Posts Tagged ‘prints’
November 2nd, 20100
Just because the weather has turned dull and grey doesn’t mean that our clothing has to. Prints were a huge trend for summer and will also be breathing a little life into our autumn wardrobes too. The hot prints for the new season are;
- Bo-ho prints such as small floral prints and paisley take on a new spin for the autumn season. For the cooler weather the bo-ho trend requires more layering, a floaty floral dress for example can be worn with tights, boots and long sleeve top underneath, go for a top with lace sleeves for extra fashion kudos. Our Paisley Print dress in stunning chiffon fabric is perfect for working the layered look; wear with a faux fur gilet to get the bohemian winter look just right!
- Leopard print has been around in the style stakes for a while now and doesn’t show signs of going for autumn/winter. Leopard print can be fun, wear it in accessory form for a more subtle take on the trend (a bag, a belt, a scarf) or unleash your wild side with a leopard print dress or top, or even a bra (check out the new Cheeky Monkey bra in leopard print with purple velvet detail)!
- Check, we often think that we pull off menswear trends better than they do and the checked shirt is no exception! Keep it feminine with a shorter style and fitted shape or go oversized and wear with leggings, a chunky cardigan and boots. Bold black and white or black and red check are the classic go to when looking for a checked shirt but a natural check can give a softer look. Our Check Shirt in neutral tones with a flash of blue looks great with denim or could be dressed up with this season’s camel coloured trousers. It’s also cut to accommodate big boobs, has a flattering empire line and won’t leave gapping button holes.
- Polka dot, think glamorous 1950s pin ups such as Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly in classic 50s shapes and polka dot designs. We love the 50s for style inspiration as it was all about having those desirable curves and great fitting clothes to show them off in! If you’re a dots fan then we think you’ll love our Spot Shirt, the beige background and caramel spots are bang on trend for this season and should stand the test of time in the style stakes too! The semi sheer fabric gives a light touch whilst the double buttons add detail and of course it’s a great fit from sizes 8 – 18 curvy – super curvy.
- Floral is also a keeper for autumn/winter and sticking with the shirt theme we have a floral print style that’s great for in between season dressing. The three quarter sleeves and half button up front give this shirt a more casual feel and the empire line and v-neck collar provide a flattering shape. The blues and reds in the print look great with jeans but will also work well with grey or navy trousers as an alternative. The floral print of this particular shirt is a small, ditsy floral print, but whether you wear your prints big or small make sure you invest in some bright designs to help brighten your mood this winter!