Posts Tagged ‘ladies clothing’
October 6th, 20100
If you’re anything like us here at Bravissimo you will know of at least 3 films you’d like to see at the cinema, but like us, you never quite get round to seeing them! But don’t worry it won’t be long before the DVD versions are released and then you can watch them in the comfort of your own home and more than once. If you haven’t seen Dear John, we highly recommend buying it or renting it on DVD, it’s out now and is a great film for a girlie night in or for a good cry fest when you need one. Starring Channing Tatum as the rather gorgeous John, a solider on leave from the US army and Amanda Seyfried as Savannah, a student this film is a love story that requires at least one box of tissues as it’s a real tear jerker, but we love it! If you’re planning on seeing it with your man however, you might have to make up for it by going to see a few action films; he’ll probably drag you along to see something like the Expendables, so be prepared! Other DVD releases; The Blind Side, Shutter Island, Whip It and Remember Me. The Blind Side stars Sandra Bullock who won an Oscar for her role as an upper class white American woman who adopts an underprivileged black teenager. The film is based on a true story making it even more heart warming, cue warm fuzzy feelings. Shutter Island with Leonardo DiCaprio follows the investigation into a missing person at an isolated mental hospital. With plenty of twists and turns in the plot and eerie/jumpy scenes, we think we’d rather watch this film at home with a pillow to hide behind and the availability of a pause button! Whip It on the other hand is a much easier watch. The story follows the plight of a teenage girl who tries to prove herself to her family and potential future boyfriend (who’s cool and in a band, she’s neither) by joining a roller derby. The film is directed by Drew Barrymore and is a great one for a girlie night in or if you need a little pick-me-up. Calling all R-Patz fans (that’s Robert Patterson fans for those of you that have been living under a rock for the last 6months) Remember Me is now available on DVD. In the film Patterson plays a troubled teenager who is struggling to deal with issues involving his family, so no vampire teeth but a film with an amazing ending that even non R-Patz fans will enjoy!
October 4th, 20100
We don’t really think that hiking boots with heels are the most practical of footwear, but whether you enjoy hiking or not, we think that the great outdoors look is one of the easiest and most wearable trends of the season. The key to this trend is all in the detail; a checked shirt, knitted layers and shearling trim all go to create and cosy and comfortable look that will see you though the changing seasons. A good place to start if you’d like to master this trend is with a simple checked shirt. Our super flattering check shirt in neutral tones works great with jeans and is cut to fit your boobs with no gapping button holes in sight! Its empire shape will make the most of your waist whilst the pleat sleeve and shoulder detailing add femininity. We also like the oversized shirt look go for check or denim and wear with leggings and boots for easy autumn dressing; you can also save a few pennies by raiding your man’s wardrobe for a suitable shirt! The trick then is to build up your layers depending on the weather. Layers of lightweight knitwear and jersey wear will make it easier to adjust to the changing climate. Shearling is massive this season from shearling or sheepskin trimmed aviator jackets to bags, boots and more. However, don’t be tempted to over do it, the shearling detailing should focus on one area so choose carefully which piece to wear to avoid looking OTT! Embrace the neutral trend and give your jeans a rest with a pair of utility style trousers. These look great worn in place of your regular jeans just add a few cosy layers and a pair of boots and you’ve got autumn’s urban outdoors look down to a tee! Our utility trousers in stone with panel and stitch detailing are just the trick! And finally, pile on the layers to complete the look. Socks, scarves, cardigans and gloves can be added when the temperature drops.
September 30th, 20100
Denim was a huge trend last summer and FYI it’s here to stay for autumn too! So if you didn’t invest in key denim pieces last season, now is the time to do it, but choose carefully…!
- A simple smart denim jacket will last throughout many seasons but a denim jacket covered in tassels and dangly bits is limited only to those season when the 80s cowboy look is in fashion i.e. not very often! This season go for the Bo-Ho look by wearing your denim jacket over a floaty floral dress, our Paisley Print Dress does just the trick!
- Denim dresses can be dressed up or dressed down so will form a versatile part of your new season wardrobe. Get the look with our curve flattering button front denim dress; wear it with flat pumps now and with tights, boots and a chunky knit cardigan when the weather gets cooler.
- A good fitting pair of straight leg jeans will never be far out of fashion. Go for a classic dark wash for a smarter look like our straight leg jeans and in keeping with the classic theme of the season you can’t go wrong with a crisp white shirt to create a smart/casual look, simple but effective! If you prefer a jean with more of a flare however, then make the most of the 70s trend and invest in some flattering flares. The shape of this style of jean will also help to balance out a top heavy figure, opt for a high waist to make the most of your figure and wear with a pussy bow tie silk blouse to complete the 70s vibe!
September 29th, 20100
There are some things that will never go out of fashion and as this season embraces classic tailored pieces and celebrates a return to lady like chic we think it’s about time we reinvested in a great fitting classic white shirt.
The things we love about a classic white shirt;
- It goes with anything, from formal suits and tailored pieces to more casual denim jeans or skirts.
- It will always look smart even when dressed down.
- Although we more commonly associate shirt wearing with the male of the species, we think that women pull of the look just as well and sometimes even better then men do!
- It is a style that suits all shapes and sizes.
- When freshly washed and ironed there is nothing smarter or more sophisticated than a classic white shirt.
How to wear it;
- Go for full on tailoring and wear your shirt with smart trousers and a waist coat to nail the masculine tailored look add a pair of brogues for extra fashion kudos.
- Wear it with classic dark wash, straight leg jeans and heels for a more casual look (tan shoes and accessories will look great with this combo!)
- Mix up your working wardrobe and wear your white shirt underneath a shift dress for a very Parisienne chic look.
- Dress down with a denim skirt and boots.
- Or simply wear open over a vest top and jeans.
Which ever way you choose to wear it, we think a classic white shirt should be a staple in any woman’s wardrobe!