Posts Tagged ‘ladies underwear’
November 12th, 20100
No matter what your shape or size.
The industry is finally waking up to the fact that real women come in all different shapes and sizes but there is still a long way to go before real women are widely accepted by the fashion world. Appearances of plus sized models on catwalks is still seen as controversial and advertising campaigns insist on using waif like models for ‘aspirational’ purposes. However, with the rise in concern for the effects of idealised portrayals of the female form in the media on young women, there is real cause for change. But there is hope. Designers such as Mark Fast, who is known for his clingy sexy knit wear dresses, used plus sized girls for one of his catwalk shows and proved to the fashion world that larger ladies look great in his clothes and with curves in all the right places, they even looked better than some of the other models on the catwalk. Larger ladies are also holding their own in the style stakes with the rise of blogs for plus sized girls who love fashion. Celebrities such as Beth Ditto should also be applauded for their super confidence and lack of regard for those who criticised her for her size. The truth is some women are naturally slim, some are curvy, some flat chested and others have more curves than you can shake a Gok Wan at. The key to looking good however is all about confidence no matter what your size, height, weight or bra size. Everyone is different. Just think what a boring world it would be if everyone looked the same.
November 11th, 20100
If you have been blessed with big boobs, it seems unfair that in some places you can be charged more for a bra that fits. We understand that there is inevitably more fabric in a bigger bra, but clothes prices aren’t based on size so why should bra prices be?
At Bravissimo you get great service as well as value for your money, whether you’re a size 28D or a 40KK everyone gets the same expert bra fitting and same great lingerie at an affordable price. We also have an ever increasing range of clothing cut to fit and flatter bigger boobs, supporting nightwear, swimwear and sports bras with a shock absorber system so that you will be fully supported whatever activity you do! Our everyday bras have given our customers the comfort and support they need to make their day more enjoyable. We also have a range of soft cup and nursing bras to take care of your boobs when they’re under the most stress and strain. Having boobs is part of being a woman, having big boobs is part of being a Bravissimo woman. But whatever your size you should look after your boobs, give them the support they need and treat them every now and again to a beautiful new bra!
November 10th, 20100
Ever since the Mad Men series began, both men and women have been ogling over Christina Hendricks curves. She has that women want to be her; men want to be with her charm and with her curvy size 14 figure and 38E boobs she is a real inspiration to real women. When pictured on the red carpet wearing THAT custom made Zac Posen dress no-one was really interested in the fact that Mad Men had just won three Emmy awards, as all eyes were on Hendricks. And boy was it an amazing dress, custom made to fit the actresses’ voluptuous curves and in the softest lilac shade which complemented her red hair and porcelain complexion perfectly. But her appearance on the Emmy’s red carpet was more than just a curvy girl in a nice dress, it was proof that women larger than a size 6 can look great in fashionable clothes and look sexy, incredibly sexy!
What Hendricks does is promote natural beauty. Her hips are all hers, her boobs are all hers and her complexion and red hair are hers too. So we might never be a Christina or a Kate Moss but what we can celebrate is being able to make the most of our curves and feel gorgeous in our own skin. No one is perfect and we all have different ideas of what beauty is but what we can be grateful for is for someone like Hendricks to come along, be curvy and be perfectly happy with it! The 35 year old actress has become somewhat of a global phenomenon, not just for the popularity of the series but for her amazing body and all go hand in hand; the popularity of Mad Men, cleavages appearing on Autumn/Winter catwalks, the return to classic feminine looks and the growing acceptance and celebration of women’s bodies with curves in all the right places! That said, not one designer would lend Hendricks a dress and hers had to be especially made to fit her magnificent curves because standard sample sizes wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near her 38E bust or size 14 hips. Curvaceous models are being used more frequently on the catwalks with the likes of Lara Stone and Laetitia Casta appearing in Autumn/Winter 2010 shows. But too frequently these larger than your average model types are used for publicity reasons as opposed for promoting different body types and soon enough the designers are back to using standard models. But this time we think the shift in the size argument might be here to stay!
Hopefully Christina won’t bow to the pressures of Hollywood to look a certain way and we hope that she keeps her curves and keeps giving us fashion inspiration for many years to come!!
November 8th, 20100
Take a look at our new winter collection, its packed full of luscious lingerie, sumptuous sleepwear and fabulous fashion! This season has a prominent lady-like feel with sophisticated hem-lines, 1950s inspired dresses and 1970s inspired feminine blouses. And we can finally say thank-goodness for fashion that is as chic as it is wearable!
Go classic in our check shift dress, this cute shift is cut to fit and flatter bigger boobs without compromising on style. The hint of electric blue gives this dress a modern spin, wear it as it is for now and layer up with long sleeve jerseys and light weight knitwear when the weather gets cooler. In keeping with the classic theme, the herringbone dress will be a wardrobe staple for chic winter dressing. With satin trim to add a little luxury this dress is smart, sophisticated and everything winter is about! The key skirt styles for this season are 1950s A-line and pencil and we have to admit we do love a good pencil skirt as they’re a bit sassier than other skirt styles and very flattering! Soft feminine blouses are also having a thing this season. Our caramel spot shirt hits three trends in one; the colour caramel, the spot detailing and the almost sheer fabric, we love it! As well as oodles of new clothing we have new lingerie styles, nightwear and swimwear, click here to see our new collections.
