Posts Tagged ‘Underwear’
February 22nd, 20110
Balconette bras typically have a higher centre front than other styles such as a tee-shirt bra or plunge shape. They also have cups which have a straight horizontal line across the boobs which create a fuller and more rounded shape. Here are our top ten balconette bras, there’s one for every occasion!
1) The Rhea bra by Masquerade comes in gorgeous iris coloured satin material with lace trim and has a classic balconette shape but is given the glam factor with the use of luxurious fabric.
2) The Lucy bra by Freya again uses a sumptuous satin feel fabric but has a fun print with purple trim making it perfect for everyday wear or save it for those days when you want an extra touch of luxury.
3) Our Alana bra has been a popular choice for our Bravissimo girls as it offers the support you’d expect from a Bravissimo bra as well as fabulous embroidery detailing and now it’s available up to an L cup. With five colours to choose from you really are spoilt for choice!
4) The Starlet bra is another fantastic, not to mention red hot, style from the Bravissimo Spring collection. The style is based on the shape of the Alana bra so you know you’ll be getting a great fit, however the finish to this bra has much more va-va-voom and will be most appreciated on special occasions.
5) Curvy Kate’s Thrill Me bra has most certainly been designed with fun in mind. This bra has a Moulin Rouge feel to it with its red satin fabric, black lace trim and ruffles on the briefs that accompany the set.
6) Our Flirty Frill set on the other hand has a much softer look and feel to it, with a subtle colourway and delicate floral patterning this set will bring a breath of fresh air to any lingerie drawer.
8) We think our Sweetheart bra is as lovely as it sounds. And now that Valentine’s Day has been and gone you can treat yourself to this fabulous set without feeling guilty about it!
9) The Alexa bra by Freya looks light and sheer but provides great support and the fantastic berry shades will add a colour injection to your lingerie collection.
10) And finally we have the Angie Basque by Masquerade. This basque has a fabulous balconette shape plus boning down the bodice to create an enviable silhouette.
You may have noticed that we sneaked two styles into number 7, there are just so many to choose from, even we can’t decide which ones we love the most!
February 1st, 20110
There are certain situations in life when what you wear underneath your clothes can make all the difference to how you act on the outside. A first date for example. You wouldn’t turn up to a first date wearing your everyday boring underwear, even if you are the only one that’s going to see it. The same rule applies for the second or third date or even a date night with a long term partner. Great lingerie makes us feel great, whether you prefer a simple set or something a little sassier, especially when that set provides the right amount of support. Other occasions when underwear counts;
- Weddings; whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid or a guest weddings are the time to dig out your best frock and therefore find some appropriate underwear to enhance both your wedding outfit an your mood on the big day. Plus a honeymoon just wouldn’t be a honeymoon without some luxurious lingerie.
- Interviews; although it might not be appropriate to dress sexily for an interview, a fabulous lingerie set underneath your straight laced suit or some figure smoothing underwear underneath a smart shift dress could give you that all important confidence boost.
So whether you’re going to a wedding, an interview or that all important first date, make sure you have the right underwear to go with your outfit. Great lingerie can also perk up what would otherwise be a regular day. So why not try wearing one of your favourite sets on a normal day and see what difference it makes?
January 21st, 20110
You only have to look at pictures of women’s lingerie over the decades to realise how much effort us ladies put into what is worn underneath; the corsetry and infinite layers of the Victorian era, the glamorous silk slips and loose fitting styles of the 30s and the screen scarlet lingerie of the 50s. It makes us wonder what happened to all that effort; today we’re often so busy we’re lucky if we manage to put our knickers on the right way round or even notice if we don’t!
Underwear choice is more frequently made according to comfort and practicality rather than style or effect. However, every once in a while to make ourselves feel feminine and fabulous again, we’ll wear one of our favourite sets and remind ourselves what it feels like to be a woman. Not a mum, not a business woman, not housewife or an accountant but a red blooded woman in sensational lingerie. And although it might not be practical to dress like this everyday, we advise you to start paying more attention to what you wear underneath your clothes as it can make such a difference to your day.
