Posts Tagged ‘summer’
July 8th, 20100
If you’re fed up of struggling to find tops that fit and feel like you always have to compromise on something, whether it’s the size or the style just to get your boobs in, then fear not Bravissimo is here! It’s amazing that something as simple as a well fitting top can make a girl so happy, but here at Bravissimo we understand just how frustrating it can be when you can’t find the right fit. We also understand how liberating it can feel when you do. That’s why we’ve sourced some great fitting and flattering tops that will fit your style as well as your boobs!
Each of our tops is designed to fit and flatter bigger boobs, whilst also offering the highest amount of comfort and support. We have a great range of everyday basic tops that will become staples in your wardrobe as well as more fashion forward tops that are stylish AND fabulous fitting in sizes 8-18, curvy – super curvy.
Thought you couldn’t wear strapless? Think again! Our basic tops have a built in bra with bra back fastening, underwires and moulded cups for the ultimate fit and support. The bandeau strappy top offers all this support and the option to wear as a halterneck or strapless. In shades of emerald green, lemon, orange and white, all you have to do now is decide which colour you want! (We think strapless tops are great for avoiding those oh so embarrassing tan marks when you get caught out in the sun, just remember the sun cream so you don’t burn those bare shoulders!) If you feel more secure wearing tops with straps then try the classic vest top in black, red and white which gives great support and the built in bra means no showing bra straps or awkward lines created underneath. This style is perfect too for layering under shirts and cardigans as well as looking great worn as it is!
The pintuck jersey top doesn’t have integral support but it does have plenty of room for your boobs and is machine washable, unlike some of the tops with built in bras. It comes in a choice of black, white, red or sea green and looks as good with a pencil skirt and jacket as it does with linen trousers and flip-flops, a real wardrobe staple!
July 7th, 20100
Swimwear has become fashionable and is now as important as your summer wardrobe! We love classic spots, stripes and checks for beach time fun and we’re just going dotty for this 50’s inspired polka dot bikini. The Soprano bikini in classic black and white is fun, funky and fashionable, just what we want for our summer holiday. The tie detailing gives this bikini a feminine touch so you’ll feel confident and fully supported on the beach. Sticking with the dot theme is the Cocopalm bikini with a choice of deep briefs or tie side briefs. This bikini has light padding for extra oomph and the warm shades of purple and orange will look sensational with your holiday tan. Going on holiday is all about getting away from it all, the stress of everyday life and your normal routine, but we know that you also like to look your best when hitting the beach. The striped Miami bikini has a choice of alterneck or triangle style top so that you can choose the right style that you feel most comfortable in. Either way, this bikini is colourful, cheerful and cleavage boosting! The fold brief option gives you the choice to cover up a little more too, this style of brief sits higher on the hips for those of you that like to feel more covered. Bring out your flirty side in our Gingham bikini, this gorgeous bikini is pretty, feminine and a little bit cheeky. The lightly padded cups ensure a boob boost whilst the ruffle details add a fun girlie feel. Choose from high waist deep briefs that give this bikini a 50’s scarlet look or the low rise briefs with ruffled hem for a more modern look.
Well, you didn’t want boring swimwear did you?!
July 6th, 20100
Ever feel like your clothes are taking over your home? Are you guilty of using a floordrobe instead of a wardrobe? Then it’s time to get organised! Having a good sort out of the contents of your wardrobes/drawers/piles of clothes you have is great way to become more organised in your outfit choices too! It should also make it much easier to get dressed in a morning, especially if you can actually find the top you want to wear that goes perfectly with that skirt.
Clothes should be organised in a way that makes sense to you. However;
- Organising by style makes it easier to put an outfit together and will also help when you need to find something quickly.
- You can also sort by casual wear and evening wear, keeping your best clothes separate is a good idea when particular fabrics are concerned. Silks can be kept away from more abrasive textures and fabrics such as cashmere should always be stored in moth-proof bags, particularly this time of year, they do go for the good stuff!
