Posts Tagged ‘swimwear’
February 15th, 20110
Whether you’ve planned your summer holiday yet or not this year you’ll be counting down the days until your jollies with our gorgeous new range of swimwear. If you’re a bikini, tankini or swimsuit girl, we have something for everyone.
Unleash your wild side with the Safari Halter Bikini by Pureda. The lightly padded cups give fantastic cleavage and great support, plus the added benefit of the fabric adjusters on the straps means that you control how much coverage you have. Choose from classic briefs or fold over briefs with contrasting black fabric to complete the look.
The circus range by Freya comes with more options than you can shake a lion tamer’s stick at! The Circus print is a fun patchwork inspired print that is bold, colourful and will get you noticed for all the right reasons. There is a choice of a bra style top with underwiring or a soft cup triangle top. For the bottom half choose from classic styled briefs in complementing blue polka dot or printed briefs with blue polka dot fold over detailing.
If you prefer a little more coverage however, you could try a tankini as they provide more cover but are also more fun and less awkward on the beach than a full swimsuit. The Loren tankini by Panache in bold, bright and on trend blue is just what the doctor ordered. The underwires in the tankini top will give you great support whilst the extra fabric covers the tummy for those who prefer to keep this area under wraps. Go for the ruched briefs which have a plain blue front to break up the print or tie side briefs which allow you to adjust coverage. This range is also available in a bikini so you can mix and match tops and bottoms to your heart’s content.
We also have a range of fabulous swimsuits from the classy black and white lines of the Taylor swimsuit with its clever slimming panel design to the luxurious paisley print of the Kashmir swimsuit. The new Anna swimsuit by Panache is simple yet effective; the plain black design will look just as good at the pool as it will on the beach. With an underwire fit, clasp back fastening and adjustable straps you’re guaranteed a great fitting and comfortable swimsuit to wear whenever and wherever, although we reckon a beach in the Bahamas would probably be our first choice!
January 13th, 20110
After the endless nights of parties at work, at home and with friends and family the reality of January seems to swing round all too quick. This can leave us feeling a little down in the dumps but instead of letting the start of the New Year cause us sorrow we have decided to embrace the New Year for the right reasons. So how will you see the New Year in? Maybe you’re planning a new look, a hair cut or colour that you’ve always wanted to try. Maybe you have a new job, new home or new man in your life. Either way there are plenty of reasons to avoid the blues this January.
1) The beginning of a new year has fresh start written all over it and fills us with great plans and anticipation for what the next 12 months has to offer. So get a pen and paper now and decide what you want to do this year.
2) There’s another 11 and a bit months until we have to deal with the pressure of Christmas again including gift buying, party outfit effort and the whirlwind feeling that goes with the festive season, so time to take a breather.
3) There are still 5months until the start of summer so plenty of time to work on the beach body that you might not have quite achieved last year. Check out or stunning range of swimsuits and bikinis for inspiration, why not print the page with you favourite style and stick it on the fridge to help you to focus on your beach body goal.
4) If all else fails, there’s nothing like a new underwear set to perk up your day. Plus the beauty of wearing fabulous lingerie, especially under everyday clothes, is that only you will know the reason behind the huge smile on your face. So why not keep them guessing and wear great underwear on your average days and see what difference it makes!
January 4th, 20110
It’s the question on everyone’s lips; who gets the task of designing Kate Middleton’s wedding dress? And more importantly what will it be like? Will she go flamboyant and go for a big dress or opt for something simple and elegant? Rumours are rife about who might get the job and we’re sure that a lot of effort will be going into keeping the dress maker a secret, for as long as possible anyway. We’re sure however that it won’t take long for someone to spill the beans and find out the truth about the designer to the royal wedding.
A wedding dress is one of the most important things to get right on your wedding day, save for finding the right man to marry but usually that’s already been a while in the making. However, just as important as having the right dress is what is worn underneath. The style of underwear needs to fit the style and shape of the dress as well as allowing the wearer to feel comfortable and supported all day long as this is paramount to how the bride will feel on the big day. No matter how expensive the dress is, wearing your old strapless bra underneath will do everything to make you feel less than special. Although with a more or less infinite budget we’re positive that Kate won’t have a problem finding the right lingerie to go with her elusive wedding dress. Not every bride-to-be is as lucky, but don’t panic, Bravissimo has a whole range of bridal lingerie to suit every taste as well every dress in sizes D-KK. From straps to strapless, bodies to basques, plus don’t forget the swimwear for the honeymoon and extra special sets to ensure your love life is as hot as the honeymoon destination!