Did you know that a properly fitting bra can make you look slimmer? Well, a bra that fits correctly will position your boobs where they should be and not allow them to fall too low as some badly fitting bras can. The lift of a properly fitting bra can help to define your waist and draw attention to the narrowest part of your body, the waist. A good bra can also make your boobs look fuller and perkier as well as giving plenty of support. Not quite a corset, but thanks to modern design and technology you can get a fabulous boob boosting effect without being tied up tighter than a boat in a storm. If you’d like to try a bra fitting by Bravissimo then click here to find your nearest store. Alternatively you can call our customer helpline where flocks of our gorgeous Bravissimo girls are waiting to help you and your boobs get the bra you deserve. Why not take a leaf out of the books of the glamorous women that have gone before us and make just as much effort in your underwear as you do in your outerwear?
January 4th, 20110
It’s the question on everyone’s lips; who gets the task of designing Kate Middleton’s wedding dress? And more importantly what will it be like? Will she go flamboyant and go for a big dress or opt for something simple and elegant? Rumours are rife about who might get the job and we’re sure that a lot of effort will be going into keeping the dress maker a secret, for as long as possible anyway. We’re sure however that it won’t take long for someone to spill the beans and find out the truth about the designer to the royal wedding.
A wedding dress is one of the most important things to get right on your wedding day, save for finding the right man to marry but usually that’s already been a while in the making. However, just as important as having the right dress is what is worn underneath. The style of underwear needs to fit the style and shape of the dress as well as allowing the wearer to feel comfortable and supported all day long as this is paramount to how the bride will feel on the big day. No matter how expensive the dress is, wearing your old strapless bra underneath will do everything to make you feel less than special. Although with a more or less infinite budget we’re positive that Kate won’t have a problem finding the right lingerie to go with her elusive wedding dress. Not every bride-to-be is as lucky, but don’t panic, Bravissimo has a whole range of bridal lingerie to suit every taste as well every dress in sizes D-KK. From straps to strapless, bodies to basques, plus don’t forget the swimwear for the honeymoon and extra special sets to ensure your love life is as hot as the honeymoon destination!
September 24th, 20100
As the big UK festivals are over for 2010 we say goodbye to tents, wellies and mud bathing for another year. But if you missed out this year then we suggest you get planning early for next year. Glastonbury 2011 registration has already opened, so get online pronto if you fancy going to the Daddy of the UK festivals! The thing we love the most about festivals is that you get a lot of music for your money and there are certain things that happen at festivals that you wouldn’t experience anywhere else (some good – the atmosphere and the music and some bad – the porter-loos and general hygiene)! We also love the people at festivals, nowhere else in the world would you meet such an incredible number of people who are as into their music as the folk at festivals. But you don’t have to be a music boffin to enjoy a festival, there are also lots of new and up and coming bands filling the stages in between the main acts so you can discover new music too!
Like the idea of a festival but not so sure about the camping side? Then why not try glamping? For those of you that are unfamiliar with the term ‘glamping’ is basically camping with glamour (or glamorous camping). General rules for glamping;
- Take the biggest tent you can find, or go one step further and invest in a trailer tent (looks like a normal tent from the outside but step inside and find raised sleeping areas and even a cooker)!
- Take your duvet, Glampers don’t use sleeping bags, they use their best sheets and have proper pillows!
- Glampers don’t drink cider from plastic cups they drink wine from wine glasses and make cocktails.
- Skimping out on food is also a no-no, full picnic hampers and crockery are a must!
- Every effort should also be made to look good this includes make-up, hair and clothing even if it is a little impractical!
Glamping is all about having those extra home comforts but there are logistical issues, with all those pillows and posh crockery you might need an extra day just to get things set up so make sure you factor this into your glamping schedule!
And what about festival dressing? If you’re a fan of the festival look and don’t want to pack up your floral dresses and Bo-ho inspired pieces just yet then you’re in luck as Bo-ho is a huge trend for autumn/winter too! For the cooler weather, layer a floral maxi dress with jersey tops worn underneath and a light jacket or heavy knitwear cardigan over the top. Team with flat boots or a peep toe wedge to see you through the autumn months. Our paisley print dress will look great with tights and boots in winter and with a jersey top underneath to get the new season Bo-ho layered look just right!