- Sorting by colour can make picking out an item much easier, this will help you to distinguish which colours you tend to go for the most and what colours are missing from your wardrobe. We all have our ‘safe’ colours, but by organising your clothes and finding out which colours are missing could open a whole new exciting area for you to explore.
- Don’t stop at clothes get your shoes, accessories and handbags organised too! Having accessories such as belts and jewellery on display will encourage you to wear what you have rather than sticking to the same old pieces. We can often forget we have certain accessories when they are kept tucked away in a drawer or cupboard, so by seeing them we might remember to wear them and make the most of the accessories we already have!
Unfortunately we can’t all have a walk-in wardrobe à la Carrie Bradshaw, but most of us could better organise the clothes we do have to make the most of what we’ve already got and you never know what hidden gems you might find tucked away at the back of your wardrobe!
June 29th, 20100
Our high summer collection has arrived and we just had to tell you about these fantastic new dresses, there’s one for every occasion! Here are some of our best day time dresses…
Graphic Print Shift Dress hits the print trend without being over the top. The retro feel of this dress gives it a high place in the fashion stakes and the cut fits and flatters in all the right places! To crank up the 70s vibe of this dress, wear with red, orange and brown accessories.
Like a walk on the wild side? Our Tailored Safari Dress will keep you cool in the office, but throw on the accessories at 5pm to take this dress into the evening. The neutral tone of this dress works best with natural/earthy tones, it comes with the plaited belt to define the waist so just add a couple of bangles and some statement earrings and you’re ready for a wild night. Whether you’re hunting clothes, men or simply a place to go for dinner with the girls, this dress will definitely get you in the mood!
If you’re looking for a casual dress that is easy to wear and accessorise than why not try the Ruffle Front Dress. This particular style has a sporty feel to it with its cute collar and button down neckline. The hot pink detailing adds a spark of colour, whilst the ruffle front and gathers around the bust will ensure there is plenty of room for your boobs.
Hit the colour trend with our Cotton Pleat Summer Dress. This gorgeous sundress will ensure you keep cool, whilst looking hot on summer days. The A-line shape of this dress gives a flattering silhouette and the thicker straps mean no flashing bra straps to detract from the beautiful bright colour.
June 14th, 20100
Pastel tones are now invading our make-up bags as well as our wardrobes. So here’s a quick guide to getting the pastel make-up revolution right.
- Focus on the eyes. Hints of pastel shades should be worn on the eyelid and under your lower lashes.
- Don’t over do it by applying eyeshadow too heavily, instead keep it looking soft and pretty by applying colours lightly.
- Mix different pastel tones for effect. A brighter flash of green or blue on the lower lid can be balanced out with a more neutral pink or lilac on the upper lid.
- Mascara should be applied sparingly, use just enough to define your lashes without clogging them and making them appear too heavy. That way your eyes will look soft and fresh, which is what this look is about.
- With the colour emphasis around the eyes, keep the rest of your make-up simple. Use a light powder over your regular foundation to achieve a matte finish this will set off your pastely eyes perfectly!
- Add a nude or pink toned gloss to lips to complete this soft bo-ho look, wear your hair in a loose braid and team with a floaty floral dress and denim waistcoat for the full bo-ho effect.
- If you’re unsure about pastel tones and think they might not suit you make-up wise then try a pastel nail polish instead. Nail polish is huge this summer as we prepare for flip-flops and sandal weather but whether you decide to clash your polish or match it with your outfit, there is one rule; make it a pastel shade.
June 10th, 20100
Festivals are fashionable places, but they’re also muddy, crowded and the fact that you only get a shower if you’re lucky makes it difficult to look your best. The general festival look is funky bo-ho, the kind of look that seems easy but actually takes a fair amount of planning and with limited wardrobe space in your tent, multi-functional pieces for clever dressing are essential.