November 5th, 20100
Whether it’s for a romantic meal out, a party or a work do, every woman needs a special outfit that makes her feel extra special! Our evening dresses are different to normal high street dresses as they are cut to fit bigger boobed women and we know all too well that women with bigger boobs often have to compromise on fit elsewhere in order to get their boobs in! Well, you no longer have to put up with badly fitting clothes as Bravissimo is here to the rescue, with sizes 8 – 18 and the option to choose curvy, really curvy or super curvy depending on your cup size. That way you get the best possible fit and no longer have to go up a size or three for something to fit your boobs!
Often when choosing day wear comfort is more important than style, however for those occasions when we’d like to feel a little more glamorous without giving up too much on the comfort factor then why not try some of these gorgeous evening wear dresses. Our previous lace dress was so popular last winter we’ve brought it back with updated features to improve fit. Thicker straps mean that a bra can be easily and discreetly worn underneath and the v neck line creates a very flattering shape for your boobs as well as leaving the perfect space for a dazzling necklace. The long lace sleeve will help to keep the chill of a cool autumn evening off and the sumptuous purple tone will suit any skin tone. If dazzle is your thing then we think you’ll love our Sequin Layer Evening Dress. This dark putty grey number with its sheer embellished fabric and slip lining will make you feel as good as you look. The long sleeve of this dress is perfect for those of you who prefer to keep your arms covered or for those that abide by the rule that if your legs are on show, your boobs are not and vice-versa. Jewellery should be kept to a bare minimum with this dress as the beautiful embellishment speaks for itself!
Click here to see more of our fabulous dresses for every occasion.
November 4th, 20100
Red lipstick is probably one of, if not THE most iconic make-up looks of the 1950s, the look is pure Hollywood glamour and has the glitz that goes with it! With the revival of 1950s fashion trends this season it makes sense that we have the right make-up to complete the look. There’s just something about the woman that wears red lipstick, they’re confident, sexy and ultra glamorous so why wouldn’t you want to try this make-up trend? From the Hollywood pin ups of the past; Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, Diana Dors, Brigitte Bardot to name a few, to the modern day actresses, models and pop stars who are embracing the 50s in all its glory. They all have one thing in common; gorgeous red lips. Katy Perry is a fan of the 50s look with her perfectly pin curled locks, red lips and accentuated bosom in her quirky 1950s inspired high waists and A-line skirts. Then you have the likes of Kristina Hendricks who has caused a global phenomenon with her amazing style and fabulous figure. She also proves that red heads can pull off red lipstick and boy does it look good! However red lips shouldn’t be reserved for the red carpet as it can brighten up your day time look too. Whether at work or play, red lipstick will add a bit of fun to your outfit! Wear with smart jeans, a blazer and brogues for a funky casual look or go Wall Street and add a pair of intriguing red lips to your boring office suit!
When wearing red lipstick the rest of your make-up should be kept as simple as possible, especially when wearing it during the day. Avoid the clown effect by keeping your eyes defined but not over done, a quick flash of mascara will do. Eyebrows however can be more defined to balance out the boldness of the lips. Keep blusher/bronzer to a minimum too, that way focus remains on the lips. If you have dark hair/skin tone you can pull off darker shades of plum red and purple without looking like a Goth. Those of you with dark hair but a pale complexion can work the Snow White effect with a shiny red lipstick (just remember to avoid shiny red apples!) blondes and red heads should go for full-on pillar box red to make a statement. You could also give your evening outfit extra va-va-voom with a flash of red lipstick. Embrace the trends as well as your new lip colour by adding a 50s twist to your outfit choice, a high waist skirt or pair or trousers will do the trick and will give you that all important hour glass silhouette.
November 3rd, 20100
Whether you’re planning a last minute getaway, a cheeky spa break or simply need a new swimsuit for the pool, we think you should check out our fab new range of swimwear. Plus, unlike many high street stores we sell our tops and bottoms separately so you get the best possible fit and we stock swimwear all year round making it easier for you to find what you want, when you want!
Take Bo-ho glamour to another level with the fabulous, figure enhancing Kashmir swimsuit by Faubourg. The exotic print with contrasting blues and pinks sure make this swimsuit extra special and that doesn’t get you noticed the boob boosting properties of the halterneck tie and underwire cups most definitely will! Unleash your wild side with the Salvador snake skin bikini by Pureda. The hints of lime and turquoise give this bikini a fun twist whilst the clever fabric adjusters allow you to alter the fullness of the cups. If you prefer to cover up on the beach or at the pool, then we’d recommend trying a tankini. Tankinis combine a longer top and either brief or short bottoms, they are an ideal solution for those who are body conscious and like to keep their tummy covered. The Sun Seeker bikini and tankini allows you to mix and match between a bikini or tankini top and shorts or briefs bottoms so that you can get a set that you feel most comfortable in. The Acapulco swimsuit by Ballet hits the 50s vibe with its gorgeous jade green polka dot print and waist detail shape. This swimsuit also has built in secret support to shape the tummy, bum and bust. With adjustable straps and ties to alter the leg length we think this might just be the most versatile swimsuit we’ve ever had! Wear pool side or on the beach with big sunglasses and an even bigger hat to work the 50s glamour puss look to the max.
