Posts Tagged ‘ladies clothing’
October 8th, 20100
The fashionistas of this world have been raving about kitten heels for some time now, but this is a trend we welcome back with open arms, especially after the mishaps we’ve had trying our best to pull off the super high platform shoes of seasons past. Those that were brave enough to take on the challenge of the super platform were kidding themselves that if models and celebrities could train themselves to walk in such heels then they could too (personal experience included). We think that celeb versions had secret wheels in the soles (like the trainers children wear) and rather than having to walk anywhere, managers were simply rolling their celebs into place on the red carpet and into various parties and award ceremonies. So you can imagine our relief when we found out that kitten heels were all of a sudden sexy again. At last a heel that we can wear all day without getting sore feet or vertigo!
The perfect kitten heel is not too high but not too low either and is best worn in a simple colour block. A low cut shape creates a sexier shape and a slight point gives sophistication to an otherwise simple shoe. A nude tone will create a leg lengthening effect when worn with skirts and dresses, a brightly coloured pair will add a fun colour injection to an outfit and classic black will keep you going all season long. Get the Mad Men effect and team your kitten heels with a 1950s A-line shape full skirt worn high on the waist, this shape is great for bigger boobs as it defines the body at its smallest part, the waist, and will make the most of your curves. If you prefer a more streamlined silhouette go for a pencil skirt, just as glamorous as a full skirt but a little more on the sexy side. Kitten heels also look great with a fitted crop trouser such as a cigarette pant. To balance out the slimness of the trouser wear with a loose fitting silk/chiffon blouse, this will soften the tailoring of the trousers and compliment a bigger bust. Shorts are a fun alternative to trousers to-the-knee styles are very flattering and will be given a smarter edge when worn with a slight heel. As is the case with skirts and dresses, when the legs are exposed, a nude shoe works best. Update your look with a pair of kitten heels now and give your feet a break from impractical footwear!
October 7th, 20100
Day to evening chic has never been so easy with classic tailored pieces that can be glammed up for the night time and accessories that automatically turn an outfit from office appropriate to cocktail bar appropriate in no time! Trousers are going to be your new best friend this season, wear smart in the day with a classic shirt and flat loafers then crank up the glam factor by swapping your flats for heels and your safe shirt for a sheer blouse for the evening. Whether you rock the visible underwear look or wear a cami underneath will depend on the situation and your mood but remember, beautiful underwear was designed to be seen! And if you’ve got it…
Simple outfits work best when making the transition from day to night. Sometimes all it takes is a change of top, the addition of heels or swapping a large handbag for a dainty clutch to get you in the mood for an evening out. A swift change of hair style can also help you to feel more glam as well as a quick top up of make-up, so if you’re planning after work drinks or have a long day ahead of you make sure you take some provisions to freshen up throughout the day!
Jewellery will be your secret weapon for making the transition from day to evening; earrings especially add instant glam to an outfit and are very on trend. An embellished bag or jacket will give your day outfit an uplift, even a change of underwear from a comfortable day bra into a boob boosting cleavage bra will give you an extra little va va voom! Lace, silk and chiffon are great fabrics that work well for day to evening dressing as they give an outfit a more luxurious feel from the start!
This way of dressing is great for those impromptu evenings out or potential hot dates that might crop up throughout the course of the day. We suggest trying;
- The kimono cinch waist dress is a wardrobe staple, comfortable enough for day time but add some jewellery and heels and it makes the perfect LBD for the evening.
- Our cotton lace shift dress is pure glam, no need for excessive accessories.
Day to evening dressing is about keeping your look simple and elegant by adding a few touches you can freshen up your outfit without having to change it. That way you can spend more time enjoying yourself!
October 6th, 20100
If you’re anything like us here at Bravissimo you will know of at least 3 films you’d like to see at the cinema, but like us, you never quite get round to seeing them! But don’t worry it won’t be long before the DVD versions are released and then you can watch them in the comfort of your own home and more than once. If you haven’t seen Dear John, we highly recommend buying it or renting it on DVD, it’s out now and is a great film for a girlie night in or for a good cry fest when you need one. Starring Channing Tatum as the rather gorgeous John, a solider on leave from the US army and Amanda Seyfried as Savannah, a student this film is a love story that requires at least one box of tissues as it’s a real tear jerker, but we love it! If you’re planning on seeing it with your man however, you might have to make up for it by going to see a few action films; he’ll probably drag you along to see something like the Expendables, so be prepared! Other DVD releases; The Blind Side, Shutter Island, Whip It and Remember Me. The Blind Side stars Sandra Bullock who won an Oscar for her role as an upper class white American woman who adopts an underprivileged black teenager. The film is based on a true story making it even more heart warming, cue warm fuzzy feelings. Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio follows the investigation into a missing person at an isolated mental hospital. With plenty of twists and turns in the plot and eerie/jumpy scenes, we think we’d rather watch this film at home with a pillow to hide behind and the availability of a pause button! Whip It on the other hand is a much easier watch. The story follows the plight of a teenage girl who tries to prove herself to her family and potential future boyfriend (who’s cool and in a band, she’s neither) by joining a roller derby. The film is directed by Drew Barrymore and is a great one for a girlie night in or if you need a little pick-me-up. Calling all R-Patz fans (that’s Robert Patterson fans for those of you that have been living under a rock for the last 6months) Remember Me is now available on DVD. In the film Patterson plays a troubled teenager who is struggling to deal with issues involving his family, so no vampire teeth but a film with an amazing ending that even non R-Patz fans will enjoy!
