Posts Tagged ‘ladies trends’
February 11th, 20100
Its official, the 90s are retro. This means that we can reinvent the biggest looks of the decade and reflect on the good, the bad and the down right ugly fashions and fads of the era. That’s exactly what we’re going to do, just for fun!
The things we loved about the 90s;
- The Spice Girls – girl power at its fiercest and our most coveted fashion trends, wedges anyone?
- Rachel’s hair in friends – who didn’t take a picture of her to the hairdressers and say ‘I want it like this?’
- OTT make-up
- Boy bands (911 ring any bells?)
The things we’d rather forget about the 90s;
- Lycra, enough said.
- Bumbags – not useful, just plain ugly.
- Shell suits – fashion faux-pas and fire hazard, not the best combination.
- Bad hair – mullets and perms, never again, ever!
- Double denim – wrong, wrong, wrong and sorry but we’re not accepting this as a spring 2010 trend either. We think the fashion world is having us on with that one!
As the 90s trends insist on cropping up in our spring/summer wardrobe we tell you how to rock the 90s look in 2010.
Crop tops. Modern crop tops are shorter at the front and back and have longer sides, for a more flattering effect. They are also floaty, silky and should be worn with a plain vest underneath. This way the look is more of a layered look than a bare mid-rift look. They can also be worn with a high waisted skirt or trousers to keep it classy.
Denim. Just not worn head to toe. This spring denim should be worn as anything apart from as jeans. Denim dresses, shirts, skirts and shorts should keep you going through spring, without a pair of jeans in sight!
Sportswear. Shell suits and track suits should be left in the 90s, the modern sports look is luxe. A kind of glamour meets sports day, with no intention of any actual physical activity. Works for us!
On display underwear. Well, if you’ve got it you may as well flaunt it, especially if your assets are dressed in designed to be seen underwear.