Posts Tagged ‘summer holiday’
August 12th, 20120
Today is the last day of The Olympics and that makes us sad. What exactly did we do with our time before we got caught up in this whirlwind of excitement, tension and medal ceremonies? What’s next on the agenda and what else do we have to look forward to? Well, judging by reports, a record number of us will be flying off tomorrow to summer destinations from all over the UK, and that’s not including the tired and achy athletes going home. So if your summer holiday is still to come and you have yet to start that dreaded packing (how is a girl going to fit 10 pairs of shoes into a 15 kilo bag?). Here’s our Holiday Wardrobe Checklist to take the stress out of packing.
- 1 pair rubber soled shoes like flip flops are essential, those pebbles can hurt and the sand is hot (leave these behind and you will be doing the classic “I forget my flip flops hopping dance” all the way from the sea).
- 1 sarong
- 1 white cotton or linen oversized shirt (great as a beach cover-up) like the Linen Roll Sleeve Shirt in white
- 1 hat (foldable would be good)
- 2 pairs of Sunglasses (in case you lose one)
- 1 pair of light wedged shoes (for the evenings)
- 1 pair of flat sandals (for sightseeing)
- 5 dresses, 2 for the beach and 3 for evening, like the Tribal Full Skirt Dress in multi and the Lurex Swing Dress in lemon (can be dressed up or down)
- 1 maxi dress, try the Floral Embellished Maxi Dress in black/pink (perfect for the evening)
- 1 pair of tailored shorts, like the Shimmer Shorts in gold, to wear with…
- 1 jersey top, like the Twist Jersey Top in white (again, can be worn day or night)
- 1 stylish swimsuit, like the Carabero Swimsuit by Bravissimo, available in amethyst or, if you are a bikini girl, the stunning Callisto Bikini Top by Masquerade Beachwear, with matching Swim Briefs or Swim Tie Sides in burnt orange
- And don’t forget your favourite Bravissimo lingerie!
If you are going away soon, have a fabulous time. If not, you can bask in the glow of all those gold medals. Well Done Team GB.
August 12th, 20110
If you haven’t yet been away or if you have a weekend away planned, (somewhere you can eat alfresco without getting drenched!) we can help you find some last minute swimwear bargains in our fantastic Bravissimo sale and also give you some top tips on getting your body buffed and beautiful, so you are happy and confident when you hit the beach.
A couple of days before you go away, book yourself in for a leg and bikini wax, this will give your skin time to heal before you have to start using sun protection or a tanning product. If you feel your skin is too pale and you want a hint of colour before your strip off, then try one of the moisturising tanning body lotions. These products build up colour gradually, they work differently to self tan, and the effect won’t be so dramatic. Because they are more subtle, you won’t be left with orange hands or ankles. Remember to buy one that is suited to your skin tone, they usually come in ‘fair to medium’ and ‘medium to dark’. You can also use this product whilst you’re away, post-shower as a moisturiser, and it will continue to enhance a natural tan.
Body oil is a holiday essential and it will keep your arms and legs wonderfully moisturised, nourished and smooth after a day on the beach (again, use it after a shower). Don’t forget a professional pedicure or manicure, or just get a friend to do it for you. When choosing a nail color, go for something vibrant and summery that will look great against a light tan; tangerine, coral, bright red or fuchsia are good choices, or you could choose something really on trend like turquoise.
Lastly don’t forget your hair, summer hair is actually very easy to look after, just run some conditioner through your hair before you head for the beach and choose an easy style like a ponytail or braid.
So now you are looking beach beautiful, take a look at our pick of the best sale bikinis on offer. The Morocco Mix Triangle Bikini Top by Free is a gorgeous ethnic inspired bikini, which comes in lilac and cream. The tie briefs are available in a polka dot lilac print with a lovely bead feature on the side ties. The bikini top is a wire-free triangle bikini. The Havanna Bikini Top by Free is a very stylish bikini, it is an underwired bandeau style top in a check print, available in blue. The top can be worn as a halterneck, or strapless if you want to tan without strap marks. And finally the Circus Bikini Top by Freya is a really fun bikini, with its pop art multi-coloured print. It is a soft triangle top with light padding and has two options for bikini bottoms, bikini briefs in blue with a white spot print or a fold brief which are a contrast of white spot print and multi-coloured print.