ever way you choose to wear it, we think a classic white shirt should be a staple in any woman’s wardrobe!
September 28th, 20100
Women with big boobs will know just how frustrating it can be to find a good coat that doesn’t pull across the chest. Many of you will have had to go up a size (or two) just for a coat to fit around your boobs, but this no longer has to be the case! Bravissimo makes its coats as well as the rest of our clothing in normal high street sizes plus three extra sizes to take into account different bra cup sizes. So if you are a size 12 but your boobs are more like a size 16 then you might go for a Bravissimo size 12 really curvy, that way you get a good fit around your back and shoulders and plenty of room for your boobs too! For more info about our sizes and to find your Bravissimo size click here.
We also like to provide as much choice when it comes to style too. Our Cotton Mac is perfect for the in between season weather we’re having as it’s light enough to carry when the sun comes out but will keep you nice and cosy when the nights get cooler. It’s also a classic design that will last season after season and its neutral colour means it will go with most things and suit most skin tones. Attention! Our military coat will have you looking smart and styled all season long. The waist detailing creates a flattering silhouette whilst the slight puffball sleeve adds a feminine touch; it’s also a great shape to wear with skirts and dresses thanks to its flared hem, just add your favourite winter boots and you’re good to go! For ultimate chic however we just love this double breasted jacket, the charcoal fabric with black trim screams Parisienne chic but the button detailing gives this jacket an almost military edge, this jacket is so sophisticated and no gaping button holes in sight! Hurray!
July 15th, 20100
Lovely layered gold chain necklaces that is! So you’ve done the layered look with your clothes but have you tried layering your jewellery? The rule for jewellery this season is the more, the merrier and this applies to bangles, rings and necklaces as well as experimenting with more eclectic pieces such as toe rings and anklets that we only usually consider during summer months and with a pending summer holiday. Achieving the layered look, without appearing as though you’re playing dress up with your mother’s jewellery box, takes practice. For necklaces keep the styles simple but alternate length, delicate chains with small charm details look great when worn together. Avoid wearing chains that are too thick as even though the A-Team film is being reworked we don’t want to recreate the Mr. T look! Go bo-ho by piling on the bangles, keep them light and dainty or go thick and heavy with contrasting materials for a more urban feel. If you’re feeling extra daring then try an arm bangle, these are more difficult to pull off but when worn with the right outfit (think urban bo-ho in simple but quirky summer dresses and straw hat combos) they finish off the look perfectly. With rings, the bigger the better rule applies and wearing more than one huge ring is no longer a fashion faux-pas! Plus big rings have already been spotted on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 2010, so this really is a trend worth investing in.
July 14th, 20100
As well as giving you a range of great basic tops, we have some more fashionable styles too that will keep you happy and fully supported whatever the occasion.
* Hit the nautical trend with the side button jersey vest, the navy colour and white stripe detailing gives this top a fresh feel, wear with white linen trousers to complete the cruise look or go for jeans for a more casual take on this trend. And who knows, looking this good, you might even bag yourself a sailor!
* There’s nothing like a cute check top to celebrate the summer and this particular style has everything; gorgeous pink and blue check print, flattering empire line and cross over front, thick straps to cover your bra and to top it all off nicely; a tie back and button detailing. Summer picnic attire sorted!
* Looking for a top that is smart enough for an occasion but also gives great support and fit? Then we might just have what you’re looking for. Our embellished cotton cami combines a wrap over style front and empire line shape with a gorgeous green colour and sequin/embroidery detail. This top will look sensational with this season’s must have white jeans.
* We think our cotton pleat detail top is the top equivalent of a little black dress, it’s fitted, flattering and is sure to get you noticed! The empire line and low cut of this top will give your boobs a real boost and a little black top goes with everything, especially when it fits this well! If you love the shape of the top then why not try the dress version? The cotton pleat summer dress is just as flattering but comes in a much braver shade of orange it’s a cool comfortable dress that we think you’ll wear all summer!