See here view our full swimwear range here.
November 3rd, 20100
We’ve just read this lovely blog that we’d like to share with you…
It’s wonderful to hear that a customer has had a great experience shopping with us and discovering their bra size – it makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside! Our new Winter collection is available now – click here to take a peak.
November 2nd, 20100
Just because the weather has turned dull and grey doesn’t mean that our clothing has to. Prints were a huge trend for summer and will also be breathing a little life into our autumn wardrobes too. The hot prints for the new season are;
- Bo-ho prints such as small floral prints and paisley take on a new spin for the autumn season. For the cooler weather the bo-ho trend requires more layering, a floaty floral dress for example can be worn with tights, boots and long sleeve top underneath, go for a top with lace sleeves for extra fashion kudos. Our Paisley Print dress in stunning chiffon fabric is perfect for working the layered look; wear with a faux fur gilet to get the bohemian winter look just right!
- Leopard print has been around in the style stakes for a while now and doesn’t show signs of going for autumn/winter. Leopard print can be fun, wear it in accessory form for a more subtle take on the trend (a bag, a belt, a scarf) or unleash your wild side with a leopard print dress or top, or even a bra (check out the new Cheeky Monkey bra in leopard print with purple velvet detail)!
- Check, we often think that we pull off menswear trends better than they do and the checked shirt is no exception! Keep it feminine with a shorter style and fitted shape or go oversized and wear with leggings, a chunky cardigan and boots. Bold black and white or black and red check are the classic go to when looking for a checked shirt but a natural check can give a softer look. Our Check Shirt in neutral tones with a flash of blue looks great with denim or could be dressed up with this season’s camel coloured trousers. It’s also cut to accommodate big boobs, has a flattering empire line and won’t leave gapping button holes.
- Polka dot, think glamorous 1950s pin ups such as Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly in classic 50s shapes and polka dot designs. We love the 50s for style inspiration as it was all about having those desirable curves and great fitting clothes to show them off in! If you’re a dots fan then we think you’ll love our Spot Shirt, the beige background and caramel spots are bang on trend for this season and should stand the test of time in the style stakes too! The semi sheer fabric gives a light touch whilst the double buttons add detail and of course it’s a great fit from sizes 8 – 18 curvy – super curvy.
- Floral is also a keeper for autumn/winter and sticking with the shirt theme we have a floral print style that’s great for in between season dressing. The three quarter sleeves and half button up front give this shirt a more casual feel and the empire line and v-neck collar provide a flattering shape. The blues and reds in the print look great with jeans but will also work well with grey or navy trousers as an alternative. The floral print of this particular shirt is a small, ditsy floral print, but whether you wear your prints big or small make sure you invest in some bright designs to help brighten your mood this winter!
November 1st, 20100
Every woman has her preference when it comes to choosing a bra style. Some women like to wear a bra with some form of padding; others choose to wear softer sheer cup bras and others like something in between. Your choice might be based on what you intend to wear the bra with or simply what you feel most comfortable in. That’s why we aim to bring you as much choice as possible when it comes to style. With a wide range of full cup, balconette, t-shirt and multi-way bras plus many other styles, we hope you find what you’re looking for or even find something new. To make things a little easier and for those of you that prefer a sheer cup as opposed to a padded cup, we’ve rounded up our top 5 sheer cup styles.
- The Jolie bra by Freya; the intricate lace detail of this bra makes it stand out and with a choice of black or white we think the Jolie bra could become one of your favourites for everyday wear.
- The Arabella bra also by Freya combines sheer black fabric with zingy lime trim detailing. This bra gives great lift and shape which will keep you comfortable and fully supported all day long.
- The Lucy bra; this gorgeous mesh bra by Cleo comes in two equally gorgeous colours; aqua and coral. The embroidery detailing adds a feminine touch whilst the bra’s balconette shape creates a fantastic up front boob booster.
- The Ariza bra by Panache; we just love the new teal/hot pink colourway for autumn in this bra style. The detailing on this bra is simply divine and looks just as good in the nude, black and white colourways too!
- The Andorra bra by Panache has a full cup shape but as it’s made from fine stretch lace it remains delicate looking. We particularly like the pearl tone in this bra as it has a slightly vintage feel to it, so you can feel like a glamorous 50s pin up any day you fancy!
Don’t be fooled however by the delicate appearance of these sheer cup bras, they are just as supportive as our other styles!