October 4th, 20100
We don’t really think that hiking boots with heels are the most practical of footwear, but whether you enjoy hiking or not, we think that the great outdoors look is one of the easiest and most wearable trends of the season. The key to this trend is all in the detail; a checked shirt, knitted layers and shearling trim all go to create and cosy and comfortable look that will see you though the changing seasons. A good place to start if you’d like to master this trend is with a simple checked shirt. Our super flattering check shirt in neutral tones works great with jeans and is cut to fit your boobs with no gapping button holes in sight! Its empire shape will make the most of your waist whilst the pleat sleeve and shoulder detailing add femininity. We also like the oversized shirt look go for check or denim and wear with leggings and boots for easy autumn dressing; you can also save a few pennies by raiding your man’s wardrobe for a suitable shirt! The trick then is to build up your layers depending on the weather. Layers of lightweight knitwear and jersey wear will make it easier to adjust to the changing climate. Shearling is massive this season from shearling or sheepskin trimmed aviator jackets to bags, boots and more. However, don’t be tempted to over do it, the shearling detailing should focus on one area so choose carefully which piece to wear to avoid looking OTT! Embrace the neutral trend and give your jeans a rest with a pair of utility style trousers. These look great worn in place of your regular jeans just add a few cosy layers and a pair of boots and you’ve got autumn’s urban outdoors look down to a tee! Our utility trousers in stone with panel and stitch detailing are just the trick! And finally, pile on the layers to complete the look. Socks, scarves, cardigans and gloves can be added when the temperature drops.
September 30th, 20100
Denim was a huge trend last summer and FYI it’s here to stay for autumn too! So if you didn’t invest in key denim pieces last season, now is the time to do it, but choose carefully…!
- A simple smart denim jacket will last throughout many seasons but a denim jacket covered in tassels and dangly bits is limited only to those season when the 80s cowboy look is in fashion i.e. not very often! This season go for the Bo-Ho look by wearing your denim jacket over a floaty floral dress, our Paisley Print Dress does just the trick!
- Denim dresses can be dressed up or dressed down so will form a versatile part of your new season wardrobe. Get the look with our curve flattering button front denim dress; wear it with flat pumps now and with tights, boots and a chunky knit cardigan when the weather gets cooler.
- A good fitting pair of straight leg jeans will never be far out of fashion. Go for a classic dark wash for a smarter look like our straight leg jeans and in keeping with the classic theme of the season you can’t go wrong with a crisp white shirt to create a smart/casual look, simple but effective! If you prefer a jean with more of a flare however, then make the most of the 70s trend and invest in some flattering flares. The shape of this style of jean will also help to balance out a top heavy figure, opt for a high waist to make the most of your figure and wear with a pussy bow tie silk blouse to complete the 70s vibe!
September 29th, 20100
There are some things that will never go out of fashion and as this season embraces classic tailored pieces and celebrates a return to lady like chic we think it’s about time we reinvested in a great fitting classic white shirt.
The things we love about a classic white shirt;
- It goes with anything, from formal suits and tailored pieces to more casual denim jeans or skirts.
- It will always look smart even when dressed down.
- Although we more commonly associate shirt wearing with the male of the species, we think that women pull of the look just as well and sometimes even better then men do!
- It is a style that suits all shapes and sizes.
- When freshly washed and ironed there is nothing smarter or more sophisticated than a classic white shirt.
How to wear it;
- Go for full on tailoring and wear your shirt with smart trousers and a waist coat to nail the masculine tailored look add a pair of brogues for extra fashion kudos.
- Wear it with classic dark wash, straight leg jeans and heels for a more casual look (tan shoes and accessories will look great with this combo!)
- Mix up your working wardrobe and wear your white shirt underneath a shift dress for a very Parisienne chic look.
- Dress down with a denim skirt and boots.
- Or simply wear open over a vest top and jeans.
Which ever way you choose to wear it, we think a classic white shirt should be a staple in any woman’s wardrobe!
September 28th, 20100
Women with big boobs will know just how frustrating it can be to find a good coat that doesn’t pull across the chest. Many of you will have had to go up a size (or two) just for a coat to fit around your boobs, but this no longer has to be the case! Bravissimo makes its coats as well as the rest of our clothing in normal high street sizes plus three extra sizes to take into account different bra cup sizes. So if you are a size 12 but your boobs are more like a size 16 then you might go for a Bravissimo size 12 really curvy, that way you get a good fit around your back and shoulders and plenty of room for your boobs too! For more info about our sizes and to find your Bravissimo size click here.