November 19th, 20100
Just thought we’d share with you a photo of our “Pyjama Party” theme day in the office today for Children in Need. We’ve had a lovely day and raised money for a very worthy cause. The girls serving hot chocolate and gingerbread men this afternoon went down a storm …..
November 11th, 20100
If you have been blessed with big boobs, it seems unfair that in some places you can be charged more for a bra that fits. We understand that there is inevitably more fabric in a bigger bra, but clothes prices aren’t based on size so why should bra prices be?
At Bravissimo you get great service as well as value for your money, whether you’re a size 28D or a 40KK everyone gets the same expert bra fitting and same great lingerie at an affordable price. We also have an ever increasing range of clothing cut to fit and flatter bigger boobs, supporting nightwear, swimwear and sports bras with a shock absorber system so that you will be fully supported whatever activity you do! Our everyday bras have given our customers the comfort and support they need to make their day more enjoyable. We also have a range of soft cup and nursing bras to take care of your boobs when they’re under the most stress and strain. Having boobs is part of being a woman, having big boobs is part of being a Bravissimo woman. But whatever your size you should look after your boobs, give them the support they need and treat them every now and again to a beautiful new bra!
November 3rd, 20100
Whether you’re planning a last minute getaway, a cheeky spa break or simply need a new swimsuit for the pool, we think you should check out our fab new range of swimwear. Plus, unlike many high street stores we sell our tops and bottoms separately so you get the best possible fit and we stock swimwear all year round making it easier for you to find what you want, when you want!
Take Bo-ho glamour to another level with the fabulous, figure enhancing Kashmir swimsuit by Faubourg. The exotic print with contrasting blues and pinks sure make this swimsuit extra special and that doesn’t get you noticed the boob boosting properties of the halterneck tie and underwire cups most definitely will! Unleash your wild side with the Salvador snake skin bikini by Pureda. The hints of lime and turquoise give this bikini a fun twist whilst the clever fabric adjusters allow you to alter the fullness of the cups. If you prefer to cover up on the beach or at the pool, then we’d recommend trying a tankini. Tankinis combine a longer top and either brief or short bottoms, they are an ideal solution for those who are body conscious and like to keep their tummy covered. The Sun Seeker bikini and tankini allows you to mix and match between a bikini or tankini top and shorts or briefs bottoms so that you can get a set that you feel most comfortable in. The Acapulco swimsuit by Ballet hits the 50s vibe with its gorgeous jade green polka dot print and waist detail shape. This swimsuit also has built in secret support to shape the tummy, bum and bust. With adjustable straps and ties to alter the leg length we think this might just be the most versatile swimsuit we’ve ever had! Wear pool side or on the beach with big sunglasses and an even bigger hat to work the 50s glamour puss look to the max.
See here view our full swimwear range here.
September 25th, 20100
We can’t help but notice the few degrees Celsius we’ve lost over the past few weeks as well as the amount of rain we’ve been having but we don’t think we’re ready for the end of summer just yet. It doesn’t seem like that long ago that we were getting excited to wear our maxi dresses, flip-flops and worrying about getting ourselves into bikinis for our summer holidays and now we have to face the reality of knitwear and finding a new winter coat. Last winter was a long (and snowy) one so there’s no wonder we’re feeling a little blue over the changing seasons. However, before winter comes autumn and autumn is actually a very beautiful season. Yes it’s generally windier and rainier than summer or spring but with new season trends you can combat the worsening weather with an aviator jacket, a print scarf and a pair of must have shoe boots. Haha! Take that unpredictable weather, we can and will look good whatever irrational weather you throw our way!
Weather proof dressing;
- Belt your scarf, drape a colourful scarf around your neck and wear with a thin waist belt around your outer layers. This look works well with an oversized cardigan and will stop the wind from blowing your scarf into the face of an unassuming passerby.
- Invest in weather proof shoe boots. Suede, stiletto heels and shoes with no grip are not weather friendly. This season’s shoe boots however are strong, sturdy and come with a good sole. We recommend a hiker style shoe boot with a slight heel as they have a gripped sole based on a hiking boot, who says fashion can’t also be practical?