September 23rd, 20100
The new autumn collection has landed and we have plenty of new styles for you to try. Because when you update your wardrobe it’s always nice to have some new underwear to go with it! Here are our top 5 new styles…
- The Can Can Bra by Gossard with its red satin floral print and black lace detail will make you feel as desirable as a Moulin Rouge girl. A lightly padded cup will give your boobs an adequate boost and the shorts or thong to match completes the look. Very va va voom!
- We just love the sophistication of the Linear Bra by Pour Moi? This beautiful set with its half sheer, half lined cups in the softest shade of heather is a real winner. The contrasting bow detail give this set added femininity, plus you have the option of attaching suspenders to the matching shorts for a 50s glamour feel which is very much in this season.
- The Jenny Bra by Freya is another one of our firm favourites this season. As much as we do love our plain comfortable everyday bras, now and again we’d like a bra that makes us feel extra special and we think that this particular style has just what it takes! The contrast of the grey/white polka dot and floral embroidery with subtle hints of red makes for a rather stunning combination!
- This season Cleo have brought us the fantastic Lucy Bra, in gorgeous shades of aqua and coral this set is definitely for those who aren’t shy of a bit of colour! Its mesh fabric and scattered embroidery give this bra a fun feel which is sure to brighten up your mood as well as your lingerie drawer!
- Exclusive to Bravissimo is the Bubbles Bra its shape is based on the Alana bra but with a fun retro print that will make you feel great whatever you wear over the top of it! Supportive, comfortable and fun too, now if only we could find a man that fulfils the same criteria!
August 15th, 20100
As well as great day dresses and sundresses, we also have some divine evening dresses for your more special occasions this summer.
If you prefer classic styles then the Two Tone Dress could be right for you. Its jersey top makes this dress a comfortable fit around the boobs, whilst the thicker woven fabric of the pencil skirt has more structure to it to define the waist and emphasise your curves. Team with black heels and subtle accessories to let this gorgeously simple dress do all the talking.
Looking for a new LBD that is as comfortable as it is sexy? Our Kimono Cinch Waist Dress is one wardrobe staple you won’t be able to live without! Its soft jersey fabric makes this dress super comfy, whilst its wrap over effect front, cinched in waist and cap sleeves creates a stunning shape. This dress is everything a LBD should be; fitted, figure flattering and not too flaunty!
The sophistication of the nude Cotton Lace Shift Dress is undeniable. The classic shift shape is given a fashion make over with lace detail and nude colour. The softness of the chiffon over layer makes this dress feminine, fun and flirty, perfect for any occasion. Wear with soft metallic shoes and accessories to complete the look.
If we were trying to recreate an exotic vacation mood then this is the dress we’d choose. The Jewel Appliqué Dress in a turquoise that screams take me somewhere hot and exotic is the ultimate holiday dress for those special evenings out. The jewelled waist adds a touch of extra glamour and will make you feel totally gorgeous!
August 14th, 20100
Most of us have been invited to at least one wedding this summer. Everyone it seems is tying the knot this year, the best friend, work colleagues, Katie Price, Chelsea Clinton, Robbie Williams and Princess Victoria of Sweden (wow was that an extravagant wedding or what?!). So all you can do is find a wedding suitable outfit or three, secure a date (much more difficult than it sounds if you’re single, as weddings scare the hell out of single men) or alternatively find a good excuse not to go. We’ll let you off for the latter if it’s a colleagues wedding, if you’ve been invited to be in the wedding party however or if it’s the wedding of a family member then you’re going to need a very good excuse not to go! There is always more pressure if you are involved in the wedding party, as a bridesmaid or family member, as this requires much more chit-chat with guests and plenty of posing for somewhat unnatural photographs. On the positive side, you get extra fuss all day and get to wear something more extravagant, which is all good by us!