Thanks to the glorious British weather, most outdoor festivals will become muddy so be prepared for anything, from a little soft ground under foot to full on mud baths! That’s why footwear choices should be sensible, don’t take your favourite pair of sandals as they will inevitably get ruined. Wellies are a good idea especially for UK festivals; however, novelty wellies are out. Instead go for a plain black or green and that way more attention can be paid to your outfit!
What to take;
- Utility style shorts, stylish and practical especially if they have pockets!
- Plenty of vest/tee-shirt tops always come in handy. Vests and strappy tops with integral support are great as you won’t need to take lots of different bras with you.
- A couple of skirts/dresses/playsuits, dresses are an easy throw on outfit and will save space in you bag for other things
- Something warm, we don’t want to sound like your mother, but it does get cold when the sun goes down so a couple of warm layers are essential. Plus a waterproof jacket, light weight layers are usually best.
- A few funky accessories will dress up a casual outfit, the more bangles the better and festivals are great places to get away with more unusual accessories such as hats, head pieces and more eclectic jewellery so don’t be afraid to be bold and try something new!
What to avoid;
- We do love a maxi dress, but they’re just not practical. Great for the city or on the beach or in a park but not great for mud, struggling through crowds of people or frequenting the porter-loos.
- Don’t take anything too expensive, the festival look is somewhat cheap and cheerful so don’t risk loosing your designer sunglasses, I-pod or favourite piece of clothing!
- Try not to take too many clothes as you will probably stick to a couple of pieces of clothing for the majority of the time (that’s why accessories are great, they allow you to change the look of an outfit without changing the whole thing!
Festival must haves;
- Cleansing wipes
- Toilet roll/tissues
- Anti-bacterial hand gel (clever invention)
- Sun cream
- Sunglasses (the more outrageous the better)
- Back pack, hands free handbag, that’s what we’re talking about!
- Dry shampoo and hair accessories to disguise unwashed hair
June 8th, 20100
Helpful advice on which shape bikini or swimsuit to choose for your shape. Us bigger boobed girls can have a tough time finding swimwear that fits, we’d like swimwear that keeps us in proportion whilst making the most of our assets.
If you want to define your waist; a full swimsuit will help to create a smooth silhouette and keep your stomach covered. Our Fern swimsuit will do just that, with its clever print that slims the figure and integral support to make sure your boobs stay in the right place. A strapless swimsuit can also help to define the waist, the Casablanca swimsuit in striking red has a detachable halterneck and light tummy control to help you feel your best on the beach!
If you want to slim your hips; a bandeau style top will balance a larger lower half. If however, you prefer a fuller swimsuit then the Chevron swimsuit skims the hips with flattering lines that will also balance out bigger boobs. The Skye bikini has tie detailing to the briefs that will flatter your hips and keep you a little more covered than other brief styles. The pattern on this bikini also creates complimentary lines to flatter your shape.
Boob flattering; styles; if you like a full swimsuit but also like to make the most of your assets than try the I love dots swimsuit. It gives great cleavage with its halterneck shape and deep neck line but remains modest by covering the tummy. With a little light padding the Sahara plunge bikini in cherryade will give your boobs a boost and get you noticed on the beach.
If you prefer to cover up; on the beach then a tankini and shorts combo could be your perfect beach wear solution. The tankini style top will give your boobs all the support they need, whilst the extra length will keep your tummy covered. Shorts also provide a little extra cover for those that are conscious about their lower halves. We have tankini options in the Sandon print which is a colourful spot print, the Athens print, a gorgeous blue and white print with white loop detailing and the Shanghai print which is a beautiful oriental floral print. We also have colour block tankinis for those of you that prefer something more simple. The Geneva swimsuit range comprises tankini, bikini, swimsuit, briefs, shorts and fold over briefs in black or coral pink (tankini and bottoms only). The Dare to Dazzle tankini in Azure is a classic shape in a bold colour which you will wear time and time again thanks to its flattering shape and reliable support! The Cyprus bikini comes with the option of a skirted brief which acts as a mini sarong for those conscious of their bottom halves.
