Posts Tagged ‘tops’
November 9th, 20100
Autumn/Winter catwalks were full of new looks, from the simple and sophisticated to the extravagant and down right absurd – yeti boots? We don’t think so! In order to make things a little easier we’ve put together a wish list of the key new season pieces that will update your wardrobe in an instant and you don’t have to be a super model to look good in them!
- Statement leopard print. Leopard print never seems to go out of fashion and here it is again creeping into our winter wardrobes. Make yours a statement piece with a bold printed dress, a sheer leopard print top or accessories. You can even work the leopard print in to your underwear drawer!
A camel coat. Whether you remember your mother wearing one or not, a camel coat looks just as good on a 55 year old as it does on a 25 year old; classic, simple and chic.
- An aviator jacket. If you prefer a more edgy look then an aviator jacket will give you that edge. It’s a great in between season jacket, warmer than a standard leather jacket but cooler than a heavy winter coat.
- Tailored tapered trousers. Trousers are back this season and are taking over our evening wardrobes. Nothing says smart sophistication like a pair of good fitting tailored trousers, wear yours cropped at the ankle to show off sexy kitten heels in the day time or killer heels in the evening.
- Chunky knitwear. It’s almost that time of year to be cosying up in knitwear and even though we’re sad to see the end of the summer, there is a part of us that looks forward to covering up and cosying up in layers of chunky knits! Go for a cute cable knit in an oversized style and wear with leggings and boots or opt for a finer knit for more versatility and layering options.
- Hiking boots with a fashion twist. We’re not sure how practical a hiking boot is with a heel, but they sure look good with skinny jeans and a knitted beanie! Actually we wonder why no one had thought of putting a good grip on the sole of our high heels before! Genius!
- Pencil skirt. Rock the 1950s glamour look with a sexy, fitted pencil skirt and make the most of your figure. We also like the 50s A-line shape but pencil skirts just have that bit more sass!
- Leather and lace. This is a trend that should be done in moderation, we’re talking leather and lace trims as opposed to full on gothic attire. For example a lace sleeve under a classic shift dress or a panel of leather on a pencil skirt will update your autumn/winter wardrobe.
- Manish loafers. If you’re not a heels girl then try a pair of manly loafers, they look chic with the season’s cropped tailored trousers and are much kinder to your feet than heels!
- Colour. Winter colour palettes are usually more subdued compared to summer colours, however this season there is still plenty of colour around. Just because the weather is drab, doesn’t mean your clothes have to be!
July 14th, 20100
As well as giving you a range of great basic tops, we have some more fashionable styles too that will keep you happy and fully supported whatever the occasion.
* Hit the nautical trend with the side button jersey vest, the navy colour and white stripe detailing gives this top a fresh feel, wear with white linen trousers to complete the cruise look or go for jeans for a more casual take on this trend. And who knows, looking this good, you might even bag yourself a sailor!
* There’s nothing like a cute check top to celebrate the summer and this particular style has everything; gorgeous pink and blue check print, flattering empire line and cross over front, thick straps to cover your bra and to top it all off nicely; a tie back and button detailing. Summer picnic attire sorted!
* Looking for a top that is smart enough for an occasion but also gives great support and fit? Then we might just have what you’re looking for. Our embellished cotton cami combines a wrap over style front and empire line shape with a gorgeous green colour and sequin/embroidery detail. This top will look sensational with this season’s must have white jeans.
* We think our cotton pleat detail top is the top equivalent of a little black dress, it’s fitted, flattering and is sure to get you noticed! The empire line and low cut of this top will give your boobs a real boost and a little black top goes with everything, especially when it fits this well! If you love the shape of the top then why not try the dress version? The cotton pleat summer dress is just as flattering but comes in a much braver shade of orange it’s a cool comfortable dress that we think you’ll wear all summer!