Weddings are funny things, as although their main purpose is to celebrate the love of two people deciding to spend the rest of their lives together, they are also very stressful and expensive even for guests. Like Christmas, weddings seem to have had their meaning lost under all the entrées, limousines and pressure for everything to be perfect. So if you’re getting married soon, planning a wedding or going to a wedding, just try to remember the reason behind all the little things that go towards making the day special.
Top tips for wedding guests;
- Always take a gift and a card even if the couple ask for money or have a set list, a gift makes you look thoughtful and generous.
- Be on best behaviour and leave the embarrassing drunk uncle act to the embarrassing drunk uncle.
- Don’t look in any shape or form like you are trying to upstage the bride. Click here to see some of our wedding worthy dresses with extra room for your boobs which will save you about three weeks trawling the shops for a dress that fits!
- Dance! The bride and groom didn’t spend a small fortune on a live band for you to sit down all evening. So dust off your dancing shoes and join in, avoiding the sways of the drunken uncle of course, the last thing you want is beer spilt down a dress that took you the best part of a month to find.
Stick to these golden rules and you’re sure to have a great time, oh and if you’re that bothered, you can practice your catching skills too!
August 12th, 20100
The sales seem to have come round quicker than ever this summer, not that we’re complaining. Although it does feel as though we’ve barely had chance to wear our summer outfits before the discounts have started and that means accepting the reality that soon there will be new season clothing in and by new season we mean Autumn/Winter collections AAARRRRRRRRRGH! The sheer thought of winter fills us with horror, so actually we think we’ll make the most of our summer clothes before we contemplate buying knitwear again! Plus, it’s a great time of year to pick up some bargains or some last minute things for your summer holiday!
Hot summer items to make the most of (before it’s too late);
- Maxi dress, if you haven’t tried one yet then now is the time! Go jersey for day time and accessorise with bangles and long necklaces or opt for silk for an evening/formal look. Patterned maxi dresses are more difficult to pull off, but find the right print and they look incredible.
- Wedges, heels are going delicate and feminine next season, so make the most of your wedge heels now.
- Prints always look better and more exotic when the weather is good, so wear yours sooner rather than later at home or on holiday, there’s nothing like a bit of sunshine to set off a bold and colourful print.
- Anything bo-ho, the bo-ho look with its floaty florals, torn denim and straw hats is definitely a summer trend, it ties in with festivals, summers spent by the beach or in the park having a picnic, not so good in the snow!
- Utility chic will make way to softer more feminine styles so if you’ve invested in a pair of combat style trousers/shorts/jacket, wear them now. This doesn’t mean however that we’ll all be wearing lady like dresses and skirts next season, trousers are still big news and we predict you’ll be opting for a pair of silk tailored trousers over a dress for your winter parties.
August 11th, 20100
Keep your eye out for next season’s must have accessories;
- A cleavage, it’s true, a cleavage is THE number one accessory for next season. As fashion makes a long overdue return to feminine easy to wear styles, with 50s silhouettes and flattering shapes, a celebration of curves is also on the cards. Hurray!
- A square bag. Smart, simple and square are the three key ingredients to the perfect handbag, preferably in a brown or neutral tone.
- High heeled boots, think hiking boot meets stiletto. This tough take on the classic stiletto works well with the season’s country look, leather jackets and tweed.
- Kitten heels, we haven’t seen kitten heels around for a while, but they work perfectly with the back to simplicity feel of the new season’s trends. They’re also more practical for everyday wear and are way more feminine and dainty then the ‘fierce’ heels of previous seasons.
- Thin waist belts, these were everywhere on the catwalks for Autumn/Winter 2010. Wear yours thin and tied in a knot over your coat, over a cardigan, top or dress to add definition to your waist.
- Leopard print is having a thing next season as it outlasts other animal prints and is still going strong. Wear the print in the evening for full on glamour on the wild side!
- Socks with shoes not quite as scary as socks with sandals but we’re not too sure we’ll be able to rock this look without feeling a little too little girlie.
- Long gloves, practical especially if next winter is going to be as cold as the last, but fashionable too. Long leather gloves are going to have a moment next season so make sure you get the right pair, wear to the elbow for full impact and opt for leather or suede. You can either match or clash the colour depending on whether you prefer the subtle classic look or something bolder!