For those sporty; types we have a range of swimsuits for swimming enthusiasts (rather than sun bathing enthusiasts) all with built in wire free support for extra comfort whilst you’re doing lengths!
June 4th, 20100
Some loved it, some hated it, some still haven’t seen it yet but one thing’s for sure this film is worth a watch even just for the elaborate fashion and the idealism of jet setting with your 4 best friends without a budget (a girl can dream).
The sequel to the first Sex and The City film has been long anticipated and so expectations were inevitably high. We were dazzled in the first film by the outfits as well as the boisterous story line, the second film however combines a very (borderline OTT) glamorous storyline with the real issues of marriage, trust and modern relationships. As the girls adjust to new stages in their lives, three of them married and Samantha readjusting to the single gal life, we learn that all is not rosy after you say ‘I do’. The film also brings up the reality of motherhood and for those with children (and without a full time nanny like Charlotte and Miranda) there’s a moment of praise in there for you too!
Although there are plenty of ups and downs between the couples and the girls themselves (without giving too much away for those of you that haven’t seen it yet) they pull through for one another and remind us that no matter what is going on with our relationships, you can always rely on your friends. And if you’re friends with Samantha, get you into and subsequently thrown out of some of the classiest places in the world!
June 1st, 20100
The military trend is nothing new in the fashion stakes. However, modern military is about subtle colours and is all in the detail;
- double breasted buttoning
- fierce footwear
- and tough accessories
For an easy way to adopt this look, team soft tailored khaki trousers with a crisp white shirt and brown belt. A structured top with double breasted detailing will work well with jeans, but be careful with how this detailing sits, as it can draw too much attention to large breasts. Coats on the other hand are easy to combat the military trend. A simple coat with double breasted buttons is chic but simple enough to be worn all year round. Although, this look has a tough edge, it is still a feminine trend. The key is to use accessories to accentuate your curves. A slim waist belt pulled in over an oversized shirt or worn over a khaki jacket will help to retain a womanly feel.
The military chic look also over laps with another of this season’s big trends, shorts. Tailored shorts which finish just above the knee are the most flattering shape (not all of us can, or really want to wear hot-pants anymore!). Or, if you prefer a more subtle look, over an all out military coupe, try an A-line skirt in khaki or stone, wear with a simple blouse in the office or a sexy cami for an evening.
May 23rd, 20100
It’s almost BBQ weather and we can’t wait to get the coals burning and get our burger buns at the ready! We feel as though we’ve been talking about summer forever, but as ‘real’ summer finally begins we can now get really excited! The British are however, notoriously bad at BBQs. We tend to burn the food, fill our neighbours washing with smoke and always forget something important! It usually rains too, making what was supposed to be a glorious outdoor party into a cramped in door half hearted meal. However, here’s how you can make your BBQ fool proof;
- Rather than doing too much planning do too little, when we plan something so far in advance, something is sure to go wrong. I.E. it pours down when we’ve planned our BBQ/summer party. Instead, make your BBQ a spontaneous one to outsmart the British weather.
- Get some supplies in, this way you can have your BBQ at short notice and jump on board when you get that, mmmmm… I just fancy a BBQ feeling.
- Disposable BBQs do the job just as well as proper ones, well almost, and are great when on holiday or if you have little space to work with.
- Try something more exciting. Now, we’re not saying we’re not fans of burgers and sausages but why not try something a bit more exotic on your Barbie? Fish can be fantastic when barbequed and gives a very different taste than other methods of cooking. Spicy chicken thighs also work well and you can’t beat a meat/veg kebab combo!
- Ensure you have a yummy cocktail on hand to help to wash down all the BBQ food. One of our favourites is a pitcher of Pimms and leamonade - add lots of fruit such as strawberries, cucumber, apple and orange to give it that extra summer touch.
- Planning a BBQ or garden party is also a fantastic reason to get in shape. Gardening is a great form of exercise and as well as getting your garden into shape, you’ll also be getting yourself into shape too!