June 25th, 20100
Many women are leaving mother hood until much later in life. This is often due to women wanting to pursue a career before they think about starting a family. But why should having a family mean giving up your career? It can be difficult to juggle work life and family life, but that’s why women were designed to be multi-taskers! More dads are now staying at home to be full time parents and the choice of who stays at home an who goes out to work is becoming less one sided.
Many new parents share the chores and the ‘winning of the bread’, making things a little easier for everyone. In an ideal world both parents would be able to take a couple of years out of work (paid of course) to bring up their child until they’re old enough to go to school. But that’s just not realistic and parenthood doesn’t come with a manual so we just have to do the best we can and hope that our offspring end up earning enough money to look after us when we’re old and wrinkly!
Women having children later in life also has an effect on the population rate. The baby boom generation is now reaching retirement age and the number of over 65s is on the up. The number of under 16s however is falling, which could have repercussions when it comes to employment. The ‘replacement rate’ is also falling, this is the average number of children per woman required to maintain a stable population. Currently at 1.96, whereas the rate needed is 2.08. The facts and figures definitely take the romance out of it! Some women might feel concerned that having a baby could ruin their chances of progressing with their career, yet the ticking biological clock doesn’t slow down! But we shouldn’t feel bad for wanting to establish a successful career before we think about starting a family, after all men have been doing it for years and isn’t it about time we got to have our slice of the career cake, eat it and have a baby too?!
June 16th, 20100
Hats, champagne and betting, Royal Ascot isn’t just a fun day out, it is the horse racing event of the summer. With over a hundred years of tradition it is a very British occasion that you have to experience at least once in your lifetime. This year the racing takes place from Tuesday the 15th – Saturday the 19th June. Although most people do dress up in smart attire for the event, there is no formal dress code for Grandstand admission or for Silver Ring admission. Premier Admission however is a different matter; men are expected to wear a shirt and tie, preferably with a dinner jacket and ladies must wear dresses/skirts of an appropriate length or other formal wear. Hats are not a must, but are all part of the fun of dressing up for the day. Many women opt for fascinators over hats as they are more resilient in the wind and won’t give the ‘hat hair’ look if your posh hat does get blown off!
Look at our great range of Ascot friendly dresses, perfect for this event or any of your summer parties. Fancy dress is allowed but only in Grandstand and Silver Ring admission areas and as long as it isn’t offensive or inappropriate, we wonder how many people might turn up dressed up as a horse, it seems the most fitting fancy dress for the occasion but might make betting a little tricky, especially if you’re the rear end! Royal Ascot has also become an alternative place to have your Hen Do and with great outfits, champagne and the potential of winning lots of money, we can understand why!
As well as Royal Ascot, there are also many events held at Ascot throughout the year, including;
- summer cocktail party
- horses for heroes
- beer festival
- food fair
- Christmas shopping
They also hold family days, so you can make it a fun day trip for the whole family to enjoy! Fine equine fun and champers all round then…
June 1st, 20100
The military trend is nothing new in the fashion stakes. However, modern military is about subtle colours and is all in the detail;
- double breasted buttoning
- fierce footwear
- and tough accessories
For an easy way to adopt this look, team soft tailored khaki trousers with a crisp white shirt and brown belt. A structured top with double breasted detailing will work well with jeans, but be careful with how this detailing sits, as it can draw too much attention to large breasts. Coats on the other hand are easy to combat the military trend. A simple coat with double breasted buttons is chic but simple enough to be worn all year round. Although, this look has a tough edge, it is still a feminine trend. The key is to use accessories to accentuate your curves. A slim waist belt pulled in over an oversized shirt or worn over a khaki jacket will help to retain a womanly feel.
The military chic look also over laps with another of this season’s big trends, shorts. Tailored shorts which finish just above the knee are the most flattering shape (not all of us can, or really want to wear hot-pants anymore!). Or, if you prefer a more subtle look, over an all out military coupe, try an A-line skirt in khaki or stone, wear with a simple blouse in the office or a sexy cami for an evening.