We also like to provide as much choice when it comes to style too. Our Cotton Mac is perfect for the in between season weather we’re having as it’s light enough to carry when the sun comes out but will keep you nice and cosy when the nights get cooler. It’s also a classic design that will last season after season and its neutral colour means it will go with most things and suit most skin tones. Attention! Our military coat will have you looking smart and styled all season long. The waist detailing creates a flattering silhouette whilst the slight puffball sleeve adds a feminine touch; it’s also a great shape to wear with skirts and dresses thanks to its flared hem, just add your favourite winter boots and you’re good to go! For ultimate chic however we just love this double breasted jacket, the charcoal fabric with black trim screams Parisienne chic but the button detailing gives this jacket an almost military edge, this jacket is so sophisticated and no gaping button holes in sight! Hurray!
July 15th, 20100
Lovely layered gold chain necklaces that is! So you’ve done the layered look with your clothes but have you tried layering your jewellery? The rule for jewellery this season is the more, the merrier and this applies to bangles, rings and necklaces as well as experimenting with more eclectic pieces such as toe rings and anklets that we only usually consider during summer months and with a pending summer holiday. Achieving the layered look, without appearing as though you’re playing dress up with your mother’s jewellery box, takes practice. For necklaces keep the styles simple but alternate length, delicate chains with small charm details look great when worn together. Avoid wearing chains that are too thick as even though the A-Team film is being reworked we don’t want to recreate the Mr. T look! Go bo-ho by piling on the bangles, keep them light and dainty or go thick and heavy with contrasting materials for a more urban feel. If you’re feeling extra daring then try an arm bangle, these are more difficult to pull off but when worn with the right outfit (think urban bo-ho in simple but quirky summer dresses and straw hat combos) they finish off the look perfectly. With rings, the bigger the better rule applies and wearing more than one huge ring is no longer a fashion faux-pas! Plus big rings have already been spotted on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 2010, so this really is a trend worth investing in.
July 14th, 20100
As well as giving you a range of great basic tops, we have some more fashionable styles too that will keep you happy and fully supported whatever the occasion.
* Hit the nautical trend with the side button jersey vest, the navy colour and white stripe detailing gives this top a fresh feel, wear with white linen trousers to complete the cruise look or go for jeans for a more casual take on this trend. And who knows, looking this good, you might even bag yourself a sailor!
* There’s nothing like a cute check top to celebrate the summer and this particular style has everything; gorgeous pink and blue check print, flattering empire line and cross over front, thick straps to cover your bra and to top it all off nicely; a tie back and button detailing. Summer picnic attire sorted!
* Looking for a top that is smart enough for an occasion but also gives great support and fit? Then we might just have what you’re looking for. Our embellished cotton cami combines a wrap over style front and empire line shape with a gorgeous green colour and sequin/embroidery detail. This top will look sensational with this season’s must have white jeans.
* We think our cotton pleat detail top is the top equivalent of a little black dress, it’s fitted, flattering and is sure to get you noticed! The empire line and low cut of this top will give your boobs a real boost and a little black top goes with everything, especially when it fits this well! If you love the shape of the top then why not try the dress version? The cotton pleat summer dress is just as flattering but comes in a much braver shade of orange it’s a cool comfortable dress that we think you’ll wear all summer!
June 25th, 20100
Many women are leaving mother hood until much later in life. This is often due to women wanting to pursue a career before they think about starting a family. But why should having a family mean giving up your career? It can be difficult to juggle work life and family life, but that’s why women were designed to be multi-taskers! More dads are now staying at home to be full time parents and the choice of who stays at home an who goes out to work is becoming less one sided.
Many new parents share the chores and the ‘winning of the bread’, making things a little easier for everyone. In an ideal world both parents would be able to take a couple of years out of work (paid of course) to bring up their child until they’re old enough to go to school. But that’s just not realistic and parenthood doesn’t come with a manual so we just have to do the best we can and hope that our offspring end up earning enough money to look after us when we’re old and wrinkly!
Women having children later in life also has an effect on the population rate. The baby boom generation is now reaching retirement age and the number of over 65s is on the up. The number of under 16s however is falling, which could have repercussions when it comes to employment. The ‘replacement rate’ is also falling, this is the average number of children per woman required to maintain a stable population. Currently at 1.96, whereas the rate needed is 2.08. The facts and figures definitely take the romance out of it! Some women might feel concerned that having a baby could ruin their chances of progressing with their career, yet the ticking biological clock doesn’t slow down! But we shouldn’t feel bad for wanting to establish a successful career before we think about starting a family, after all men have been doing it for years and isn’t it about time we got to have our slice of the career cake, eat it and have a baby too?!