- Layers, layers, layers. It’s the only way to beat the changing weather. If you have recently left the house in piles of knitwear because it was cold in the morning to later melt with the heat when the sun has come out then take note; just because a day starts off chilly doesn’t mean that it won’t brighten up later on. On the same note, just because it’s August still it doesn’t mean that flip-flops and little dresses are automatically considered appropriate dress, if it’s cold outside please put a coat on!
Next season is all about easy to wear feminine styles so don’t be down in the dumps over the approach of autumn, embrace it in style!
July 29th, 20100
Earlier this month, the Eden Project promoted the ‘Big Lunch’, this government backed initiative is to encourage people that live in the same neighbourhood to get together and enjoy
home-made food together. Over 700,000 people took part last year so why not get involved and organise a street party in your neighbourhood? You probably already vaguely know the people that live on your street, but why not get to know them better and put together an event that could bring your neighbourhood closer together?
We think this is a great excuse for a party and an opportunity to build a stronger bond between families that live in your area. As adults, we tend to make our friends and stick with them and don’t socialise as much as we did when we were younger. So bring the children along, plan your event and get to know your neighbours better over great home-made food, you never know there might be some great cooks on your street, which is always good to know!
Here are some ideas to help you to plan your own party;
- Get each household to bring a dish from a different country, that way you get to try different dishes as well as experimenting with your own cooking skills.
- Have a street BBQ, this may require more than one BBQ but the relaxed atmosphere of a BBQ especially when the weather is good can’t be beaten!
- Go for a picnic, if your street is a less than desirable place to eat or if you’re getting together with a few people on different streets or live in flats, then why not take a picnic to your local park? There will be plenty of room for everyone and you won’t get in the way of those who didn’t want to join the party.
- Have a tea party, if making enough food to feed a whole street just sounds like too much hard work then go for a tea party instead. So long as there is plenty of tea, enough milk and something sweet to nibble on, everyone should be happy.
Visit www.thebiglunch.com for more details and ideas of how to get your own street party started.
July 28th, 20100
We Brits love a picnic and whether you go for haute cuisine or a simple French baguette and cheese, there’s nothing like enjoying the great outdoors with some yummy food and a flask
of tea of course! So here are some ideas to make a perfect picnic;
- Make it a home-made picnic, sandwiches and salads are much cheaper and often healthier when made at home. A little bit of effort goes a long way when it comes to food so make
sure you have enough time to prepare your dishes and do some preparation the evening before if you plan on leaving early the next day.
- If it’s an impromptu picnic, get the basics; bread, cheese, ham, salad and get stuck in with your fingers!
- Try making wraps instead of sandwiches, it’s much more fun! Carrot and cucumber batons with hummus are also a healthier option than breadsticks.
- Use leftovers, made too much pasta again for dinner? Then use what’s left to make a pasta salad, just add some pesto, ham, olives and serve with rocket for a full flavour dish.
- Take something sweet to complete the feast make sure you have something to satisfy your sweet cravings. Cakes, scones and strawberries with cream will round off a very British day out nicely.
- Don’t forget the props, the food is sorted but it’s the blanket, chairs, plates, games to keep the kids entertained and extras that will make your picnic more comfortable and enjoyable!
July 10th, 20100
Have some fun on the beach this summer with our funky floral bikinis, in an array of different styles and shapes we’re sure you’ll find the perfect fit! The India bikini in white with shimmering silver details that catch the sun will look great with a tan and add a little glamour to your beach wear. The ruched sides make this a very clever bikini too as it allows you to adjust the fullness of the cups, plus choose from tie side or ruched briefs according to your preference.
The contrasting colours of the Flirty Floral bikini are sure to get you noticed, that’s if the boob boosting effect of this gorgeous bikini/tankini set doesn’t! Tankinis are a great alternative for those of you that like to feel more covered up on the beach and are conscious of the tummy area. However, this style is grown up and will give you just as much of a boob boost as the bikini version! If you like the sound of that then you might also like the Fabulous Fuschia bikini/tankini too! This particular style goes up to a K cup so no matter what your size, you can feel supported and uplifted in this hot pink set! For the ultimate in bo-ho chic this summer why not try the Paisley bikini, this gorgeous print is soft and feminine but ensures great support all day long. With double string, ruffle and low centre front detailing this bikini has more than enough features to get you noticed. The soft colours and subtle print also suits most skin tones. Cover up with our Halterneck Beach Dress and add some bohemian inspired jewellery to take this bikini from beach to pool side lunch or drinks in no time!
You can’t beat a great fitting, boob boosting bikini for ultimate pool side confidence!